Ashley

She often thought of calling him, but every time she decided against it. It would only open old wounds and he would never retire, not for her.
Ashley never thought she would see him again, the first time after the breakup, at the beach.
THE BEACH.
He always had an excuse for going to the beach, she knew he hated it.
Still there he was, holding a coffee in his one hand in the other Kojos leash, only dressed in sport shorts, sunglasses and sneakers. He looked good, all tanned and sporty, Ashley thought of approaching him. But settled on standing put, she can't go back to him.
Her decision though, didn't stop her from watching him from afar.
He seemed like he was watching something or someone.
Ashley tried to follow his gaze, but she couldn't catch a familiar face. Not until Kojo started barking towards the food stands.
Ashley turned around just in time to see an excited Lucy Chen running towards Kojo and Tim. Of course he was out with her, they never seem to be apart from each other.
If Tim was there, Lucy was nearby.
She watched Lucy fall to her knees and pet an overly excited Kojo.
"You always ruffle him up Luce" Tim complained, but with a smile on his face.
"I can't resist, he's my favorite boy" Lucy replied towards her furry baby.
Tim threw his arms in disbelief, looking down at his dog. "You alway have to steal my girls, have you?"
Lucy laughed and stood up, "don't worry. You're second place."
"Only second huh?" Tim took a sip from his coffee.
"We should really watch your coffee consume, that's like your third coffee today and it's not even midday."
"Shut up" Tim said.
And to Ashley's disbelief, he leaned forward and pulled Lucy in for a kiss.
She couldn't stop watching her ex, kiss his 'best friend'. He never kissed her like this, pouring all the feelings and desires in it.
Tim gave her a last peek before sipping at his coffee again, "am I still only number two?"
Lucy blinked a few times, "you're such a jerk" she laughed, hitting his arm playfully, "but, I have to say you maybe climbed the ladder to number one. But you have to share with Kojo."
"Deal" Tim grinned, "now can we please start this whole workout session? After all it was your idea, and I can't wait to get you out of these leggings."
Lucy grinned at him, "as much as I would enjoy that, we can't."
"What? Why?" Tim said, disappointed.
"I told Genny we would swing by and watch the kids"
"Why would you do that? I ignored her calls for a reason."
"Tim! You can't ignore her on purpose. Your sister wants to go out on a date and you're gonna be a helping hand watching your nephews."
Tim groaned, "fine, but I'm so gonna cancel the basketball game and we're gonna have some naked time tonight."
"You want to cancel basketball? You love basketball."
"I'm definitely loving naked time more."
Ashley could see Lucy biting her lip, "well I do too.", Lucy said, putting her hands on his bare chest. "How about I'm coming with you to watch you play basketball and we can go home after?"
Tim grinned, "you wanna make Emmet jealous?"
Lucy laughed, "Emmet who? I want to watch my sexy as hell boyfriend play some basketball"
Tim kissed her again, "It's a date"
Ashley watched the couple share one more kiss before they started jogging down the beach.
There were always a special connection, so Tim dating Lucy shouldn't surprise her that much. Maybe it wasn't the fact that they dated, it was more the fact how Tim loved her. He was openly affectionate, and sweeter that she had ever seen him.
Ashley let out a little laugh, shaking her head.
It has always been Lucy.