Thalia Bishop back in LA

Thalia hadn't had any contact to her friends from Midwildshire since she moved. Which was a little more that 7 years now. So she was nervous to walk in there. All though she missed making jokes with Angela and Tim, she even missed to be barked at by the grumpy officer. Or to listen to John Nolans looong story's.
Thalia pushed the glass door to the station open and walked in. She looked around and noticed that nothing really had changed. She hoped the people haven't either.
"Thalia?" A good known voice called out. She turned to her right and was face to face with a smiling Nolan.
"Hey Nolan" she said, looking him up and down, "Young as back in the old days huh?"
Nolan laughed at her little joke, "What are you doing here? It has been ages."
"It has, yeah. I'm here for a case. I need to talk to Grey."
"Ouh he's on a trip with his wife actually. But Lucy is in the big office for today."
"Lucy? Tim's rookie?" She asked slightly shocked.
"Yep, that Lucy."
Thalia nodded, wondering if Tim's rookie climbed the carrier ladder before him.
"Okay thanks, I will talk to her then."
"Hey Uhm if you're not to busy, we wanted to come together for dinner tonight, you can join us."
"Thanks Nolan. I'll think about it."
"Good, you have my number" with a last grin, Nolan disappeared and Thalia made her way through the bull pen. She recognised some of the officers from the old days, but most of them were new.
"Bishop, is that you?" A female voice snapped Thalia to pay attention. She looked around and found Angela, to her shock pregnant.
"Ouh my god. Who knocked you up?" Was the first thing Thalia asked her old friend.
Angela laughed and walked towards her. "My husband, the third time."
"The third? Damn girl, you've been busy huh?"
"Kinda, what are you doing here?"
"Open case, Nolan told me that Lucy is in the big office today."
"She is" Angela said, leading the way. "So how about we grab an non alcoholic drink and catch up?" She asked while walking.
"I would love to. Nolan just invited me over for tonight. Said that you all would come together for dinner."
"That's right. It's hard these days to have friends. Everyone has little kids or a busy work schedule. We planned this evening for three months."
Thalia laughed, "you're bringing your kids?"
"I do yeah. Jackson and Anna literally threatened us with cutting our hair while we sleep, If we wouldn't take them with us to see their uncles, aunts and cousins. So we're going with the safest option"
"Jackson and Anna huh? Pretty names."
"They're angels, well sometimes. I tell you they spend way too much time with Tim."
"He's out on patrol?" Thalia asked.
"No, he's at his office, paperwork. There we are. See you tonight?" Angela asked.
Thalia nodded, "hopefully." She watched Angela walk off and wondered what she meant with Tim being in his office.
She decided to let it go for now and focus on her work. So she knocked on Greys office door and went in. Lucy sat behind the desk, looking up.
"Thalia? Hey" she smiled, all shining.
"Lucy hey. You haven't changed a bit have you."
Lucy laughed, "not really no, how are you? Sit down please"
"Ouh I'm good, thanks. What about you?"
"All perfect" Lucy grinned, "how can I help you?"
Thalia discussed her case with Lucy, she was impressed how natural Lucy handled this position. Asking the right questions and tipping everything down for Grey. She assumed it was not her first time in the big office.

"Well I will pass that down to Grey, he will call you about it."
"Thanks Lucy."
"No problem at all."
Before Thalia could say something else, the office door opened an two toddlers came running into the room.
"Moooommyyyy, Theo stole my ball." Said the little girl with two cute braids.
"Nooooo, my ball" said the boy with blond hair.
"Dad bought it for me Theo!"
"Did not, Daddy said, Theo AND Fei." Theo made his point clear by shouting the 'and', hugging the baseball close to his chest.
The kids started shouting, till Lucy whistled and gained there attention. "Theo, Fei. Stop shouting. Where is your father?"
Fei shrugged, "lost him" Theo said.
"You two need a leash." Lucy said, slightly smiling. "You two can share a ball. It's better to play together, much more fun."
"But-"
"No but young lady. Share with your brother. And Theo you stop the stealing."
The two toddlers nodded, Lucy smiled at Thalia, "I'm sorry, they don't really get the whole Mommy is working thing."
"No problem, I didn't knew that you had children." Thalia said slightly smiling and watching the kids.
"Yep, those two angels- well soon hopefully four. We're trying to adopt twins from New York. My old friend set us up to the idea."
Thalia, once again, tried to say something but was interrupted by the office-door for the second time.
"Don't be mad, I lost the- Boots! There you are."
Thalia turned around, shocked. There stood Tim Bradford, all in dad mood. He had a bag over his shoulder and glared at the kids. Not seeming to notice Thalia.
"Theodore Timothy Bradford" he said looking at the boy before turning to the girl "Felicity Angela Bradford. You dare to run away one more time and I swear, no Ice cream for a whole month."
"Swearing bad daddy." The boy said, smiling sweetly at his father. Thalia could see Tim soften immediately.
"No, nope. I'm mad, stop giving me the puppy eyes." He finally looked up, "sorry Baby I- Bishop?"
"Hey Bradford." Thalia answered, smirking. "Never thought I get to see this, can I take a picture?"
To Thalias surprise Tim actually laughed, "there are tons of pictures of me in this uniform" he nodded towards Lucy, "Thanks to my wife"
"I told you, you look good" Lucy smirked, Fei made a throwing up sound. On which Theo had to chuckle.
"Okay you little boots, out of here. mommy has to work. I'll give each of you a dessert if you annoy your Aunt Angela."
The two toddlers grinned at each other before sprinting out of the office. Tim closed the door. "We need a leash, or a chip implant."
Lucy laughed, "My words"
"So wait" Thalia interrupted, "Just to get this right, you Mr. Follow the rules, MARRIED your Rookie?"
Tim rolled his eyes, "shocking, I know."
"How did that happen?"
Tim shrugged, "Couldn't resist. Hey listen, tonight is a dinner at Nolan's you can come by and I assure you our friends are happy to tell you the whole Lucy and Tim story."
Lucy agreed with a nod.
"Yeah now I will definitely be there." Thalia said.
"Good. I have to go, the little boots are hungry and my break doesn't last the whole day." He looked at Lucy, "You sure you can't put in a break?"
"Sorry babe, it's a mess in here. But-"
Tim interrupted her, "Yes, I will bring you your veggie burger with extra pickles and fries."
Lucy smiled at him lovingly, they both seemed to have forgotten Thalia. "You're the best."
"I know that's why you married me." Tim simply said.
"TIMOTHY! GET YOUR LITTLE ONES!" Came the shout from the Bullpen.
"I better go."
"Tim. Don't forget the appointment later, we have to be on time." Lucy said. Thalias detective instinct noticed that the woman actually sounded nervous.
"I would never." Tim quickly came around the desk and kissed his wife goodbye, before following his kids out the door.

