➶ treinta y dos

I get ready for the exebhit, I put on a red dress and make my hair look nice before sitting to do my makeup. After I arrived at the hotel last night, I texted my uncle and pedri before going to bed.

The chauffeur comes and takes me to the musuem thing. I feel so proud of myself doing this, I've never really had an accomplishment in my life before to be proud of but this is like my first thing.

Being picked for this selecitve thing, the fact that people actually like my stuff and think its worth going in a exhibition is crazy to me.

I also am a bit stressed, what if I mess shit up, say the wrong thing or what if people don't like the paintings.

Finally, I get there and it starts. I go around and mingle with people, and just watch as they look at all my painting hung up around the dimly lit hall.

It gets really stressful at one point where all I want to do is leave but I know I cant. I distract myself and I go talk to the director of this.

"thank you so much for this opportunity" I say 

"my pleasure, the whole board was delighted with your skill at this age. we would be glad to start a partnership with you, to find suitable buyers for your pieces whenever you please" he smiles

"oh my gosh really? that's so lovely to hear. I would love to discu-"

"ciao" I hear someone say, wrapping there arms around me. I don't even need to look to see who, the heavy Spanish accent gives it away.

"her paintings are very very good you should-"

"sorry, could I have a minute?" I smile politely

"yes ofcource" the guy nods before leaving.

"pedri what are you doing here!" I smile, a bit forced as I turn around

"I came to surprise you!" he smiles

"oh, you could've called" I say "look I'm really busy right now mi amor, how about you go sit, mingle, free drinks and food have fun I'll find you later" 

"no its okay I'll come with you" he says.

"pedri just stay here okay" I say patting his shoulder before going to find the guy again. I find him and we continue discussing the partnership.

But, it doesn't go as well as it sounded before. And I'm left with a very uncertain, 'we'll see'

I go mingle with some other importan tpeople, I'm almost jaw dropped when I see one of the most famous painters ever at my exhibit. (idk who this painter is just pretend guys idk)

Pedri comes with me, and as I'm about to introduce myself. 

"OMG you're pedri!" she gasps. Soon there's a crowd around pedri, all asking for autographs. Now I know that if I have a famous boyfriend people are all going to recognize him and ask for photos, but this is my thing. My rare thing.

FInally it all dies down, and I go talk to some more people.

"so tell me about this pei-"

"ciao ciao" pedri says, wrapping his arms around me and kissing my cheek from behind. 

"pedri give me a minute" I whisper wiggling out of his arms.  BUt he doesn't stop.

"I'm very very sorry, I will get back to you soon" I say. 

"pedri can you just go home" I huff bringing him to a corner. I notice he has flowers 

"what why?" he asks

"just go please I'll talk to you later"I say

"you don't want me here?" he asks. In my anger and frustration, I say this.

"no I don't want you here, all you've done is mess things up, embarrass me and make it about you!" I yell

Then it goes silent.

"I'm sorry" he whispers. dropping the roses in his hand and leaving. I sigh in regret and go back to what I was doing. Not with a good feeling.

I carry this weight on my chest for the whole night, before finally going back to the hotel at around 12.

I find pedri, putting things in his suitcase. He looks at me as I walk in, and then goes back to folding. 

"pe-"

"I don't wanna hear it-my flights in an hour" he says zippinghis suitcase up..

"tu es loco" I mutter putting my bag down

"I'm crazy?!??" his eyes widen

"yes! you cant blame me for lashing out at you it was literally your fault!" I say (yell)

"my fault?!?! my fault for loving you? oh yes all my fault for flying out to support my girlfriend?" he scoffs shaking his head 

"your fault for embarassing me!" I say "I was this close to getting a partnership? you know how big a deal that is for me pedri?no because you don't care, and you don't have to care but at least don't come and mess things up!"

"the whole night all I heard after you came was 'ooh look pedri' 'omg pedri' it was all about you on my night" I yell

"not my fault im more important than your boring paintings! i dont even know why i do all this for you! youre just an ungrateful spoilt brat who needs to be humbled" he yells. I dont really know how to reply to that.

I look at him in silence, unable to find good suitable for the situation words. I blink, making the built up tears fall from my eyes.

I take my earrings off and set them on the bedside table.

"nica-"

"you would think both my parents dying in front of me and sort of because of me is humbling enough" I say staring at the ground.

"stop "

"you think it would be humbling no? not really not at all- after that I went in a limo to the premium section of the hospital, then gave me gold casts to heal my snapped bones! so luxurious, I wish I was a little less spoilt"

"nica it just came out I didn't mean it" he says

"youre gonna be late for your flight" i say standing up. He nods and gets his suitcase upright before going by the door.

"are we really gonna leave each other like this?" he whispers, leaning against the door. I sigh before thinking.

"no" I whisper before we both lean in and kiss. Our hands go behind each others necks as we keep each other forehead to forehead.

"lets take a break" I say "and we'll talk about it when I come back"

"I agree, te amo mucho" he says kissing me again

"te amo, have a safe flight" I whisper kissing his cheek.

🗝

chat this was gonna end much much much worse 

but I decided not to make it that dark
so yeah

have a good day/night and don't forget to vote!

---

ryanaldo