Chapter Eleven

Robin's POV

Despite what Scott told me, I kept a watchful eye on Snake and made him come with me whenever I left the house. It was simple enough, we both liked spending time together and more often than not he asked if he could tag along.
I let out a small giggle as he grabbed my hand and pulled me towards his room, sitting down on his chair as he pulled me down onto his lap. I looked over at the screen and let out a laugh, the Impossible Game was up on the pause menu. "I can't get to the next checkpoint." I smiled as I leaned forward, hand on the spacebar. I felt Snake rest his chin on my shoulder, I smiled slightly as I tried even harder to get past this part on the first try.
"Yes, she is my girlfriend." I glanced back at Snake and gave him a confused look before looking back at the game. "I'm streaming." He mumbled, I let out a small 'oh' before letting out a curse as I died.
I leaned back against Snake as I rubbed my forehead. "I forgot how hard this level was." I glanced back and saw Snake was trying to stifle a laugh, though I wasn't sure why. I went to press 'continue' but Snake wrapped his arms around me as he pressed a soft kiss to my cheek.
"You don't have to keep going, I was going to play Dark Souls anyways." I let out a small hum before letting out a tiny laugh.
"I'm staying and watching then, I have an hour before work anyways." I turned and he gave me a small nod as he grabbed his controller. "I'll go sit-"
"You're fine here." I gave a small smile as I turned back around and leaned back into his chest, smiling as he started up the game.
"Can they see us?" I asked, glancing up at him as he moved so his hands and controller was in front of me.
"No, I like my privacy." I let out a small chuckle. "If you want you can read chat." I gave a small nod as he slip a laptop over to me, pointing out the chat.
"Gosh, who do you keep up with it?" I asked, it seemed to scroll so fast.
"This is nothing compared to Cry's chat." I gave Snake a confused look.
"Cry?" I questioned, unsure of who that was.
He leaned forward and pressed a button on his keyboard. "That's Ryan's name he goes by, but don't call him Ryan. And they can't hear us right now since I muted us." I gave a nod as he unmuted us and loaded up his save.

.:.

"Take care everyone." I watched as the chat flew by with 'bye Snake!' or 'bye Boss!' there were even a few 'bye Robin!'s in there.
"Are we still on?" He shook his head as he set his controller off to the side. I stretched my arms up slightly before standing up, glancing at the clock on the wall. "That was perfect timing." I mused as I watched Snake glance up at the clock as well.
"Can I tag along?" He asked as he stood up, stretching his arms up in the air.
I gave him a nod. "Sure, but I'm just gonna say this now; it'll probably be really boring." Snake let out a small chuckle before he kissed me on the lips.
"Nah, it's never boring when you're around." I blushed slightly before taking his hand and leading out to his car. I went to get into the drivers seat but Snake quickly took the keys from me. "I can drive." I gave a nod as I slipped into the passenger seat, biting my lip as I felt myself breaking my routine of driving. "Everything alright?" I glanced over and saw concern in his eyes.
"Yeah, just used to driving."
"Routine?" I looked down at my lap as I gave a small nod. "Well, think of it this way; you can look at the scenery and talk to me with without a worry." I gave a nod, wanting to believe his words.
I followed Snake's instructions, laughing and talking with him as I looked out the window. It seemed like only a few minutes before we arrived and Snake parked his car, his plan had worked! We headed into the mall, laughing and joking as we headed to the clothing store.
It was a fairly slow day but soon we headed out for lunch at the food court, Snake buying for both of us though I insisted I paid for my own. Once we were done eating, we headed to the drug store. I already dreaded seeing Mike but I tried to push that to the back of my mind.
"I'm gonna go change, feel free to wander around."

.:.

Snake's POV

I gave Robin a nod, watching as she headed over to what I assumed was the back room. I let out a small sigh in content as I headed over to the books, seeing as I had nothing else to do for a few hours. The store was quiet, save for the soft music playing in the background, so when I heard footsteps I looked up and saw Robin's coworker walking towards me.
"So, you're David." I narrowed my eyes slightly, what was this guys deal?
"I am, though I'm not sure why it concerns you." Mike let out a laugh as he ripped the book from my hands and tossed it aside.
"Do listen close," I raised an eyebrow, "Robin doesn't love you. She pities you, you're just a burden to her. She has to watch over you twenty-four seven just to make sure you don't cut. Come on, think about it, she'd be ten times happier without you." I balled my fists, trying best not to punch him in the face.
"Why should I listen to you?"
"Because I've dated her before, she wanted me because I was a charity case at the time. As soon as she gets what she wants, she'll leave you back where you started." I felt my stomach do flips, what if he was telling the truth? But Robin wouldn't lie to me, would she? "You seem conflicted, just take my warning with a grain of salt." Mike quickly turned and left, leaving me alone with my thoughts.
Did Robin actually love me? Or was it a façade? Just a way for her to look better in front of her friends?
I quickly pulled out my phone, bitting my lip as I dialled Scott's number. "Hey, what'cha up to?"
"Scott, I don't know what to do. I was told that Robin doesn't really care for anyone but herself, what if it's true?" The other end was quiet for a moment before Scott spoke up.
"Snake, listen to me. Robin would never, ever, hurt you. She may do it accidentally but never on purpose, I've known her since kindergarden, she wouldn't hurt a fly. Whoever told you different is a dirty liar and should go rot in hell." I let out a soft sigh in relief, I thought Mike was lying. But I couldn't help but feel a small part of me still thinking over what Mike said. No, stop, she loves me. She said so herself.

A/N: This was more of a filler than anything, not quite sure where to take the plot from here. I have a few ideas and already have the ending done, but I'm not sure what to do in between. So that means updates might be a little slower until I structure a plot line, sorry for any inconvenience!