Nolan opened the door for Thalia, "Hey, glad you made it." He said, stepping to the side.
"Thanks. I couldn't turn the offer down."
"Come on in. We have plenty of food and music and Ouh I might warn you the lady's already had a bit more to drink."
Thalia laughed walking into Nolan's home, she looked around the open concept and immediately saw her old friends chatting and laughing and running after little kids and a dog.
"Theodore set that beer bottle down, you're four." An anxious Angela said, picking the small boy up. She's the first to notice Thalia.
"Thalia hey, glad you're here. Could you hold him real quick? I have to pee. Stupid pregnancy." She said before giving her little Bradford and running off.
"Hey" Theodore simply said, looking bored.
"Hey little man. You're a prisonbreaker or why do you have to be carried?" She asked him amused.
"He is, just like his sister and cousin Jackson." Tim said, saving her from sticky little hands. He settled Theo against his hip and gave him a pack apple juice. "Here you go buddy, stick with this liquid." He looked back up at Thalia, "Let's go, you need to meet the new ones."
"I think I already need to get to know you again. You've changed so much."
"I know. Thanks to my family." He said, smiling and ruffling Theos hair.
"You're all happy huh?" She asked
"Ouh not all the time. At work he's still grumpy and scary and all" Nolan chipped in.
"That's my job" Tim glared at Nolan, giving him his authority voice.
"Sure Sergeant" he said before leading the way towards the group, Thalia and Tim on his heels.
"Guys, look who made it" Nolan announced, the next second Thalia found herself in hugs and introductions.
She got introduced to Aaron, Celina, Nyla, James and of course the kids.
"And to whom belongs the little fur ball?" She asked, pointing at Kojo who stole a slice of pizza.
"Kojo!" Tim sighed, "We have to watch your Cholesterol you old man"
The group started laughing and Lucy patted her husbands arm. "He's a sensible dog. I have to get up late at night so you can sleep."
"And I appreciate it Babe" Lucy responded.

The night was fun and Thalia realised she really did miss her friends from LA. She had a nice talk with Grey and his wife and made fun with Angela. She had a heated discussion with Wesley and little Anna who decided, she's going to be a lawyer like her father. She watched the kids play football with Tim and James, and listened to Nolan and Baileys crazy storys.
It got late and the parents demanded to settle their kids down in another room, to have some adult time.
While Tim, Wesley and Nyla made sure the kids got to sleep, Lucy took a call in the garden.
Thalia was in a conversation with Angela, later Nyla and Tim joined them.
Suddenly Lucy came running into the living space, "Tim, Tim, TIM!" She almost shouted, breathing heavily.
"What is it?" He asked, alarmed and ready to get to the kids, just like everyone else.
Lucy started tearing up, "We got the okay" she simply said. As if that would answer the question everyone was asking. But Tim seemed to understand, he released a breath before embracing his wife in a big hug. He looked damn near the tears as well.
"Someone wants to take us in?" Angela asked, rubbing her belly.
Lucy tried to talk but only sobs came out.
"Remember Rachel setting us up with those twins from the orphanage in New York?"
Everyone nodded, besides Thalia.
"Well, we got cleared to adopt them." He announced grinning like a bear.
Angela let out a little scream before waddling to her two friends and hugging them.
Tim and Lucy got a lot of 'congratulations' and happy smiling faces.
"How old are they again? And what's their names?" James asked excited.
"They're almost five. And their names are Finnegan and Matthew, yes their mother was from England." Lucy answered, still wiping at her tears.
"Poor Felicity." Grey commented dead serious, "three little brothers and no sister?"
Lucy shrugged, wiping her nose on Tims shirt, "she has Tamara."
Tim laughed, "For now, she can handle it. Have you seen her? She's a bossy little girl. She will have them under control in no time."
Thalia knew that that was right, she talked to the little girl for like five minutes and she knew that she was the boss.
Thalia Bishop was happy for her old friends, almost sad to leave again. But she promised to try visiting more often.