24-Relief

Aspen's POV
I put my hand over his as I spoke gently to him. "You had no way of knowing the terrible things that man would do. He's a horrible person, but from what I've heard he didn't seem like that until tonight." I had only heard the shock when everyone found out it was him, but that was telling in itself. "I can't help but blame myself. He was my best friend and he almost killed my son. And his explanation was the worst part." "What was it, if you don't mind me asking." I was worried immediately that he had told Flynn's whole family about his sexuality and outing someone is never the right thing to do. "He said he didn't approve of Flynn's date, that they weren't a good fit. But he wouldn't explain more than that." I was slightly relieved that he hadn't been outed but also worried that he could still tell Reid or Blaze on the way to his inevitable death. "This wasn't your fault, remember that. You can't control everything that happens and you can't predict the future. But, Ricco, I do have some advice." "Please, anything." "Go home, get some rest. The world still has to turn, it won't stop. You can't let this stop you from going on with the world, you have an empire to run after all. And never, ever, even for a second, blame yourself because that will do nothing but drive you crazy and send you spiraling. I've been there, blaming myself for something completely out of my control, and it truly will not get you anywhere other than lonely and miserable." "Thank you. I'm gonna go home now. Can you make sure one of the boys gets Vera to school in the morning?" "Yeah of course. Come on, I'll walk you to the door." I stood and he started walking with me. He got to the door and kissed my cheek, thanking me again, and then leaving.

I stood in the waiting room for a little while before seeing a man walk in, looking a little lost. He was pretty tall, not as tall as Reid but taller than Flynn. Gorgeous hair, full beard but kept neatly trimmed, dressed nicely. Black slacks, light blue button up with a little blood on it, dress shoes. I walked up to him, putting my friendly nurse smile back on. "Hi sir, can I help you?" "Ye- Yes. I'm looking for a- uh- nurse Blake?" His voice came out rushed and panicky. "That's me." "I need to um- see Flynn." "I know. Come with me." I snuck him upstairs and to Flynn's room, stopping for a second at the door. "Don't be too loud, his little sister is sleeping in there." He nodded and then I opened the door and we walked into the room. His face went soft when he saw him laying in the bed, completely ok. He bent down and hugged him, pulling back for a second, likely out of fear of hurting him, and then going back in when Flynn nodded to let him know it was ok. He pulled back after a minute and Flynn kissed him passionately. When they pulled away he hugged him again quickly, then sat down in the chair next to him.

I checked Flynn's vitals and everything still looked good. I checked on Vera too, making sure she was alright. "Here's your phone. Thanks for letting me steal it." "Yeah, anything for my boyfriend's little brother." He narrowed his eyes at my slight tone of picking fun at him. "I should probably introduce you guys. Aspen, this is Miles. Miles this is Aspen, My oldest brother's girlfriend." Miles extended his hand to shake mine and I excepted it. "I've heard I have you to thank for getting me here so thank you." "Of course." My phone started ringing in my hand. I looked at the screen and saw the name, and immediately relief washed over me a little bit. "It's Reid." "Thank god." Was all Flynn said as I answered the call.

"Hey." "Hey baby." "What's up, where are you guys?" "My house, celebrating. He's dead and neither of us pulled the trigger." "How'd you swing that?" "He fell off a building while trying to run away from us. It was a really tall building." I could tell he was drunk from how he spoke, not the sound of his voice but the words he was saying. "Thank god. No police chases tonight. So, how many shots of whiskey have you had?" "Only like five or seven. I don't really know. Dad came home and we told him what happened and he was happy and then went to sleep so now it's just me and Blaze, and a bottle of whiskey." "Well that sounds like a recipe for disaster." "This is a recipe for fun. How're my little siblings?" "Flynn is recovering well and Vera is asleep." "I should come pick her up. I figured dad would bring her home." "I'll bring her home but for now I need you to put the bottle away and get to bed, ok?" "You're a party pooper. I don't want to do that." "Reid, put the whiskey up and go to bed. Make sure Blaze does the same." "Fine. Blaze! It's bedtime! I gotta go now and sleep, you should come over tonight." "Maybe I will after I drop Vera off at school in the morning." "Ok. I miss you." "I miss you too. I gotta go, ok?" "Okkkk, bye-bye." "Bye-bye Reid." I hung up after that and then turned back to Flynn.

"I've never heard anybody get stern with him and him actually listen. Normal they would be threatened at gun point." "He does whatever I say, he's in love with me." I sat down on the couch gently at the end of Vera's feet. I noticed that Miles was holding Flynn's hand, it seemed almost unfamiliar to the two.