When they choose their job over you (pt 1)

(Hyung line cuz I'm so tired and I can't write everyone now)

(I suck at writing sad stories so, mb, but try and enjoy becuz I'm pointing a gun at your head💖🎀😍)

(Recc: DaniellesCarrots)

Heeseung: 

"Fuck you!" I screamed, so loud that it vibrated through his body. He could go fuck himself. "Baby, you know-" "Don't call me your baby." Tears rolled down his pale cheeks as he gnawed on the bottom of his cracked lips. "Y/n...you know this job means a lot to me. I love you but I can't give this up, because it's who I am. That matters too." I swiped harshly at my eyes, making sure I didn't cry like him. I wasn't guilty. I wouldn't waste my tears on him. "Right. And that means you have to break up with me, makes sense", I drawled out sarcastically. I knew heartbreak, how it clawed at your heart and punctured it. It scratched at every surface, waiting for that last minute of control, until you completely shut down as a person. It took a while to heal but once you did it was like it never happened. But this was different. I didn't feel immediate sadness, I felt greif. Loss. Like I just wasted three years of my life to end up abandoned again. And  it was slow, heavy and painful. "You're...a distraction. And I can't afford that. Don't take this the wrong way but: you're not good for me." He caressed my cheek and pulled me in for one last embrace—warm, fresh, safe, Heeseung—until I was left in the cold again. He rolled his suitcase to the doorstep and never looked back. Just like that, he was gone.

Sunghoon:

"Please! Don't leave me! Don't..." Sunghoon wasn't supposed to be the one to do this to me. He wasn't supposed to let me drown in a puddle of agony and suffering. He was supposed to be my knight in shining armour. He was supposed to be my hero, my king, my lover, mine. So why was he doing this to me? I was on my knees, sobbing pathetically in front of his feet, my tears cascading down his polished shoes. "Honey, please stand up." But I couldn't. It was as if—just for a second—I felt numb, like he was out of the picture already and that was how it was going to have to be. No more movie marathons, no more coffee ice cream dates, no more kisses under the duvet, no more Sunghoon. "You promised me..." I rose to my feet. "You promised you would never break my heart!" I struggled to tug off the promise ring he bought me. Empty promises. Empty and famished.  "We were young", he argued. "And we were supposed to grow old together." He sighed. "My group, my fans—they need me." "I need you too!" Sunghoon's jaw ticked. "Find someone who loves you, Y/n, bettter than I do, better than I ever will. I'm not worth the wait. You're a beautiful woman, go find a great man, not a good one." I shook my head. "Y'know this saying, no? Men are supposed to ruin your lipstick, not your mascara."

Jake:

"They said break up with you or...lose the job." Bile rose up my throat. I could taste salt and blood on the tip of my tongue. "And?" He gave me an apologetic look. "No. No, Jake. Don't do this to me." He reached to hug me. "I know...I'm sorry, Y/n." I didn't want his hugs, or his kisses—not now at least— but I could fight to pull back. All senses were tuned out by one. Loss. I lost him. I lost my person, my one true person. And it should have hit me with a pang of hurt, rage and betrayal, but it didn't. "Was it me? Did you fall out of love?" Jake breathed in my scent, lips firm atop my head. "Never in a million years could I stop loving you." "But a job was enough to cut it short?" He sighed and laughed begrudgingly. "This is fucked up. It's not a job, it's my life!" He stood up to look me in the eye. "And to think that I hoped you'd be a little more supportive." I scoffed. "About us breaking up?! I'm sorry, where's my poster that says 'good job bud! You just broke a woman's heart!'" Jake turned away as his eyes watered. "I'm going on a walk." As soon as he left, I burst into tears. No. That wasn't the type of man that I would stay with—I rubbed my swelling belly—and neither would my daughter.

Jay:

"Jay, take the job. It's your dream." Jay rested a hand over my arm. "You're my dream!" I sighed, fighting back tears. "That's not true. I can't be your dream, Jay. Because we've already happened. Now it's time to turn the next page, a new chapter." He mumbled tiny 'no's into my shoulder. "You want this, Jay. I know you do." He shook his head as if denying all four years of his hard work and dedication. "I can't be there to hold your hand but you'll be happy. You will be." I was being fair, and he was being stubborn. As much as I wanted to pretend that, yes, he didn't need the job and could stay with me, I knew it would crush him. And I wasn't going to stand in the way of his dreams. "I'm breaking up with you, Jay." He shook his head more vigorously, sobbing heavily. "You can't! You can't leave! I'm yours, only yours. I don't want anyone else! Please?!" Dropping to his knees, no looked up at me, red eyed and snotty nose. "I beg of you, please baby. I can't-" "You have to try!", I screamed. "You have to..." Bending down to his level, I smiled sadly and stroked his hair. "Come on, Jay. You've dreamed of this day since you were a kid. Before we happened, it was you and this job. Keep going." He looked me in the eyes for a good three second before pulling me toward him for a kiss. He tasted like sea salt, kiwi, and desperation. "I love you, y/n. I love you", his voice cracked. As we tumbled and turned on the floor, lips on lips, hands feeling, touching and holding, I knew he wanted me. But unfortunately what I was looking for wasn't there. He didn't need me.