News

Hello again, welcome back. I updated on time for once, I know right, a shocker.

Winter was... tired to say to lease. Ever since his brother was captured years ago, he would find himself exhausted every night. And now his sister was gone... all his parents' expectations had been placed on him... not good.

He knew for a fact that he wasn't his parent's favorite, so now that he was his parent's 100% still alive child, they were berating him any chance they could get to drill him into being "the best icewing" he could be. He didn't know how he could be better, he was already in the middle of the first circle, right behind the queen's own dragonets.

He no longer had any time for himself, all the hobbies he had went out the window. He understood why there had to be a way to tell who was more important, but the circle rankings seemed to make more issues than helping. You shouldn't have to work so hard every day to where you have no personal time just so you can have a better spot on the wall.

Throughout history, you would hear about how the IceWings would praise the wall for how much it has helped. But then you look just a little deeper, you see the problems it has caused.

Dragons becoming so obsessed with a spot on a wall that there have been multiple assassinations, murders, blackmail, anything just to look better. It seems like nobody talks about this, all for the sake of "order".

He was dead tired.

He shook his head trying to get these thoughts out of his head. An IceWing shouldn't complain about the extra work, they should take it gladly.

Either way, it was time to go to bed. He would finally be able to rest for a bit.

His ears perked just a little bit when he heard a Dragon running in the halls. That is unusual, IceWings never run in the royal halls except for emergencies.

The dragon in question ran around the corner, running past Winter, heading straight for the queen's throne room, which was to be expected.

Winter frowned in concern, the last time something was this important was when his sister had been captured a few weeks ago.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to go and make sure everything is fine. Winter walks down the halls heading after the messenger in a more dignified manner.

It's probably nothing to important, there was probably an attempted assault on one of their camps, Winter thinks to himself as he makes his way to the door of the Glacier's room.

He makes his way up to the throne room door, getting ready to open it up but stops when he hears Glacier talking.

"I'm telling you my Queen, Princess Icicle is with the Dragonets of Destiny right now as we speak at Blazes Fort!"

Winter stumbles back from the door in shock, ignoring the rest of the conversation. Icicle was with the Dragonets of Destiny? Why!

The Dragonets of Destiny were the reason she was captured to begin with. When her group explained what happened, the dragonets had her knocked out before she could even do anything. Handling her in a way that took no effort.

Winter started to walk back down the hall, his mind racing.

Why would the Dragonets keep Icicle with them? Everybody thought for sure that they would let the MudWings hold her.

He had to go and rescue her!

He flew out of the palace, making his way for Blaze's fort.

Winter was on an adrenalin rush, thinking a hundred different thoughts all at the same time. How was he going to save her? How were they going to get through this without being dropped to the bottom of the circles, Icicle already went from being up close to the top of the first circle to now being in the middle of the second. Were the dragonets as powerful as the news said they were?

The news that came in in the last couple of months had been... in better terms, just downright crazy. First thing that happened was a raid on the SkyWings from a small group of dragons, that is now to be believed to be the dragonets. Then there were rumors that the SeaWings were thinking of leaving the war due to some negotiations from the supposed "Dragonets of Destiny". Then it got even crazier.

The news from their spies came in. The SeaWings were now not at war and a small chunk of Blister's army had been beaten by just six dragonets, that had now been confirmed to be the Dragonets of Destiny. What was even crazier was the powers they had. It was said that they all had weird powers, all of them unique. Being able to control the world around them to their will.

The news never stopped coming after that. His sister had been captured by the dragonets when she was busy on an offensive push on the MudWings. Apparently, the Dragonets had been there to convince the MudWings to leave the war, and it was a coincidence that they had been there the moment his sister was there. They had been talking with their spies in the following weeks, keeping tabs on Icicle and her whereabouts. They had told how she had been kept with the Dragonets themselves and it would, and I quote, "Be suicidal!" to try and rescue her from them.

Then the MudWings had left the war, and with that, the whereabouts of Icicle. The spies thought for sure that she was in a secret MudWing prison. Apparently, the dragonets had also fought Burn, and apparently it was almost a good fight.

It was quiet for a few days till it was said that the dragonets had helped the SkyWings leave the war and bring a new queen on the throne. And there were rumors that they had killed Scarlet, but there were other rumors to about an assassin killing her. All that everybody knew was the fact that the dragonets were getting popular.

And now this, the dragonets were talking to Blaze, with his sister in tow.

He knew for a fact that he stood no chance fighting them if the stories were true. He truthfully had no idea if he would be successful in saving her, but he had to try.

If he was successful, he was sure that for once in his life, his parents would be happy with him. He already failed with Hailstorm, he wouldn't fail with Icicle too.