𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟖: 𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒

꧁꧂

𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐌𝐄𝐃

𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐌𝐄𝐃. 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 𝐂𝐈𝐑𝐂𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍. Had she missed her chance? Was that the moment she could've done something about her emotions? Surely she didn't, right? He would still like her, maybe even love her? As her mind goes in circles, she finally finds her mind at rest.

But Colin's? Oh Colin's was filled with fear, he was afraid he ruined all his chances with a Loretta, but he wasn't gonna let that stop him. So he went back to the Bridgerton home. Soaking wet from the rain, changing and then trying to rest his mind.

The next day Loretta avoided the Bridgertons like the plague. She was suppose to meet Eloise at her family home, but cancelled last minute. If she showed up, she would definitely meet the fate of having to talk to Colin about last night. She so badly wanted to. But so many things were at stake. So she decided to wait, wait and see what would happen. Wait and see if he would talk to her first.

So in the end, Loretta spent most of the day by herself. Her father and brother were out doing business, Mary was over at the Bridgertons. Where she was suppose to be as well. To Eloise it was unexpected that her best friend didn't show up, it just wasn't something Loretta did. Even if she was sick or something had come up, she would make the 5 minute walk to the Bridgerton house. To explain why she was not available for the time they planned together.

However it was very obvious to the Bridgerton boy, that she was avoiding. Avoiding him. He understood, it was very compromising position that they were in.

But he wasn't just gonna sit around, and act like it didn't happen. He can't just sit around and act like the feelings inside of him aren't eating him alive, so he goes onward. To venture to the Leighton house.

After the 5 minute walk, Colin found himself knocking on the big corridor. The door opening with the house maid, surprised to see him. "Oh Mr Bridgerton! This is quite the surprise... Lord Leighton and James Andrew isn't here today.. they will be gone for a few days.." The maid says, going to close the door by Colin stopping it.

"Oh.. I am not here to see The lord.. or James Andrew, I came to talk with Loretta.. if that is alright.." He says looking around the doorway, "Oh Yes! Yes that is quite alright... you may come in.. I believe Miss Loretta is in the library.." She says letting Colin into the home, to find his way to Loretta. "Thank you..." The boy says making haste towards the library.

When Colin enters the Leighton library, he sees a certain blue eyed brunette girl sitting by the window. Reading a book of course, like she always does. She looked peaceful, completely relaxed. He walked in, quietly. Trying not to make any sudden moves, afraid she'll try and run away again. "Etta..?"