Part-22: A cup of hurt

Two days later:

"Welcome to sunshine cafe!" Jin chirps while wiping his hands on his apron as he goes to welcome the next customer.

But his steps gets stuck on the spot upon witnessing a face he has not seen in last two days. He has often waited for him in his balcony every night but as if Tae deliberately has been trying to avoid him, he won't show up even for a second there.

"Oh my holy Trinity! Finally you guys graced my cafe with your presence." Hoseok hollers coming out of the backdoor making Yoongi scrunch his nose due to the loud noise.

Hoseok stops before Jungkook to pinch his cheeks. "Hey Jungkook! Looking cute in black huh!"

Yoongi just smirks at how flustered Jungkook has gotten. He is turned crimson as he couldn't form a word and only blushes. Yoongi gives Jungkook a teasing smile before passing by them to settle into a table. Jungkook does the same, unable to look directly at Hoseok.

Jin's eyes are fixed on a silent Taehyung. Latter only held his head high as he walks past Jin to plop down in front of Yoongi in the same table.

One of the customer calls for Jin but before he can leave, Hoseok grasp his wrist.

"Let me deal with other customer. Go take them holy trinity's order and remember they are our regular so treat them nice." Hoseok winks at Jin and walks away with a smile plastered on his face.

Hence Jin is now stood in front beside the holy trinity's table with a mini notepad in his palm.

"Wow Jin, I was first surprised to see you here but I think you're determined to work huh?" Yoongi says with a smile to which Jin nods his head in agreement.

"Of course, Yoongi hyung! I want to help my uncle financially and it's the least I can do to contribute."

"So you finally see what a great opportunity it was working in here in my friend's cafe huh?" Taehyung's voice is mocking every cell of Jin and latter couldn't help but feel utterly ridiculous at his earlier action towards the said person.

Jungkook, sensing the elephant in environment, intervenes midway. He has live his hyung's anger for last two days and he can't afford to do the same right now. Not when he has come to see his Hoseok by dragging both of his hyung to the cafe.

"One sunshine special latte for me and two herbal tea for my hyungs with extra honey." Jungkook says urgently as if he wants Jin to just get out of there before Taehyung spat.

"Tae- Taehyung, can I talk to you?" Jin gazes Taehyung with hopeful eyes as he hands him his herbal tea.

"There's nothing to talk anymore. You've said enough and I've heard enough." Taehyung tries to look unbothered though his heart wrenches as the words came out of his lips.

"Taehyung plea-"

The chair Tae is seated falls due to the force when he stood up from the chair.

Ignoring Jin, he orders the other two, "Just finish your stuff fast and come out. We need to go to that bastard Lee for monthly extortion. This place is suffocating me."

As Tae begins walking away, Jin grasp his hand, making him halt in his place.

While still holding the herbal tea he has bought for Tae in one hand, he comes forward standing in front of him.

"Let go-" Taehyung grits his teeth.

"Tae please just listen to me once-"

"I SAID LET GO SEOKJIN!"
Tae shouts in his deep voice causing Jin to flinch back and the cup he is holding falls down his hand, scattering in the tiled floor.