Chapter Three

A/N: I'm trying something new, I've never wrote in first person so please bare with me! And tips and pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Robin's POV

It had been a few weeks since the night at the bar, Snake and I had exchanged numbers and almost texted each other nonstop. "Hey, Robin, did you finish stocking shelves?" I glanced over and saw Mike had his arms crossed over his chest and a frown on his face.
"I will in a few minutes, sorry. I've been so scatterbrained lately, no more breaking my routine for me!" I let out a small laugh, falling silent when Mike didn't laugh along. "Oh lighten up, it's not like you've been perfect minded everyday of your life." I snapped, Mike had been on a very short fuse since he drove me to the bar. I had no idea what his problem was and it was pissing me off.
"Every time I look over at you, you're on your phone texting someone!"
I pretended to be shocked as I gasped. "Heaven forbid I want to be more social and talk to my crush!" I said with sarcasm, going back to stocking shelves.
"Crush?" He echoed, his face dropping.
"Uh, did I say crush?" I blushed deeply, I didn't like Snake like that! Mike muttered something before storming off, I shrugged it off before unboxing the next package to shelve.
I was pulled from my thoughts again as someone tapped on my should. "Excuse me, where can I find first aid kits?" I smile inwardly as I recognize the deep voice.
I turn and give a small smile. "Oh, hey Snake!" He seemed shocked but quickly returned his face to a stoic look.
"Hello, Robin, I didn't know you worked here." I stood up and brushed myself off.
"Sadly everyday from one to seven thirty." I chuckled as he let out a small hum in amusement. "So, what were you looking for?" He seemed to hesitate for a moment, making me curious as to why.
"I need a first aid kit, my, uh, sister's down and she tends to injure herself a lot." I raised an eyebrow at the explanation but didn't press him on it, it sounded sketchy but it wasn't my business.
"Just this way." I saw him relax before following me to the aisle, both of us stopping in front of the small first aid kits. "They're camping ones but they should do." He gave a nod before grabbing three of them, quietly thanking me before heading off quickly. I watched him grab a few more things that looked more like last minute items before he headed up to the till, Mike ringing up his items.
I pushed it to the back of my mind, I'd ask him about it later.

.:.

I was about to head to bed when my doorbell rang. I glanced up at the clock before getting up an heading to my door, opening it a crack before flinging it open. "Snake! What're you doing here?!" I glanced behind him and saw it was raining, quickly shaking my head. "You can explain later, get in here." I quickly pulled him in before shutting the door behind him. "Wait here, and don't move off the rug." I ran off to get him a towel to dry off with. I was confused why he was here but that could wait, his health came first.
I returned with a towel and handed it to him. "I think I might have some of my Dad's old clothes you can change into, hold on."
"Robin-" I turned around and pointed at him.
"Shush, you're gonna be warm and dry before we talk." I turn and head back to my room, glancing at the clock and already dreading the feeling of breaking the routine. I found a box of my Dad's stuff, moving to the bottom and finding a pair of dark blue and black plaid pants and a black muscle shirt. Good enough for now.
I made my way back to Snake and handed him the items. "Bathroom's down that hall and first door on the left." He gave a nod before sliding his boots off as well as his socks, shoving the wet fabric inside his boots. As soon as I heard the door click, I picked up his wet coat and hug it up to dry. I removed his socks from his boots before placing the shoes over the vent so they could dry out, I assumed he wouldn't want wet boots.
"Robin?" I glanced up and headed over to the bathroom door.
"Yeah Snake?" I leaned against the wall as I heard shuffling from the other side.
"Do you have a sweater I could throw on? Or a long sleeved shirt?" I was confused, did he not like showing off his body? I shrugged it aside as I headed off to my room.
"Let me look!" I called back, crouching down to search for a shirt or sweater. I quickly found the latter --a back one-- and headed back to the waiting Snake. "Here you are." He opened the door and I caught a glimps of something but it was gone as fast as it appeared as he took the sweater and shut the door.
I headed to the kitchen and began making hot chocolate, hoping he liked it. Within a few minutes, Snake came out to greet me just as I was adding marshmallows to the hot chocolate.
"Here," I held out the mug to him, raising an eyebrow at me as he took it, "it's hot chocolate." He gave a small nod before taking a sip. "Let's go sit down." Another nod as I lead him to the living room, holding in a whine when I saw the time.
I took a seat at one end of the couch and Snake took the other end. "I'm sorry, I know your routine and I'm breaking it right now, but my girlfriend just kicked me out. She said she 'couldn't deal with me anymore' and 'I just needed to get away from her'. I didn't want to bother Cr-Ryan and Cheyenne, Ziegs is out of town, Russ left with her, and obviously Jund won't let me stay. I'm so sorry but you seemed like the only option." I don't think I've ever heard him talk that much in one go.
"Hey, no worries, you can stay here." He let out a small sigh in what I assumed was relief as I smiled gently at him. "Is your girlfriend-"
"Ex girlfriend." He quickly corrected.
"Ex girlfriend," I repeated, "going to let you grab your stuff?" He gave me a nod as he took another sip of the warm liquid.
"Yeah, she said she'd be gone in the morning and that's when she told me to grab my stuff." I nodded as set my mug down, crawling over and hugging him. I felt him tense up but soon he was hugging me back gently.
Snake pulled away slightly and I took that as my cue to back away as well. "I've taken up enough of your time, where will I be sleeping?" He asked.
I got up, giving a soft smile. "I have a spare bedroom. I had a roommate when I first moved here but soon enough the routine became a thing and they couldn't handle it. So I got the whole place to myself." He gave a small apologetic look.
"Sorry, again."
I shook my head as I lead him down the hall. "Don't be, it gets lonely sometimes." I glanced back and was shocked, he was giving me a small smile. I smiled back at him as I opened the door, allowing him to enter.
"Thank you, Robin."
"Anytime, Snake."