A presentation at school

"I can't believe Genny talked us into this." Tim muttered, driving the shop.
"It's gonna be great Tim. I mean we help the kids understand police work and your nephews can show off with their cool uncle and aunt." Tim had to smile, they've been dating for almost a year now and James and Tyler started calling Lucy their aunt.
"Well, they do have a pretty cool aunt and uncle, that's true." Tim agreed.
Lucy grinned at him, "it's gonna be great."
"You're all colourful again baby." Tim said, before cursing under his breath. Lucy just laughed. "You just lost 5 dollar's." Lucy and Tim had a bet going on to not use their pet names on work, Tim really lost a lot of money since the beginning.
"That you can grab yourself." He said, parking the shop in front of a big building. He took a moment to look at the school.
"I went to school here.." he said, leaning back.
"You did?" Lucy asked curious.
Tim nodded, "Let's hope we don't meet old teachers or classmates."
"I wouldn't complain" Lucy smirked, getting out of the shop.
"Sure you wouldn't" Tim said, following her to the entrance. He held the door open for her and took a minute to glance at the hall.
"Locker 348, that was mine. Ouh god" he said pointing to a classroom door. "I had my first fight in there. Trevor that idiot thought it was a good idea to mess with me."
Lucy smirked, "Enjoying yourself with good old memories?"
"Some of them, yeah. I had my first kiss in this hall" he grinned and resumed walking, before pointing to a window laughing. "That's the window I broke with my baseball."
Lucy was about to reply, when a voice behind them startled them both, "You were so scared after that Timothy."
They both turned around, face to face with an old woman.
"Mrs. P?" Tim gaped at her.
"Well don't look so shocked, I'm still alive." The woman said, chuckling.
"Sorry it's just a really long time." Tim said.
"It certainly has been, yes." she looked him up and down, "I knew you would turn out to be even more handsome than you were as a kid. Look at you, the lady's must be all after you." She said. Lucy biting her lip, giving Tim an amused look. Tim blushed.
"Uhm thanks."
His old teacher turned to Lucy, "He's a good man, always has been. And so shy but brave."
"Shy huh? Never heard that one." Lucy smiled, holding up her hand for introduction. "Lucy Chen, pleasure to meet one of Tims old teachers."
The older woman, took her hand, "Ouh I like you. You two work together?"
"Yes, I trained her." Tim said, smirking at Lucy.
"Ouh" she looked at Lucy, "He must have been a hard one to crack, he was never really good with people."
"It was hard, but it was worth it and thanks to him I know a lot about my work and how to do it."
"That's wonderful." She turned to Tim once again, "Now Timothy how is your wife? Isabel right?"
"Uhm actually I'm divorced, it didn't work out for us."
"Ouh I'm sorry dear. Well I hope you find the right girl for you."
Tim smiled at her before looking at Lucy, "I think I already have."
Lucy blushed and tried to contain her big smile. Of course this interaction hasn't slipped the eyes of Mrs. P.
"Ouh my good. You two are a couple, aren't you?" She said excited.
Tim laughed a bit, "That obvious huh?"
"We try to hide it at work, but he's really bad at it." Lucy said, still having her eyes only on Tim.
"That's how you know that he's in love." Mrs. P said.
"Can't argue that" Tim said, reaching a hand out to drag Lucy at his side. Lucy settled on her toes and pressed a kiss to his cheek.
"I'm happy for you Timothy. You were such a good kid. Ouh and I love working with your sister. She is really good at her job. Your nephew James, he's a little troublemaker, just like you."
"James?" Tim laughed, "can't imagine that."
"Well he's not that bad but he has his moments. Just yesterday he broke another kids pencils because he was angry."
Tim sighed, "I bet Genny already talked to the staff, but he has some trouble accepting his parents divorce."
"Ouh I know, which is why I'm giving him the Bradford special."
"Uhm what's the Bradford special?" Lucy asked curious. Tim settled his hand on her lower back, but let his old teacher speak.
"Every time Tim had a bad day, I made him sit with me outside in the school garden, gave him a pack orange juice and waited till he started talking on his own."
"I missed some periods because of that." He added, which made Mrs.P laugh.
"It was worth it, you needed a bit peace in your young age... with everything that was going on at home."
Tim nodded "I did...thank you for that."
"That's my job honey." The bell signaled the end of Period, "well I should get going, I have to work. It was really nice seeing you again Tim."
"Yeah, it was nice. Have a good day Mrs. p"

They met Genny in a bug classroom full of chatting kids and bored parents. Genny greeted them both. "thank god you made it. Seriously those kids are bored."
"Why that?" Lucy asked.
"Well the other parents are lawyers or work in a bank, boring jobs. Time to see some excitement." She looked at his older brother, "maybe you could let them taser you?"
"Very funny." Tim said, following his sister to the front.
"Kids, settle down we have some nice police officers here that would like to tell you something about their job."
The kids quickly settled down and Tyler waved his uncle and aunt. Lucy waved back and Tim gave him a short smile.
"Hey there kids," Lucy started, "I'm officer Lucy Chen and this is sergeant Tim Bradford."
"Is Miss Bradford your wife?" One of the kids shouted.
"Ouh hell no, she's my annoying little sister." Tim answered, smirking at Genny as he gathered some laugher from the class.
"Feel free to ask them anything about their work kids and later Tim has a surprise for you all." She said, paying him back. Tim glared at her, great. Now he had to come up with a surprise.
"What's the surprise?" A little girl asked.
"Well if we tell you it would no longer be a surprise." Lucy said, smiling at her.
"Do you have guns?" A boy asked, on which Tim nodded, pointing to his duty belt, "but, we are in a classroom full of children, so you won't get to see it buddy."
The boy sighed disappointed, on which Tyler grinned at him, "I saw it, I even got to use it once."
Genny glared at Tim, "Timothy." She hissed.
Tim shrugged, "what? It was at the shooting range and he was really good." He said, winking at Tyler, who grinned back at him.
"Why are you in uniform but he's not?" A little girl asked Lucy.
"We work in different divisions honey. He's in metro and basically wearing his uniform. Whilst I work on patrol." Lucy answered.
"Do you get to drive a cool car?"
"We call it a shop, and yeah it's pretty cool." She said.
"Is it hard to become a police officer?" Another girl asked
"It's not that easy princess, but if you want it I'm sure you can achieve it." Tim answered her.
"Cool can I skip the patrol and be a detective? I'm good at it."
"You are?" Lucy asked
"Yep. Alaisters dad" she said, pointing to a man standing in the back of a classroom, "is really looking angry at you. So he's a lawyer because mommy says lawyers hate the police."
Tim smiled, "is that right sir, you're a lawyer?"
The man nodded shortly, "I'm afraid so, and I think we will meet in court soon Sergeant Bradford."
"Can't wait." Tim said sweetly, on which Lucy had to bite her lip to hide her smile.
"Tell you what little one. I have to agree with you, you're a natural. I tell you what. Miss Bradford will give you my number and your parents can call me up. We can arrange a date and you can have a day at the station, with our detective friends." Tim said, smiling. He liked that little girl, she was cute.
The girl nodded excited. "Thank you" she grinned.
"I'm sorry kids that's the end you have lunch break now." Genny announced, looking at Tim and Lucy.
"What's the surprise?" Tyler asked his family.
Lucy looked at Tim in a silent conversation, he nodded at her.
Lucy smiled at the kids. "Who wants to hear the siren?"

The next time Lucy and Tim talked in front of little kids, was in their daughters own class. And Fei was the proudest kid in the crowd.