Clouds

Raaaa! I'm back with a new chapter and this time I PROMISE, that this chapter will be longer. That last chapter was just embarrassing...

Winter was sweating bullets from the desert sun above him, practically cooking his now not-so-shiny white scales. He was out on one of the dunes close to the Scorpion Den, trying to get a grip with his new powers and understand how they work. Being able to feel the air around him in a way he never could before.

He had enough common sense to around the group about these powers since he was new, especially going to his sister. But, everyone's powers were so different from his own that none of them were a big help at all.

Well... except for one other.

"What are we going to do best buddy?" Qibli asked teasingly.

Winter sighed, already annoyed. Qibli was the only other dragon that had powers like him.

He could swear Anemone did this on purpose to torture him.

Winter turned around to look at Qibli, "We need to try and figure out how to use our powers."

Qibli frowned but quickly smiled again, "Hey, we should finally be able to keep up with the rest of the group!"

Winter shook his head, "No, if we want to actually keep up with them, we have to not only be able to use these powers well, but get VERY good with them," Winter started explaining, "The original dragonets have had their powers forever now and have gotten so good, I don't think we will ever be able to catch up to them if we don't train."

Qibli frowned, "They looked strong, but they don't look THAT strong..."

Winter shook his head, "That was them just screwing around," Winter started explaining, "I have watched my father and Hailstorm toy with the other soldiers when they train, I can tell you that they weren't even trying."

"Well, what about the others in the group?"Qibli asked him.

Winter closed his eyes in thought but shook his head, "No, they aren't exerting themselves too much, but you can tell by the way they move that they are still trying to do everything they can to keep up."

"Even Icicle?" Qibli asked.

Winter nodded, "I can tell she is in her element in these battles, but she is still going as fast as she can."

"How powerful do you think they really are?"

Winter shook his head, "I have no idea, they haven't really met anyone to test their strength," Winter said remembering one of the reports from the war, "They took on Blister's whole army on in the SeaKingdom and from what I hear, it wasn't even close.

Winter almost shook at the next thought, "If we ever see them have to go all out, I don't think that we should be a part of that fight."

Qibli shook his head, "Then how are we ever supposed to catch up to them?"

Winter sighed again, "That's why I asked you to come here, we need to find out how to use our powers and train with them."

Qibli nodded his head, "So let's see, Anemone said that we could fly really fast, which that was easy to find out, we can always practice that later."

Winter nodded, agreeing with him, "She said that we could control the weather?" Winter said confused, "I have been trying to figure that out for about an hour now even before you got here, I definitely can feel a difference in the wind that I have never felt before?"

Qibli nodded, understanding what he meant, "Kind of like it's a-"

"Tangible object," they both said at the same time.