3-Obsessed

Reid's POV
It's been three weeks since I met Aspen at the hospital and I haven't stopped thinking about her for a second. It's like I've been completely obsessed with her since the moment she walked into the room. Every moment of my day, every thought in my mind is her. She's captivated me completely and I don't know how to stop thinking about her and focus on my other duties. "Reid!" I come out of my thoughts due to Blaze's screaming at me. "What." "What are we gonna do about this, I can't get ahold of Dad." "When's the last time anyone heard from him?" "A week ago, the anniversary was the last time anyone saw him or spoke to him." My mom, Camilla, died when Vera wasn't even a year old yet, it was a heart attack that came suddenly and messed up everything for a while. A week ago the anniversary of her death passed, 4 years since it happened. Dad normally shells up for the day and maybe a day or two after but it's been a week now and it's worrying everyone. "Send out some men and get them to check all his normal places that he goes to be alone, but I need you, Flynn, and our best men still here. It's been too quiet lately and we need to figure out why." I ushered him away to do what he was told and resumed my thoughts of Aspen, no matter what was going on around me, my mind always resorted back to thinking of her. I wondered constantly if she was thinking about me too, or if she just forgot about me the second she walked away from me that day.

A bunch of men, the best in my mafia, surrounded me as I tried to think of what our rivals were trying to do. "Look, I know you all follow my father and you're under him but right now I'm in charge so I need you to all listen carefully and closely. If we don't figure out what those fuckers are up to soon, we're gonna have much bigger problems than my dad being MIA." They all nodded their heads at me, attentively. "I need you to fan out and check all their normal locations and try to figure out anything you can about what they're planning on doing. I want check ins before and after you do anything specific, if I don't get a report back from all of you at least twice today then I'm gonna come and find you myself." The men nodded and made their way out into the world to figure out what the Clarkes were planning. In Pennsylvania there are two main mafia families, the James' and the Clarkes. We were rivals but we worked together on rare occasions to squash smaller mafia's quickly or to go against mafia's from other mafia's that were encroaching on Pennsylvania. We both stay pretty hidden and don't advertise that we exist to the public. Overall they normally only get quiet when they're planning a big attack against us, which isn't that bad because we can take them but it's worrisome considering we're down a few members from their last attack and haven't fully recovered to fill the places of those fallen men. The Clarkes are smaller than us and generally less powerful but it is still rough when they attack unexpectedly so we need to figure out how to fix this and scare them off for a little while, but all I can think about is her.

I want to know everything and anything there is to know about Aspen, what makes her happy, what makes her hurt, what's her favorite food or her favorite color, I've never felt this way before but what I do know is that I have to find an excuse to see her as soon as I possibly can. It's like she's a drug, I saw her once and now all I want is another hit. I'm sitting at my desk in my office and I should be thinking about our next move against the Clarke's but instead I'm just thinking of a way to see her again. I don't know why I feel like this, this has never happened to me before and I really don't have time for this distraction. I'm normally completely focused on becoming the next boss but instead I'm completely focused on Aspen. I don't know how I'm going to last any longer without seeing her, without knowing more about her. I could always get someone to look into her since I know her first and last name along with her place of employment but I don't want to cheat my way into loving her, I want to actually work for it and get to know her the real way. I've never wanted to know anyone before, life has always been about the mafia and only the mafia but right now my life is about Aspen and only Aspen.