Chapter 1

It was never supposed to be like this.I was just a little girl,Afraid of my own shadow.Now look at me...A stone cold killer.

It was never my intention to hurt anyone but when it comes to my survival or my friends survival it doesn't matter who dies.

You see earlier in the year 2027,the year I turned Sixteen,scientists discovered a flesh eating virus.We call it 'The rot'.

It attacks the brain,makes people lose their minds.Nowadays,you don't see many of the undead.Not like you'd want to see one anyway,nasty buggers.Of course,after a few months of the rot going around there were evolutions.We started with the the Chunkers.They were basically just humans with big chunks of flesh missing,they were still sort of alive.But then we got to the rotted and things escalated.The rotted we're completely brain dead.There was no communicating with them and we learned that a single bite would be enough to infect someone.Later in the year,Around September,now six months after the virus spread,the decayed variation's started being spotted.They were violent,blood covered (likely from their leftover dinner) monsters.

People like me,the survivors or surviving,started building camps.It started out with me,my brother Scottie and my mom...but theyre not here anymore...

So after that I had no choice but to go off on my own...into 'the death' all alone.

Naturally,Companies arose seemingly out of nowhere to try and manufacture a 'cure' or 'vaccine' but there's been no progress so far.I think it's around February 2028 by now...although there's no way of me knowing,I lost my watch a while ago and I haven't found a working source of electricity in some time so my phone is dead.

I'm sure your probably thinking 'Who is this?' And I'm here to answer,I'm Joules Hendrickson,But my friends call me Jem