You should probably leave

Lucy rolled over in bed, still half asleep she cuddled up against the body beside her.
That's when she properly woke up. She lifted her head and looked right at the man beside her.
He didn't leave.
He always left after they both layed beside each other, satisfied and exhausted.

Sun on your skin, 6 a.m and I been watchin' you sleep.

Lucy sat up and watched Tim sleep. He hasn't slept over for months. The last time was before he got in all that trouble with Ray and broke up with her. He looked older, as if the last months tired him out.
What gave him the rigth to fall asleep beside her? Lucy wanted to shake him awake and yell at him, tell him to leave and never come back.
But she just couldn't do it. She missed him, and this little time they spend together made her feel a lot better about everything that was going on. All though she knew it was just sex, they were not ready for their relationship to be on fullterm again. She couldn't forgive him yet. And he wasn't ready to tell her everything about him.

And honey, Im so afraid you're gonna wake up and say that you should probably leave.

"Tim. Tim wake up." She gently placed a hand on his shoulder. The next moment he shot up and grabbed the gun from the bedside table. "Wow wow, Tim it's okay." Lucy was shocked, she never saw him react that way. He usually was a light sleeper, definitely not one that would grab a weapon after being woken up.
Tim looked around before placing the gun down and looking at her, "Are you alrright?"
Lucy nodded, "What about you?"
Tim nodded and pulled his shirt over his head. "Yeah I am good."
"Tim..."
"I know Luce, I need to talk it out." He looked at her, "But not now, Okay? Tonight, if you want me to come by?"
"Maybe. I'll text you."
Tim nodded and got up, throwing on his pants and pulling his phone from the charger.

'Cause I know you and you know me and we both know where this is gonna lead.

"We also uhm we should talk about this- us."
"What is there to talk about?" Lucy asked, curious at what he meant by that. Was he ready to ler her back in? Or did he decide to break things off for good now?
"I know that we have this going on for a while now and I don't want to make you feel like I use you just for sex a- and I- you know that I still love you more than anything. But I am not ready yet-"
"wow wow wait a second, you can't say that to me and the next thing you tell me is that you're not ready yet."
"Please Luce, let me finish. I uhm I'm not ready yet that's right. I'm not ready to go into full mode relationship, I still have my issues and it wouldn't be fair to you."
"What do you want than?" Lucy asked, pulling a shirt on herself.
"Can we talk tonight? Please? I promise I wont push you away, I just I want to do it right."
Lucy watched him for a second, "okay."

I want you to stay but you'll probably say that you should probably leave.

"I uhm I should probably leave. My shift starts soon."
Lucy just nodded. She still loved him as well. And she was proud of him to work on himself. They had some things to go through for sure, Lucy needed to learn to trust him again first. They needed to put some work on their relationship. But in the end Lucy felt sure that they would be okay. And she couldn't wait to wake up beside him for the rest of her life.

_________________
Little lyrics with one of my favourite songs.