Part-4: It's over

Two days later:

"How's my eomma, doctor? You said she'll be fine. But it's two days already. Why hasn't she woken up yet?" Jin asks the doctor infront of him who is handling his mother's case.

"Jin, She has witnessed her husband's death from her own eyes. Her mind has shuts itself for a temporary period of time. Rest assured she'll wake up soon." The doctor assures him.

It's been two days his mother is in the hospital bed, lying as if no life is left inside his body. Just breathing.

Suddenly, the sound of glass smashing into the floor can be heard out of her hospital room and they shares a look of horror before rushing inside to ensure that Mrs. Kim has not hurt herself.

As they enters inside, Jin is shocked to see his eomma standing in front of him with a piece of glass aiming towards his direction.

"Eomma-" Jin whispers in his breath. The sight is too much for him. It breaks the remaining little part of his heart which he kept after his father's death.

"Why am I here?" Mrs. Kim sternly ask, as he waves the broken piece of glass before Jin and doctor's face.

"My husband must be waiting for me. He said he'll wait for me. We had plans. I know he has planned something for our anniversary. I know him. I don't say it out loud in his face but he's very romantic-"

Jin couldn't help the tears from wetting his cheeks. He has controlled himself after his Father's burial. But not now. He couldn't see his eomma so broken, so vulnerable for someone who won't come back to her side ever again.

"Eomma.. " Jin cautiously steps forward, trying not to rile her more.

"Appa- He's not coming eomma. He won't come. No more.. He left us eomma." Even the word feels bitter in his tongue. The lump forming in his throat is so hard to swallow.

Mrs. Kim chuckles shaking her head as if she isn't even bother to acknowledge what Jin has just said.

"Aniyaa, it must be his another tactics not coming in front of me huh? Tell me, Jin ah! It's must be his plan right? Are you in his team now, huh?"

"Eomma.."

"Look, if he's going to surprise me in a fancy restaurant then tell me beforehand. I can't show up to him in our special day looking like this right?" She says gazing at her crinkled hospital attire.

"Eomma listen to me please." Jin begs for her to listen.

But her mother is not at all ears to him. She is been staring at nothing with a dreamy smile.

"I brought a new dress just today. He loves red on me-"

"EOMMA HE IS NO MORE. HE IS NOT COMING BACK. NOT TO YOU. NOT TO US. APPA'S GONE." Jin screams, tears continues to stream down his face.

But as if she is in his own world, doesn't react at all.

She just casually moves back from Jin and begins searching for something in the room. "Wait, where is my pendant?"

Jin is in disbelief of what his mother has made herself into, that she has decided not to sink the very truth infront of her eyes.

She jumpes in joy like a highschooler as she finally found her pendant just beside the hospital bed.

"Jin isn't it beautiful? When I was in high school, your Appa bought something similar for me. You know how reckless I am, I lost it after a year. So I decided to gift him this pendant."

Jin is halted by a hand in his shoulder and he looks back to the doctor.

"We have to be very careful otherwise we can loose her too."

"I can't let her live in a lie." It's heartbreaking for Jin to see his mother in this state.

"She is very sensitive now, Seokjin. We can't be reckless with her emotions. She just woke up, so give her some time coping up. One day or another, she'll have to accept the reality."

Jin nods.

"Maa..!! Appa has gone for a medical camp in a military base far from here. He'll be out for- for I don't know how many days. He said he'll be back before we even know." Jin says, holding her mother's palm in his own.

Her eyes falls on the doctor standing behind. "Is this why this doctor is here instead of your Appa? You know your Appa can take care of me, right?"

Jin tries smiling, but it came out an awkward one. "Of course, he's our superstar Maa. Our hope. Our light. He can do anything for us. For the time being, let's get treated from this doctor untill Appa comes back ok?"

She nods with a big fat smile on her face. Jin caresses her hair and leaves the room before he breaks down just right outside the room.

=======

"You should change her atmosphere. Her surroundings. Living between the memories may not be a good thing for her brain. We can't let her slip into permanent denial." Doctor says to Jin, who panicked even thinking about leaving Kentaa.

They are now in the doctor's office, discussing about his mother's condition and what steps to take in order to ensure her mental health.

"What are you saying doctor? Why? It's our home. I can't leave it-"

A voice cuts him off as Jin's uncle and Aunty Sunmi enters inside the room.

"Jin! Is there still what and why left in your mind? What's there in the mansion anyways, despite those tinted walls? Now stop thinking about those useless walls and start thinking about your mother. You'll listen to me only. Don't be so stubborn otherwise you'll face the same consequences as your father-"

Jin's uncle halts as his wife held her shoulder, stopping him in midway.

"Let me talk to him." She assures and walks to Jin, who is now a sobbing mess.

"Jin-ah.. Look at me." She makes Jin look towards her cupping his wet cheeks between her palm.

"We couldn't do anything for the one who has already left us but we have to take care of who is with us now."

"I know Aunty. I know. But I need some time. Look at how she has turned herself into. It's difficult for me to see my Eomma in this state. I need some time to tell her the truth."

"What about you, Jin? Look at you! Couldn't even shed a tear or two for your father cause you're all worried sick here for your mother. What about you? What about Moon? You'll have to start a new life right? If yes then please agree to what your uncle has to say." Her voice is soft, she knows what losing someone close feels like yet life has to go on. We can't abandon our life.

Jin looks at her uncle as he sips in her aunty's words. "And what's that, uncle?"

"That you'll have to leave Kentaa now!"

Jin gulps. The mere thought of leaving Kentaa makes his mind goes blank. "What? No!! Doctor just suggested us to change the atmosphere but leaving Kentaa? It's impossible! And Appa! He never wanted to leave Kentaa. He used to say- it's our home- our own village."

"Your home is no more now, is it? Your father was toooo intelligent of a man. But what he proved at the end? That there's a huge difference between being intelligent and being right.

It's been 20 years since I left your Kentaa. But I was just a coward in his eyes. Yeah I am a coward. I'm stupid. But atleast I'm alive. Unlike him.

My decision at that time was not wrong. I was right all along. I don't want you to repeat the same mistake as your Appa, Jin. I won't let you stay here anymore and watch my sister in pain anymore.

I know it's not easy for you as It was not for me 20 years back. But if you want your mom not to suffer the same fate as your father, then let this place go. Say goodbye to Kentaa. Cause after losing a man like your father in your life, there's nothing left here to cherish anymore."