6-Important

Reid's POV
I found out who our father's nurse was and immediately had to find her. "What department did you say the nurse worked in again?" I waited on a response from one of my brothers but got Vera instead. "Nurse Blake works with the kids, that's why she was so good at helping me find you when I got lost." I gave her a kiss on the forehead before going up the stairs to find her. I walked up them and landed in the NICU where all the little babies are, I walked straight through it hoping that I would come across pediatrics next. I heard a door open and shut behind me and was continuing to walk until I heard my name. "Reid!" I turned around and there she was.

She's been on my mind for a month and she's finally standing right in front of me. I just want to kiss her but I'm scared of how she'll react. Nothing has ever really scared me but this isn't the first time she has made me feel a new emotion. I still couldn't read her, her eyes still hiding whatever it was they had been hiding when I first met her. She made me want to leave the mafia and never come back so that all I had to do all day was stare at how beautiful she was. "Aspen, I was looking for you." Her cheeks turned slightly pink but she hid it as she spoke again. "What do you need?" "You." The word fell out of my mouth breathlessly before I could even think about what I was going to say to her, but it was true. I needed Aspen Blake and I needed her to know it. I didn't know anything about her at all but something about her made me want her so bad. All I knew was her name and I was already in love with her.

Aspen's POV
I was shocked by what he said. He needed me? I wasn't anyone special and I definitely shouldn't be important to him in any way at all but he said he needed me. Something inside me knew that I needed him too. We barely knew each other at all but my heart and my brain were on the same page and knew that I needed him even if I didn't really know him. I don't know what came over me but I couldn't think of anything to say to him so I just hugged him and he hugged me back. He wrapped his arms around me so tightly I could barely even breathe but I felt safe. I don't know how to explained it but he made me feel like nothing could hurt me even if I didn't know anything about him. I was on my tiptoes since he was so much taller than me and he was leaning down a little bit, I jumped up a little bit and he picked me up so that my legs were wrapped around his waist. It seemed so natural to be like this, we fit together like puzzle pieces. I pulled my face away from him slightly so we were making eye contact and I melted under his gaze. "I haven't stopped thinking about you for the last month Aspen, you've been killing me." "Reid, I couldn't get you off my mind no matter how hard I tried. I don't know why but for some reason I can't forget you. I barely know you and you're all that's ever on my mind." He leaned in and kissed me gently. I was shocked at first but I kissed him back once I realized what was happening. We finally pulled away and stared at one another for a moment, neither of us willing to end the situation we were faced with.

We had been like that for what felt like forever, hugging and kissing as he held me off the ground, but eventually I heard an announcement over the loud speaker. A trauma coming in, car crash, a family of five, mom, dad, and three kids, meaning I had three new patients. "I have to go but I'll come down to the waiting room as soon as I get these kids settled." He put me down and I reached up and kissed his cheek before running downstairs to welcome the ambulances.

Reid's POV
Aspen ran down the hall and down the stairs to go help and I took the elevator back down to the waiting room. I walked in and sat down with the rest of my family and some of the mafia guys who had shown up while I was gone. "Did you find her?" Flynn asked me the question, pulling me away from my thoughts, I was still thinking about her. "Yeah, she said she would go check on him after she helped with the car crash coming in and then she'd be back down to update us." "What else happened, you were gone for like 20 minutes." "That was it, just took me a while to actually find her." "Whatever you say." I don't know why he was suspicious of me but it did stress me out a little bit that he thought he knew something. I thought about hiding it from them, that me and Aspen had done anything at all, but I knew I couldn't keep her a secret when she was already so important to me.