Part-11: Past haunts

Tae enters his house to see Mr. Gyu sitting in his living room couch with kegs crossed over the center table. He rolls his eyes at him and begins walking towards his room. It's afternoon already and he wants nothing more than to just pass out in his bed due to the drinks he has earlier with Jungkook.

But Mr. Gyu calls out for him making him halt in his way. He turns back facing Gyu.

"Taehyung, what's this huh? Aren't you getting too involved in these petty matters?"

Taehyung doesn't reply as he watched Mr. Gyu walks forward to him.

"Our whole business is based on power and fear. If there's no fear, there's no power. We are here for real games but now you're playing some sick tom and Jerry with a boy? If you keep getting yourselves effected by these petty matters then one day no one will fear you. I don't want my business getting affected by your racklessness."

Tae sucks his teeth, clearly unaffected by the orders presence. "Gyu, Namwon is mine. I know how to handle what is mine."

"You don't understand-"

"Dad, come on!" A new voice joins them as a woman emerges from inside the kitchen.

Her hills clicking the cleaned tile of Taehyung's house. Brunette hair falling straight on her shoulder as she smacks her red lips together, winking towards Taehyung. She smoothes the flare of her dress which is not even covering half of her thighs.

Walking closer to Taehyung, she hands him a glass of strawberry juice which the latter decides to ignore.

She lowkey huffs and gulp down the whole glass herself. "Dad, that boy was crazy to think he can challenge Taehyung. What he did was right showing that pretty boy his place."

She then sees Taehyung grabs a water bottle near him in the table and gulps down his throat, making her roll her eyes at Taehyung's desperate measure to avoid drinking the juice she bought.

"I saw how he was acting all tough in front of Tae. If he shows his face one more time than-"

Taehyung glares towards her making her shut her mouth.

"It's between me and Jin. I know how to deal with my matter. Whether it's a friend or foe, I know how to handle them. Alone." Tae shuts his room door close after entering, leaving Mr. Gyu and his daughter alone in the living room.

She turn towards her dad and smiles her sweetest smile looking at her dad fuming in anger. She knows his dad despise Taehyung and in turn Taehyung hates his dad with all he got.

"Dad, you don't worry. I'll talk to him."

"Yeah, knock some sense into him. This boy is giving me real headache. Thank God Lady Hyuna is out of town. She has given too much liberty to this guy that he has lost his senses. If this keeps up, then our power might sinks deep down the ocean and no one will give a damn about us anymore." Mr. Gyu left Taehyung house shaking his head.

=======

T-taetae...
A woman in his late 30's coughs cold in her bed. She tries to grab something around her but it was futile. Her limbs felt stuck.
Tae-tae..
×××××
"Sir, help me sir.. My eommonie- she'll die sir. Help me Sir.. I need money to get her treated."A small boy aged around 10, fell on his knees but no one listens to him.
×××××××
The same little boy hide behind a building holding a man's purse in his soft palms. He counted the money. It wasn't enough but beggars can't be choosers.
His smile fell before it can even reach as a man in uniform stood in front of him.
He dragged the little boy away from there.
"Sir, let me go sir. My mom, she's sick.. She needs treatment. She needs me sir."
××××××
"Tae-tae.. Where are you.." It was the last word that left the woman's lips before she passed out in the bed. Cold and alone.

××××××××

"Taehyung!" Lucy calls as she walks inside the bathroom.

Tae comes out to his senses as his name was called. He tries to forget those vile moments of his life but the problem is, it's the most important yet most despicable part of his life. Which looms around him till this date.

"Fucking hell! This is the first time I've seen someone showering fully clothed. I regret it though. I missed the chance to witness your perfect body. Fuck, I still can't get these images out of my mind. So fucking perfect you're." She says seductively, running her fingers down where Tarhyung's chest is peaking within the buttons.

Taehyung who is completely soaked in water, backs away from her and walks out of the shower towards where the sink is and leans forwards leveraging his hands. He stares into the mirror, trying to come out of his earlier thoughts.

He hears a chuckle escaping Lucy's lips and then feels her coming close to him, adjusting his wet bangs falling on her forhead with her daity fingers.

"Why are you here anyways?" Tae snickers. He should really remember locking his doors before someone uninvited breaches it.

"I'm here for you, Tae." She leans down to his level, trying very hard to show her cleavage but failing miserably.

"I heard that pretty boy slapped you in front of everyone! That piece of shit!" She says caressing Tae's side of the face. She wasn't present there when that pretty boy slapped his Taehyung otherwise she would have kill him with her bare hands.

Tae rolls his eyes and walks out of the bathroom, water dropping in his way, unbothered by his current situation. "Gyu must be waiting for you."

Lucy obviously follows behind him and watches him changing his shirt into a fresh one. "That old man- I mean my dad, let's not talk about him."

She waits for Taehyung to do the same with his pants but that never came as Tae glares at her annoying figure.

"Lucy, let me get it straight. I hate clingy people. And you're one of them."

Before Lucy could say anything more, a loud banging draws their attention. They both walk out of Taehyung's room and open the maindoor to find Sunmi fuming towards him.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing huh? Don't you know who is infront of you?" Lucy yells at Sunmi who ignored her completely as she throws a file into Taehyung's face.

"Drama? You thought it was a drama? Read that report if you can. It's her medical report. Her husband was killed back in Kentaa by a bombblast. She fell into trauma after that. Losing someone close to our heart is not easy, Taehyung. He was the pillar of the family. He was a husband, a father. He was their everything.

Taehyung silently picks up the file from the floor and opens it. Reading each and everything he could understand from the heavy medical terms.

"She has seen her husband turning into nothing infront of her own eyes. She went into a deep trauma and is currently undergoing treatment. And you called it a mere drama?

She is still in happy loops of her life when her husband is alive. She is still there, waiting for her husband to come home. Her heart, mind and soul isn't ready to accept the death of her husband. But when she saw those guns and heard those yellings, it reminded of her the cruel ways her husband was murdered. It was her fear. And you thought it was some acting? She needs peace, love. She needs our help. and you kicked her out of her own house in such a cruel way?

You know I thought no matter your negative ways of dealing, at the end you help people in Namwon. That is why for people you're like a God. But today, you proved all of them including me, wrong. Your ego has thrown a small kid, a sick woman into streets. In a city they're unknown to. Without money or a phone. Do you even care what they might be feeling? How Jin, who is brought up by his parents with utmost love, has never seen the cruel ways of the society, would be able to take care of his sick mother and sister?

Atleast you should've understand a sick mother's pain, Taehyung. Please, for the little humanity you still has inside your heart, bring them back. Let them live here in Namwon. They need us, Taehyung."

As Sunmi ends her words with tearful eyes, Taehyung watches as the thunders strikes and the sky turna black as an indication of upcoming rain.