7-Stable

Aspen's POV
I rushed outside and I could see the ambulance pulling in, there would be 5 in total. The first was a child then the mom then the other two kids and finally the dad. The first kid and the mom were the worst, a truck had hit them on the passenger side where they were sitting so they had gotten the most of the impact and the other kids and the dad had injuries but they weren't as severe. The driver of the truck had no severe injuries, possible concussion but they decided to take him to a hospital further out so they didn't overload us. The first ambulance pulled in and they had to take the child to the OR for surgery immediately, it was a little girl, she had glass all in her face and the seatbelt had caused a small cut in her throat that needed stitches. Next came the mom, she was rushed into another OR with glass in almost her whole body as well as a large gash in her upper thigh. Next came a little boy, he had been in the very back on the driver's side, possible concussion and a broken arm but no need for surgery. I went inside with him and set him up in a room, he would need to get and MRI on his head and a cast but that would come later on since it wasn't as severe. The third child was a teenage girl. She was in the middle on the driver's side and also had a probable concussion, a broken foot, and a small cut in her left arm from the glass but again nothing too severe so she was put into the room next to her brother. The dad was brought in last, he was sent to the OR to get a shard of glass removed from his head but other than that there appeared to be no other major injuries, just minor scrapes and bruises.

I got the little boy settled in his room, his name was Marcus. I put his arm in a sling and made sure to turn off all the lights but I made sure he was upright so he wouldn't fall asleep before we determined if he had a concussion or not. I sent a CNA into his room to sit with him until they took him for the MRI before going into the teen girls room to check on her. "Hi, I'm nurse Blake. What's your name?" "I'm Marley, how is everyone else?" "I'm not going to lie to you, the only one not in surgery is Marcus but everyone else is looking good and they are stable as they go through surgery. I'll make sure to update you on everything that happens, if I know anything so will you." "Thank you." I bandaged the cut on her arm and propped her foot up on a pillow. I called one of the CNAs in to sit with her too, she needed and MRI before she could sleep too. "This is my friend Nat. She's a CNA and she's gonna sit in here with you until they can take you back for the MRI. I'll be back soon, do you need anything else?" "No, but I'll make sure to let you know if I do. Thank you again nurse Blake." I nodded at her before leaving the room. I checked on my other patients and then went to ask about Reid's dad.

I walked back downstairs to give Reid and his family an update. I saw all the other people that had joined them since I was here last and was a little intimidated, there were probably 10 more guys in suits sitting there waiting with Reid. I took a deep breath before walking up to them. "Hey." "How is he?" "He's out of surgery but he isn't allowed to have visitors yet. He needs a lot of rest so until he naturally wakes up they won't let anyone back there and when he is awake only three people can go in at a time. He is in stable condition but it is going to take a while for him to heal." Reid stood up and walked toward me, I didn't know what he was going to do. He grabbed my hand and pulled me a little farther away from everybody so we were out of earshot.

"Who are all those men?" "Family friends, my dad knows a lot of people, a lot of those guys look up to him. But there is a reason I pulled you away from everybody." "Ok, what's up?" He breathed deeply before replying. "What time do you get off tonight?" I looked down at my watch to see how much longer I was scheduled to be here. "I've got nine more hours till my shift is over, halfway through. Why?" "Come home with me tonight, I haven't been able to sleep really good for about a month because someone has been filling my mind." I rolled my eyes at him before nodding my head in agreement. "Ok, but only because my head has been filled by someone lately too." "Text me when you get off. I'll get everybody to go home and get some sleep soon, now that they know dad is gonna be ok I can probably convince them to get out of here." "I'll come down and update you if anything changes, and I'll text you as soon as I clock out." "I can't wait." He reached down and kissed me, I was surprised considering everyone that was important in his life could see us and I didn't think I was that important to him yet, but I kissed him back. He finally pulled back and started to walk away. "See you later Aspen." I nodded and walked back upstairs.