26-Ready

Reid's POV
We laid in the bed talking and laughing for a long time after that conversation. The conversations just flowed, one to the next. We could talk forever and I'd never get tired of it, even if it was the same thing over and over again. We were still laying there naked and barely covered by the top sheet when my door flung open. Blaze turned toward us, jaw dropped to the floor. He slapped his hand over his eyes. "Sorry! I should've knocked! I just came to tell you that Flynn is supposed to get discharged today and dad wants you to go pick him up." He ran out of the room and slammed my door behind him. I looked back to Aspen and her cheeks were bright red. "You think he saw anything?" "Reid! Your brother just walked in on us naked! How are you so unfazed?" "Because I've walked in on him in much worse situations on many occasions." She buried her face in my chest as she started laughing. "Come on, time to get dressed." She stood up off my body and I watched as she started getting her clothes. "If you can't focus then I can go in the bathroom." "I can focus." I stood up from the bed and started putting on my suit. I snuck glances at her as she put on jeans and a shirt.

Once we were both dressed we drove to the hospital, separately because she was still in Harmony's car. When we got there she took me straight up to Flynn's room. "Stay out here for one second." I nodded and sat in the chair outside of Flynn's room, curious to why she wanted me to wait.

Aspen's POV
I remembered that when I left, Miles was still here with Flynn. I told Reid to wait outside and walked into the room. Harmony was taking his vitals and he was holding Miles's hand. "Hey Aspen." "Hey babe." "Hey guys. Reid's here." Harmony beamed at me. Flynn looked like he wasn't sure how to feel. "I made him wait outside so I could talk to you first. Blaze said they're gonna discharge you today so your dad sent Reid to get you but I know you want to meet him really bad too so two birds, one stone. But I also didn't want you to be uncomfortable, and I couldn't call since you have no phone." "How about I go meet him and you can think about what you're ready for?" Flynn nodded at Harmony's idea and we walked out of the room together.

I walked out first and Reid stood up. "Reid, this is my best friend Harmony. Harmony this is Reid, my boyfriend." She reached out and shook his hand and he put on his best nice face. It was weird to see him attempt to smile in front of people instead of leaving his stern and serious face on. He smiled for me all the time, but not normally for anyone else, except for Vera. "It's nice to meet you Harmony." "You too Reid." "I'm gonna go talk to Flynn. You guys be civil." I walked into Flynn's room and shut the door behind me. I sat down at Flynn's feet, Miles was still sitting in the chair next to the bed and holding his hand. "How are you feeling." "Pretty good considering I was shot two days ago, glad they're letting me out faster than my dad." "I'm glad to hear that, I was a little worried they were letting you out too early but you seem to be doing good and healing up nicely." "They said I got lucky, that even a millimeter over and I could have had severe, permanent damage in either of the places." "They're right, I'm glad he didn't do any more serious damage." "I'm just glad he's dead and it technically wasn't one of their faults." Last night I told Flynn about Mathias, and he told Miles everything about his life, it was hard not to since he had just witnessed a shooting. He seemed scared but instead of running he just clung to Flynn and that's the moment I knew he was in love with him. Because even though he found out that Flynn has a crazy, dangerous life, he didn't even really flinch at the idea of the mafia and just turned into him instead of away from him.

"I promise I'm not trying to push too hard or pressure you at all, but do you think you're ready to tell Reid about this?" "I think so. I've been thinking about telling him for a while, he's the first one in my family that I've wanted to tell. And Vera kind of knows since she woke up and Miles was here this morning so she'll tell him eventually." "Are you sure?" "Yeah, I am. Bring him in." "Do you want me to stay or go?" "Stay, please. You're good at handling him. I don't think he'll honestly care but if he for some reason freaks out then I want you to be here." "Ok." I smiled at him before walking out of the room to where Harmony and Reid were standing together.

"You can come in now, come on." "I gotta go check on my other patients but it was nice to meet you Reid." "You too Harmony." He took my hand and we walked in together. Miles and Flynn were no longer holding hands when we entered the room. I sat down at Flynn's feet again, Reid stood next to me, still holding my hand. I made a face at Flynn, trying to tell him to start talking but he looked nervous. He made big eyes at me trying to indicate the nerves he was feeling. I smiled at him reassuringly. "Can you to quit making eyes at each other and tell me what is going on?" Flynn cleared his throat and shifted uncomfortably before speaking.