the Wind

Ayo, Ima back with a new chapter, read it or be gone! Burn is captured, lets go and see what's going to happen.

The Wind was kicking up around the group as they were flying across the desert, the large pissed of SandWing princess in tow being dragged along by Starflight's shadow. All of the Dragonets surrounding her, not giving her even a chance of escape.

Qibli was flapping his wings silently, his mind racing at all of the thoughts that were flying through his head. They had just captured the most violent princess out of the three, he could tell that they were bringing her back to the Scorpion Den, would this put it in danger? Should he try to fly ahead and warn Thorn? Should he be doing something else?

His eyes shot over to the grumpy IceWing flying next to him, noticing that he seemed to be upset about something. It didn't take him long to think about it, it had happened to him too.

Compared to the rest of the group, they were almost practically useless with them not being able to keep up.

Qibli knew that he wasn't a great warrior, but he knew how to fight. Winter was probably even a better fighter than he was since he was royalty.

He knew from the way Winter acted that being useless in a fight would hurt since he always talked about how an IceWing should always be "perfect". So he took that last battle seriously.

The memory of the battle played out in his head.

It should be embarrassing that Clay was able to walk right into the middle of Blister's army camp.

How nobody ever even noticed him, he will never know.

Last night, after they got done planning, Peril did something to the sand under the encampment, super heating the sand under them till it turned into glass.

Clay raised his front right arm and clenched his talons together as if he was crushing something.

A loud explosion happened from all the glass being crushed simultaneously. Throwing sand into the air and causing panic in the camp.

"GO, GO!" Tsunami roared while diving over the sand dune.

The dragonets flew into the camp, searching for Blister while Icicle, and the MudWing sibs dealt with any organized resistance from the army.

Qibli felt like a chicken with his head cut off, because every time he got somewhere to do a task, he had already been beaten to the punch by one of the other dragonets.

He would get to a tent or a hut to clear it, and one of the dragonets would shoot out of there beating him.

The only thing he really did that battle was run around trying to find somewhere where he could help.

He had only learned a bit ago that Winter was the only other dragon in the group besides him that didn't have any powers, so he probably had the same issue as him.

Qibli flew up next to Winter, "Don't worry, we will find a way to keep up with them."

Winter's eyes grew in surprise that the Sandwing knew why he was upset, then it turned into a glare, "So what, as an IceWing, I am supposed to adapt and learn the moment it is required."

Qibli shook his head and started to argue back, Starflight listening to the conversation through their minds. He could tell that Winter was pretty upset at himself for not being able to help at all during the battle, at least Qibli got to help plan the battle.

Winter had been with them for a while and he knew that he could be trusted. He had seen enough of his mind, he just wanted what's best for everyone, even if he acted a bit hostile. He acted like this because of the bad parenting that he had.