Chapter Nine

Robin's POV

I got home earlier than usual, Scott had given me a ride and kept hinting at something I had no idea about. I waved at Scott as I went into the house, still confused about what had Scott so excited. I shook it off as I headed down the hall and saw the bathroom door closed, thinking nothing of it as I headed to my room. I stopped quickly when I heard a quiet 'shit' from the other side of the door. "Snake?" I called, knocking on the door. "Everything alright?" It was quiet before the door unlocked. My eyes widened in surprise as Snake's greyish-blue eyes were red like he had been crying and held a look of fear in them.
"Phone Scott and tell him to come over right now." His voice was shaking, it never shook.
"But I thought you hate-"
"Robin! Fucking call him over!" He yelled, turning and taking off to his bedroom with his arms close to his chest. I was shocked for a minute before I pulled out my cellphone with shaky hands and dialled Scott's number.
"Hey Robin, already miss-"
"Scott," I cut him off, "come to my house, Snake just yelled at me and he wants you over and he seemed really scared." He was silent for a moment.
"I'll be over right away, don't go in his room." I blinked as he hung up, unsure what to do with myself. What was wrong with Snake that he wanted his enemy to come help him?
It was only a few minutes before Scott flew through the door, dashing down to Snake's room and entering. I watched as Scott acted like a crutch for Snake, the taller one extremely pale. "What's going on?" I was ignored as they headed out to Scott's car, getting in and driving off. I snatched Snake's keys up and ran to his car, jumping in and driving after them. What was going on?!

.:.

I stayed back and watched as Scott pulled into the hospital, driving right up to the doors. He leapt out, seemingly talking to Snake before he bolted inside. A few moments later a stretcher was swiftly wheeled out as Snake was pulled out from the car and placed on it. I held in a small whimper when I saw Scott right by his side, from here I could see his cheeks were wet. Was he crying over Snake? I waited a few minutes before turning off the engine and sliding out of Snake's car. I slowly made my way to the doors and to the front desk, a woman looked up and gave me a smile.
"Hello, how may I help you?" I felt my throat go dry, I didn't know what was wrong with me. Snake would be fine, we'd all go home and forget about this.
"I, um, I'm here to see David Pliskin." She nodded as she looked down at her computer and began to type.
"You're relation with Mister Pliskin?"
"I'm his close friend." She nodded as she kept typing. "He was brought in a little while ago with a short man with brown hair that's spiked up, kinda higher pitched voice." The woman let out a small 'oh' before she stood up.
"Follow me, you'll have to wait outside his room though." I just nodded, Scott would be waiting too and he had some explaining to do. She lead the way down a few different hallways until she stopped and pointed down a hall. I saw Scott sitting in a chair and gave the woman a nod, making my way over.
Scott glanced up before his jaw dropped. "Robin, wha-what are you doing here?!"
"I could ask the same thing." He looked down at his feet as I took a seat beside him. "Scott, what happened?" He looked over at me, I could see tears brimming his eyes. He suddenly leaned over as hugged me tightly, shaking as he cried into my shoulder. I held him close, trying to comfort him as best as I could as I felt my own tears form.
We sat there like that for a while before a doctor came out of Snake's room. "Mister Jund and Miss Nyx?" We quickly stood up, Scott wiping the tears away. "David's in stable condition, he's asleep right now but you can go in and see him." We gave a nod as Scott lead the way in, heading straight for Snake's bed as I slowly made my way in. I glanced over my shoulder as the door softly shut and when I looked back, Scott had his face in Snake's chest and sobbing again.
I moved and sat in the chair, glad the lights were turned off. I don't think I'd be able to handle the brightness after myself and Scott's little crying session out in the hall. I glanced up as I heard Scott softly singing, feeling my heart ache as his voice kept cracking and he had to keep stoping to catch his breath.

It hurts when you need me
And I can't break your fall
It hurts when you can't see
And it hurts
And it hurts when you're lonely
And I'm standing right beside you there
And it hurt when you told me
That you told me that you tried this on your own
Hope you never hurt
Hope you never cry
Hope you never lose your way tonight
Hope you never crumble
Hope you never fall

I looked up as Scott felt silent, I could just make out a hand gently rubbing the back of Scott's head. "Oh thank god." He whispered, hugging Snake tighter. I stayed silent, watching them closely. They didn't seem like enemies at all, more like brothers. "I thought I lost you in the car, you went unconscious."
"I'm still here." His voice sounded deeper, he must still be half asleep or under hospital drugs.
"They want to put you back on pills, but I told them that it wasn't a good idea." Snake let out a small sigh before he looked over in my direction, freezing. "Before you get mad, she followed us, I didn't bring her." I gave a quick nod to confirm before Snake relaxed.
"What... what happened?" Scott gave Snake an expectant look before he got up and nodded for me to head to Snake. I hesitantly made my way over as he was unwrapping one of the bandages around his arm. My hand flew up to cover my mouth when I saw many scars, old and --very-- new, covering his arm. I quickly brought him into a hug as I shook.
"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" I whispered, glancing up at his face, my brown eyes searching his greyish-blue eyes.
"I was scared you'd leave me too."
"I'll never leave you to fight this alone." I held him tightly, leaning up and softly kissing his cheek. "I'm with you until the end, I promise."

A/N: Lyrics -> Hurt by Thousand Foot Krutch, I feel so cliché putting in lyrics, fuck it.