16-Don't Apologize

Reid's POV
I woke up and got dressed in my normal suit attire then went to Vera's room to get her ready for school. I walked in and turned on her light then kneeled down next to her bed and woke her up. "Vera, it's time to wake up, you have to get ready for school." Her eyes fluttered open gently and she sat up in her bed. She turned and hugged me tightly as I lifted her up from the bed. I walked towards her closet and searched it for what she was going to wear. I got out an outfit that was already made on the hanger because I've never been the best at making outfits that aren't just all black. "What do you think of this outfit?" "It's good." I started helping her get dressed and she was finally awake enough to actually talk. "Can I ask a question." "What is it Vera?" "Do you love Aspen?" I was shocked by her question, it was a big question to ask someone. "Yes Vera, I love Aspen. But you can't tell her yet because I haven't told her." I picked her up and took her to the bathroom to brush her hair as she continued to speak. "I think you should tell her, I like her a lot. She's pretty and nice and sweet. Do you think you guys will get married one day?" "She is very pretty and nice. I don't know if we'll get married, I would like that but I'm not sure how she feels about it. I love her and I hope we get married but I don't know yet." "Can I be in the wedding? That would be fun." I brushed her hair back into a ponytail and then headed back to her room to put on her shoes and get her stuff for school. "If we get married then you can definitely be in the wedding." "Yay!" "Now come on, we have to get you to school." She grabbed her backpack and we headed out the door to my car.

I dropped Vera off and then went to Aspen's apartment complex. I parked in the same place I had the night before and then went upstairs to her apartment. I knocked on the door and heard Aspen yell something from deep inside somewhere and I waited patiently until she finally came to the door. I leaned in and kissed her and then she waved me inside her apartment. I shut the door behind me and then sat down at the bar. "Sorry, I woke up later than I meant to. Make yourself comfortable, I just need like 5 minutes." She was rushing around her apartment collecting things and getting ready at the same time. She was wearing tight, black leggings and a green shirt with her hair curled. I grabbed her as she was walking by and turned her to face me. "Hey, relax, I'm not in a rush to go anywhere ok. You don't have to rush around and freak out. You have all the time in the world." She took a deep breath and her shoulders dropped. "I'm just stressed out and I really don't know why. I woke up late and then Harmony called and said she missed her flight home so she wouldn't be home till the day after tomorrow instead of tomorrow night and then I wasn't ready when you got here. And I haven't told Harmony about you yet because I don't want to tell her on the phone so that's stressing me out too. Oh also, Harmony is my best friend and we work together, just realized you didn't know who she was yet." After she was done with her ramble she let out a breath of relief. "Everything is going to workout. Oh, I meant to ask you earlier, when do you work next?" "A few days. I worked for almost all of last week while Harmony was gone so I'll be off for a little bit." "Ok. Do you need help getting anything ready?" "No, I just have to finish putting my clothes in my bag. It shouldn't take long at all." "Ok." I kissed her before releasing her to finish packing. Once she was done packing we got in the car and drove back to my house.

We went upstairs to my room and she put her stuff down on the couch and then flopped down on the bed. I followed suit and laid down on the bed next to her. She rolled over so she was laying with her head on my chest. I played with her hair with one hand and rubbed her back with the other. I felt her heartbeat slowing down a little bit as she calmed down from all her stress this morning. I kissed the top of her head as we continued just laying there. "Sorry for rushing around this morning, I know I probably stressed you out." I tilted her head up so she was looking into my eyes. "You do not apologize for that. You were stressed out, you're allowed to be stressed out. Just because you were stressed out doesn't mean you stressed me out and if you're stressed out then I want to be right there helping you figure it out, and you never have to be sorry about that. Ok?" She nodded her head and I kissed her gently. We cuddled up to one another and both drifted off to sleep.