Misery loves company

New chapter let's go! The song for today is Metallica's "My Friend of Misery". I am saying it now, this song goes perfectly for the character that's being introduced in this chapter, I recommend a live variant of this song. Hope you enjoy the chapter, and I hope you review it.

The group was winging their way toward the Sky Kingdom, with their newest member in tow.

Icicle agreed after thinking about it after the party. Sunny joking that they "Caught em all!". Icicle agreed, knowing it wouldn't look good on her if she came back from being captured, empty-clawed. She decided it would look better on her if she decided to actually help them win the war. Glacier would be pissed, but it would look better on her for everybody that wasn't for the war. Icicle was already sure that her placement on the board was rock bottom, until she made it back anyways.

The dragonets were all talking sociably, the tips of Jade Mountain in sight. They all agreed that they would stop there for the night to rest before they made their way into the Sky Kingdom.

It was starting to get dark so they landed about halfway up the mountain, landing on a flat. All of them spreading out, setting up for the night.

Clay made a bunch of small huts, making stones sprout of the ground and forming small rock tents for everybody to sleep in for the night, it wasn't dark yet so everyone was exploring the mountain, looking at all the sights around them.

And that is what we see Starflight doing now, a scroll in tallon, while walking around, jotting down all the interesting things around him.

Starflight was currently writing about how the most common tree that grows in these mountains were the Pine trees.

Starflight was smiling, happy with what he was doing right now, admiring the sight around him and doing what he loves the most, learning.

Imagine his shock when he heard somebody in his mind that wasn't supposed to be there. It wasn't loud, so it wasn't close. But he did hear the single word in his mind "Dinner".

He didn't recognize who the mind belonged to, but he was cautious and started heading toward the way the mind was coming from. It was faint, almost on the other side of the ridge that he was on, closer to the main body of the mountain.

Starflight kept a lookout, wondering if he would see the dragon flying, figuring that it was just a SkyWing out hunting for some food. He couldn't tell what the dragon was thinking anymore, but he could still sense it.

It started to get stronger when he was almost to the main body of the mountain, a cave in sight. the thoughts from the dragon were a lot stronger.

"That was a good squirrel, I hope that Dinner got himself something to eat," The Dragon's mind said.

Starflight was confused, at the thoughts and where the dragon was at. Why would a dragon be way out here, waiting for another dragon called Dinner to give him a squirrel?

Starflight started walking into the cave, walking around all the stalagmites. The thoughts were getting clearer and clearer until it was like he could hear everything the dragon could think.

"The water dripping today sounds more lovely than usual," the dragon thought, confusing Starflight even more. Who has thoughts like this?

Starflight eventually made it so far down that there was no sunlight lighting the cave, having to let out spurts of fire to see where he was going.

Starflight walked farther and farther down, till he came to a dead end. "I wonder who this strange dragon is?" Starflight heard the dragon think, confirming that the dragon had saw Starflight.