6x05

"Lucy, we got the camera material." Angela announced walking into Greys office. With Lucy were Nyla, Grey, Nolan and Celina.
Grey gestured for Angela to put in the video and they all watched Tim exit the station and walking towards his truck. He sat in the truck for a while before driving out of the restricted area.
"One hour before this was filmed the camera didn't record and the moment he drives near the control point the camera goes black as well. The next video we have is his car driving to the right." Angela explained.
"But my apartment is on the other side of that road. He should have turned left."
"Did you want to meet up?" Nolan asked. "I mean maybe he forgot and drove home."
"No no we practically live together. He told me he would come home after he finished his paperwork." Lucy tried to see through Tim, tried to see something in his demeanour that would explain something. But she couldn't tell anything. He looked exhausted but kinda happy. "Did someone drove by his house?" She asked into the room.
"Yeah I send Jan and Smitty but the house was empty, bed not touched." Angela answered.
"Did we find anything in his car?"
"Burned clothes and his wallet." Nolan answered, "but everything is so badly burned, we cannot make out any prints."
"Let me get this clear. Over twenty cars burn with missed owners and nobody saw something? This city is huge and always awake."
"I told the citizens to come by if they know anything regarding to the missing people." Grey said, just then Aaron knocked on the door, a file in his hand.
"I maybe have something that could help." He gave the file to Angela, "every single person that is missing is between 30 and 50 years old and served in the army."
"Did some of them serve with Tim?" Lucy asked, "I know that he was in charge of a team on one of his tours."
"Yeah his name is Daniel Morgan and his car was found only a block away." Aaron explained.
"So we have a whole bunch of people that are experienced with a war." Nyla concluded, "but why take them? And how is it that there was never a sign of struggle?"
"I have no idea. But we can't just speculate. Nyla, Angela I want you to drive by every location we found a car and ask the people that life there if they saw something."
Nyla and Angela nodded.
"The rest of you all, street cameras. Check everything, the whole damn city. We can't just let a bunch of people disappear, especially not one of us"
"There is one more thing" Aaron said.
"Bad news I guess." Lucy said, slowly getting drained of any hope for a lead.
"There was murder last night. His name was Mitch."
"Mitch? Tims colleague with the prosthetic leg?"
Aaron nodded, "he was found shot behind a dumpster. Clean headshot."
"Bring me his file." Grey demanded before sitting down at his desk.
With one last glance at each other, the group parted and got to work.
Lucy could barely focused. Had she just stayed with him and drove home with him together. She maybe could have prevented it from happening.
The moment she sat down at her computer, she started to feel dizzy. That must have been how Tim had felt when she herself disappeared. It was a terrible feeling and Lucy wanted it to be over. She wanted Tim back.

—————————————-

The loud siren made Tim jump up from his bunkbed. Within seconds he had shoved the picture in his hand back into his pocket and put the hat on his freshly shaved head. He heard the footsteps outside his little room, the moment he opened his door, rain and wind greeted him. He joined the group of people and followed them towards the deck.
The ship was slippery and unsteady. He had to be careful not to slip and land on his ass.
The deck was already filled with black hats. The people strictly stood in rows, ready to take order. Tim took his position at one of the front rows, behind him the team he would have to lead into death.
A man came out of the front cabin, in his hand a megaphone.
His face was hidden behind a black mask, of course they wouldn't show their real face. Tim knew they never did.
"Listen up! You have all been chosen to serve this project. Why? Because you have useful skills. Some of you may have served us once before. They know the drill, but for those who are new. The rules are simple.
You try to flee? You die.
You disobey orders? You die.
You don't look out for your teammates? You die.
You tell anyone about this? You wish you were dead.
Now you may ask yourself what the fuck am I doing here? Well our nation found out that there are American hostages hold deep in the jungle, you will free them. Additionally you will kill every one that stands in our way. Of course the hostages are not the only thing we will retrieve. Somewhere in this jungle is a bomb. A bomb that could black out half of the world. We will find it and secure it.
TEAMLEADERS I want you to take a step forward and remove the cap. Turn around and show yourselves."
Tim did exactly that, his eyes locked with familiar ones. Daniel. They had served together, barely made it out alive.
Daniel seemed to silently asked him what this all was. Tim closed his eyes briefly before looking away. They could talk later.
"Six, twenty one, eleven and seven. Those are your team leaders. You will do as they say. Remember those faces cause if you break any rules, you will meet death through their hands."
Tim clenched his hands behind his back. Just like in the old days...

——————
Couldn't wait to post. Also I'm on vacation over the weekend so I won't be able to post.