Part-13: Missing

A/N: Sorry in advance for any error.. I was too lazy to edit the chapter 🥲

========
Next morning:

"Uncle, where is Jinnie?" Moon looks around the house for Jin but he is nowhere to be found.

Mr. Park shutters, keeping his eyes glued to the toaster, "H-he wanted to spend some time with his friends so he has gone to meet them."

Moon squints her eyes biting her lower lips. She mutters, "Jinnie has friends? He never had any friends in our Kentaa. He used to say Appa is the one he needs. Why now?"

Mr. Park doesn't say anything and pulls out the box full of butter from the fridge. He has to make breakfast to feed his sister and his nephew who has came back from suffering last night. He was glad Taehyung brought them safe back to home. And he was even more glad to hear Sunmi decided to stay with Jin, who is not allowed in Namwon anymore. Atleast he didn't fail in his duty. His wife has contributed the most in fulfilling the same.

Nonetheless, there's a still a part inside him that hates the guts of his elder nephew. That boy just doesn't listen to him and brought himself in the mess. He had warned him multiple times to avoid getting associate with Taehyung. Looked like Jin was truly serving the fate of not listening to him.

"I'm going outside to play, uncle." Moon says at the lack of response from her uncle.

Mr. Park simply nods watching Moon walks outside while swinging her basket ball. Despite being a girl, she loves basketball. Her Appa used to play with her but now no one is here to play. She misses her appa.

She walks out to see a group of kids playing down the street. She seems reluctant to join them.

Taehyung who is cleaning his motorbike in front of his own house, sees her eyes saddening and turning around to leave, so he calls for her.

"Hey, I don't think playing with your eyes is enough. Go, join them."

Moon freezes on her spot but doesn't say anything, making Taehyung irritated.

"I'm talking with you girl. Look at me." Tae tries once again but to no avail.

"I don't wanna see your bad face." Moon says and quickly looks away.

Taehyung nods at the blatant reply of a mere kid. "Fair enough. See, I'm counting and before I count 3, you'll join them and play. Do you get it?"

"I don't wanna play."

"So you don't wanna play huh?" Taehyung holds her in place kneeling down in front of her.

"What's your problem, kiddo?"

Moon pouts, eyes red in anger. "It's you. You're our problem. You're very bad. You locked my Eomma. You yell at us. You kicked us out of our house. I know you are the one who doesn't let Jinnie come with us. Because of you everything is wrong around us." She isn't stupid. She has heard them talking last night while she pretended to fall asleep in the car.

She starts sobbing.

Tae's eyes widen as he hears her sob as little tears escaped her doe eyes. "Wait - wait.. Don't cry now. Don't act like a fuc- uhmm- weakling. Well, you're not the only one with problem. We all have some problems we have to face. You're not alone who has lost the one who has given you birth. Look at me, I've lost my Eommonie too. I can't do anything about it now, can I?

You have to move on with life like me. I know your dad is no more but your mom is here for you to take care of. Now stop crying and forget about the misery of losing your father. It will help your mother with her pain too." Tae shrugs his shoulder as if he has not just dropped a bomb to a kid who watches him in shock with her lips parted.