21-Hospital

Aspen's POV
The hospital was busy, it normally was. But the past 6 months I've made it my mission to always be here and hope it would be busy. I can't get him out of my head no matter how hard I try. I started taking shifts for people in other sections of the hospital just to be here, so today I'm working with adults. They come in on the ambulances, I take their cases, I take care of them. I have to do something or else all I think about is how much I miss Reid and want to go back to him. How much I miss him and love him, because I still do and I don't think it'll ever go away.

"Blake!" The charge nurse yelled and snapped me back to reality. "Sorry." "Early 20s, male, gsw to the upper right bicep and femur. They don't think it nicked any arteries but they want him in OR 2 as soon as he's here." "Copy that." The ambulance pulled into the bay moments later. As they started to take the man out, they repeated what the charge nurse had just told me. When I could see his face I almost froze, panicking slightly. "Flynn, fucking shit!" I started pushing the stretcher with the paramedics guiding them to the OR. "Hey Aspen. It's been a while." "Stop talking, I'm your nurse so you can tell me when you get out of surgery. Anybody else take any hits?" I was asking about Reid without saying it, but we both knew that. "He's fine. You should talk to him though, I've never seen him hide in his room like that in my life. And I've known the guy for almost 24 years." He finished the sentence and the OR nurses took him away. After a moment they returned the stretcher and the paramedics left.

I walked back to the desk and the charge nurse was waiting. "I need you to notify the family. I know I normally do but there's two more ambulances on the way so I can't right now. I nodded at her but wished I hadn't because now I have to call Reid and I don't have any idea what to say. I started to pick up the hospital phone but I decided to call him from my phone instead. It rang three times before Reid picked up. "Hi." "Hey." There was a long pause. "Listen, I- We need to talk." "I know we do but right now there's more pressing matters. Flynn is here, in the hospital. He's been shot twice, he's in surgery right now. He should be ok but you should get down here." "I'm on my way." He hung up after that and I started to pace back and forth. All my other patients were taken care of, no incoming for me right now. So I went to the waiting room and waited on Reid to get there.

When he walked in the door I lost my breath. He looked as good as always and walked with so much power in my direction. "How is he?" "He's still in surgery but things are looking good for now." Blaze, Vera, and Ricco all sat down in some chairs a few feet away. I spoke first, he looked so much different than before yet the same. "Do you think we could talk now? I know it's not the best time." "Yeah, I'd really like that." I walked, motioning him to follow. We walked to the cafeteria where I got us both coffee and then we sat down at a table, facing each other. "I'm so sorry. I should've told you from the beginning, and we probably wouldn't have ever happened but it would have hurt less. I just want you to know that the two months we spent together, the three that we knew each other, those were the best of my life. And I wish things were different." "Don't apologize for not telling me. We didn't do much talking before that first kiss. It was the best time of my life too, I've never experienced anything like that. And I'm the one who should apologizing. I told you I needed a little time and it's been 6 months since that conversation." "I want you to know that even though you don't want this, I will never forget the time we spent together and I will never regret it either." "That's actually what I wanted to talk to you about. I think I might want this, us. I-" Before I could finish my sentence my pager went off. "I gotta go, Flynn's out of surgery, I will come find you later." "Yeah." I kissed his cheek as I sped to Flynn's room.

I got in and made sure all his vital signs were good and he was comfortable. "Is there anything else?" "I need to talk to Reid, if you can get him up here. I know you snuck him in for dad and I have to talk to him." "Ok, but I can't leave the room for you to talk. I have to cover for him if he's in here during non-visitor hours." "Fine, just please get him up here fast." I nodded and then walked downstairs and motioned Reid over. "How is he?" "He's good. Nothing major was hit, he'll make a full recovery. He needs to talk to you though, insisted I bring you up asap." "Let's go." I nodded and then walked him upstairs. When we got into the room, I closed the door behind us and waited for Flynn to talk about his urgent matter.