Theodore Tim Bradford

Lucy was exhausted. Giving birth the second time wasn't any easier. She was thankful for the little sleeping bundle in her arms and for her husband who did a great job on sushi duty, preparing the food for her.
"Looks like he finally gave you a break huh?" Tim smiled, carefully opening a container of sushi and handing it to Lucy. "Wanna switch? Baby roll for sushi roll?"
Lucy laughed softly, "You really have to work on those lines."
"Definitely, I don't even know why that came out of my mouth." Tim took Theo from her, smiling down at his son, "Now let your mommy eat littlest boot."
"Ouh gosh your serious about that nickname." Lucy stated between bites.
"Absolutely, boot"
Lucy watched Tim adoring his son, her thoughts wandered to their own folks. Tims mom was long dead, even before she knew him, and his dad passed before their wedding. Her own parents though were still alive. She thought that her parents would approve of her relationship with Tim. He was a good man, he was handsome, wanted to marry and start a family. But in her parents eyes his job shadowed everything good about him. Lucy remembers too well the night she decided to introduce Tim to her parents. It was a disaster, Tim and her had waited in a restaurant sitting close and planning their next hike when her parents walked in. The moment they laid eyes on Tim and recognised him from the station, they did nothing but judge the relationship. Lucy's mother accused her of sleeping with her boss to get to the top. On that comment Lucy just lost it, she was about to stand up and tell her mother what she thought. But Tim was much quicker, within seconds he stood up and stared at the Chens. He quietly told her parents to go to hell, before making room for Lucy to get up. She thankfully took his hand and walked away, not looking back. She was done with her parents.
Since that night she hadn't seen one of them. Not on her promotion to Detective, not on their wedding, not on Feis birth or first birthday. Lucy was glad that she still was in contact with her Nana. Her Nana adored Tim and Fei, and she promised to come by to see Theo.
"What's on your mind, beautiful?"
Lucy looked up at Tim, worry in his face.
"Just our parents... I just can't believe how they couldn't love their own children. I mean look at Theo and Fei, I could never not love them. No matter what, they are my babies..."
"Hey Luce listen" Tim sat down next to her, taking her hand "You have every right to be upset about your parents actions. And hell, it's messed up that they don't seem to care about their grandchildren. You're a great human being, a great wife, and hell of a mom. You're incredible. So I'm sorry that your parents couldn't support you." He gave her a quick kiss on the cheek, "Just know that there are a lot people out there that love you."
Lucy sniffled and leaned her head against his shoulder. "Damn hormones."
Tim chuckled softly, "Hormones or feeling, don't care. They matter."
Lucy looked up at him, "I can't believe that you were ever worried to be like your father. I love you so much. Every time I see you with the kids or your nephews or our friends. You're the best man I ever knew."
"Thanks baby" Tim replied, "That means a lot."
Lucy raked her chin and kissed Tim.

Tim went to the cafeteria to get another snack for Lucy, when he heard a familiar voice calling for him. He turned around and saw Lucys Nana walking up to him. On her side was Lucys aunt. Tim smiled and hurried getting the snacks from the vending machine.
"Hey Nana, Amy" he said, giving Lucys Nana a hug and shaking Amy's hand.
"How is the boy Timothy?" Nana asked, a big smile on the face.
Tim didn't liked his full name, only a few people were allowed to use it, and Lucys Nana was one of them.
"Ouh he's good. Excited to meet everyone." He lead the way back to Lucy's room.
"And how is Lucy?" Amy asked him, slightly smiling at the few snacks Tim held in his arms.
"Good and very hungry. She's a bit exhausted, but that woman just won't listen."
"That's why she can put up with you. It's the Chen gens. We are proud woman, dear."
"Ouh I know Nana, and I love it." He gave her a quick smile, before opening the door to Lucy's room. "I brought guests baby."
"Nana, Amy", Lucy smiled, forgetting the food in front of her. "I thought you were coming by tomorrow"
"Yeah, but I couldn't wait to see the little boy." Nana said, kissing Lucy's cheek, before making room for Amy to hug Lucy.
"You feeling good?" Amy asked.
"Yes, just a bit tired." Lucy answered, taking the snacks from Tim. "Thanks babe"
"So where is the boy?" Nana asked, looking around the room.
Tim made his way over to a little crib, gently lifting Theo up. "Nana, Amy. Meet Theodore Tim Bradford- and before you say something. Lucy insisted on his middle name."
"I pushed him out. It's only fair."
Nana let down her purse, before taking Theo from Tims arms. "He is gorgeous. Look at him Amy, his little face."
"He has your eyes Lucy" Amy said, smiling up at her.
"And Tims lips, Ouh that boy is gonna break some hearts." Nana added.
Tim let out a little laugh, "we're gonna teach him the right way to handle a relationship being that handsome."
Lucy grinned at him, "having experience Mr. Bradford?"
"Ouh so many, I've got a pretty gorgeous wife." Tim replied, sitting down next to Lucy.
"You two keep flirting, we have to do a baby foto shooting." Amy said reaching for her phone, "mom hold him up a bit, smile. Perfect"
Tim gave Lucy a kiss on the head, "they're right. He is bloody handsome."
Lucy winked playfully, "good gens."
"When can we have our next one boot?"
"When you start getting better nicknames." Lucy laughed, "I mean what will you call the third child?"
Tim thought about it. His boot nicknames where already taken. He had to get creative. "Maybe little sergeant."
"Ouh no, that's so bad."
"You have no saying in that Ms. Bradford. But unfortunately you're right. I'm gonna think about it."
Lucy smiled, leaning against his torso, "good, because I don't think we're done."
Tim smiled, playing with her hand in his, "thank you so much Luce. Thank you so much for giving me the joy of being a father."
Lucy squeezed his hand, "I love you"
"I love you too."