Sleepy mornings

Lucy knew that Tim was tired the moment he stepped into their house. He had glazy eyes and his hair stood up in every direction.
"Hey babe, you good?" She asked him, standing up with Leighton, from where she was enjoying the quiet house in the early morning. 
"Yeah yeah, just exhausted. We caught the suspect but he put on hell of a figth and we waited the whole night." He complained, yawning while taking off his shoes.
"You want to lay down till the kids get all crazy?" She asked, giving him a chased kiss.
Tim nodded, "I should est something first though. I havent eaten since our lunch yesterday."
Lucy winced and rubbed his arm, "go sit down on the couch, I'll make you a sandwich."
"Thanks baby" Tim placed his hand at her neck and gave her another kiss. "I'll take this little angle with me." Leighton smiled up at her father and made the grabby hands.
Lucy laughed and gave him their baby before walking into the kitchen to prepare some food for him.
She plated his sandwich with a side of apple slices and a protein bar. Lucy also picked up a water bottle before walking back into the living area.
"We are out of bacon so I put you some ham on i-" Lucy went dead quiet seeing as Tim was literally curled up on the couch with Leighton, sleeping. She smiled to herself and placed the plate on the TV table. She grabbed a blanket and threw it over him, careful to not wake him up.
"I love you." She whispered before kissing his cheek and than Leightons head.

An hour later the kids started to wake up. Lucy uttered them to be quiet and lead them directly into the kitchen to make some breakfast.
"Why is daddy not sleeping in your bed?" Theo asked, shoveling cereal into his mouth.
"Did you fight? Are you getting a divorce?" Fei asked, standing up on her stool.
"No no no, guys seatle down please. He just came back home an hour ago and fell asleep on the couch."
"Ouh- alright." Fei sat back down and resumed eating.
"What is a divorce?" Finnegan asked.
Lucy sighed, "its when two married people, like me and your dad, decide that it's not worth it anymore and so they end their marriage and part their ways."
"That sounds like bullshit." Finnegan answered.
"Where did you learn that language?" Lucy asked him, sipping her coffee.
"Smitty." Finnegan grinned at her and thanked at his siblings. "He also told me about his van. I'm gonna live in a van someday."
Lucy silently prayed for that to not happen. "Well we dont say words like that, yeah?"
"Only if I can have some candy"
"Finnegan. No candy and no such words. Now finish your breakfast and than we go outside so your dad can catch some more hours yeah?"
"Okay"

After Lucy cleaned up she took a look at Tim and Leighton.
Lately he was exhausted more often. It didnt surprise her with his kidney problems,a fulltime job and five kids, a baby included. Anyways she was worried, so she checked his temperature, just to make sure that he wouldnt catch a fever. After that she carefully took a fussing Leighton from his arms and joined her kids outside.
A few moments later she aw Tim yawn his way outside "What are you all up too?"
She looked up and smiled at her husband, "you look like you could use some more sleep baby."
"And miss sandcastle time?" Tim grunted whilst sitting down beside her, on their outdoor couch.
"Well we have to be the jury, so it's pretty important."
"Daddy!" Fei came crushing into him. Tim laughed and held her close.
"Hey there my little boots, you all good?"
"Yep, my sandcastle is going to be an empire!" Matthew laughed, too occupied with his shovel.
Finnegan just nodded and Theo brought over Leighton. "There you go Leighton, stay with mommy and daddy. I am at the swings."
"Ouh I'll come with you." Fei hurried and stood up, almost crashing her elbow into Tims nose.
Lucy laughed, "chaos huh?"
"I love it though." Tim took Leighton from her and laid back down, the baby on his chest.
"Youre going to take another nap?"
"Probably" he smiled, "gosh I could sleep the whole day."
"Sounds perfect actually."
Tim just hummed, already closing his eyes. Lucy smirked and stroked his hair while watching the others. "Do you want something to eat first?"
"Later, but thanks... how about we go out for dinner tonight? Take the kids with us."
"Sounds great baby."
Not a minute later she heard his soft snores coming from beside her. Lucy chuckled and tried to silently entertain an annoying looking Leighton.