First steps

Lucy loved quite evenings like these. Where she could sit in the garden and enjoy the last sunbeams of the day. She reached to her left and scratched Kojos head while she took benefit from the quiet.
„Lucy! Boot! get in here, now!" Lucy sight. Forget the quiet. Her husband had other ideas.
"I'm coming" she answered and stood up, which got progressively harder with a baby bump in the way. She slowly made her way inside, Kojo at her heels.
"What is it, Tim?" she asked, a hand at her belly.
Her husband grinned at her, "You need to see what Fei just did" he took her hand and dragged her to the kitchen where their almost one year old daughter sat with a bag of cereals.
"Tim, we talked about her cereal addiction"
"I know, but I had to reward her with something"
"Reward her? Like a dog?"
"Kojo turned out pretty decent" he shrugged.
Still grinning, Tim took the cereals from Fei, on which she responded with screaming. Fei had her own mind, and she definitely didn't liked people taking her food away.
"I know, I know little boot, you get them back." He walked a few feet away from Fei and crouched down.
"Come to daddy and the delicious cereals, come on little boot"
Lucy watched the interaction with a smile.
Tim was a great father, always so gentle and he loved to spoil his daughter. Just yesterday she had to stop him from buying a mini police car for Fei. Still he got her a stuffed police dog which she could add to her dozens of other stuffed animals.
Lucy watched their daughter get into the crawl position, but to Lucys surprise, Fei didn't started crawling. Instead she supported herself on the ground and stood up.
"Oh my god. Tim she is standing, she stands on her own two little feet." Lucy almost couldn't contain her surprise.
"Shhh Baby, don't distract her" Tim grinned at his daughter and showed her the cereals, "Come on Fei, come to daddy"
Fei screamed at her father and took a step forward. Lucy was amazed to watch her daughter walk, she could feel the tears burning in her eyes. Fei grew up way too fast. First she had her first laugh, than she started crawling and now she walked.
Fei clumsily walked to her father, arms held high for the cereal bag. Tim happily laughed and scooped her up. "Did you see? She walked! Baby she walk- Ouh your crying" With two steps he was at her side, putting an arm around his wife and giving her a kiss on the head. Lucy smiled through her tears and took Fei from him.
"She's growing up so fast Tim, why did nobody warn us?" Lucy kissed Fei's head.
"Because our friends are traitors", he smiled at his two girls, "but there will be so many more first times in her lives, and we have our littlest boot on the way, so we get too see it twice." Lucy laughed and gave her daughter the cereals.
"Littlest boot? That's the nickname you're going with?" Lucy shed some more tears, the whole moment was just way too cute for her.
Tim shrugged and soothed her back, "Well yeah, you're the original boot, Fei the little boot and Rob or Aaron will be the littlest boot of the family." He explained.
Lucy had to laugh, "Uhu, I'm telling you again, we are not going to name our son after Rams players."
"I thought you wouldn't recognise it" Tim said defeated.
"Ouh please you're talking my ear off about your sport teams." Lucy gave him a peek on the cheek, handing him Fei over, her back wasn't in the game this far in her pregnancy.
"Well, sooner or later we need to settle for a name. You know how long it took for us to settle for Fei." Tim said while watching his daughter eat her cereals, he slowly took the bag away while Fei was distracted.
"We will, don't worry." Lucy whipped her tears away and put the bag back into the cabinet.
"Hey, you wanna see her original first steps?" Tim asked, pointing to his phone on the counter.
"Aww you recorded it?" Lucy shrieked, taking his phone.
"Nice test, we both know I would have to take the couch if I didn't." He smiled snuggling his daughter. Fei proud presented him her full mouth, on which he acted amazed.
"You would have, yeah" Lucy opened the recording and watched her daughters first steps.
Again and again, later Tim joined her and they spend their evening laughing and talking about Fei's first steps.