sloth

ELOWEN

She still feels sore from last night as she finished clearing the table, it was worth it tho. She got dressed before sitting down on the couch with a book. She wonders why those 3 came by but Ramon will figure it out probably. The door opens and Ramon enters with his brothers. She looks at them curiously, there is an owl on Vesper's schoulder. Ramon's expression was grim which worried her a bit.

"What's wrong?" She asks while putting her book down. The owl speaks up, which she recognizes at the owl Ramon was talking to when she followed him.

"We need your help, well more your gift." Elowen didn't even flinch when the owl spoke, she got used to weird things happening by now.

"My gift?"

The owl nods.

"Your dreams, those are premonitions. You can see some things from the future. We need that skill for our plan. The sins want to use a weapon they created to destroy our runes which help us to stabilize the magic. They want to start a huge battle with us to do so but if we destroy that weapon before it gets here, we won't have to fight. We need you to figure out where that weapon is." Elowen listens to the whole explaination before nodding.

"Only if you want ofcourse." Ramon says, she can see he's worried and prefers not to get her into this. She wants to help tho.

"Alright, I'll do it. How do you plan on doing this?" She asks.

After an hour, Elowen is laying on Ramon's bed surrounded by herbs. She looks around, making herself comfortable.

"Just relax, I'll make sure you're fine." The owl, Alden, Says calmly. She nods and closes her eyes. Ramon was whispering something to Vesper with a glare when she closed her eyes. Alden starts saying some odd words, Elowen feels her head getting heavy. A flash appears and she feels like she's falling. She looks around confused, she seems to be in some kind of clearing. It's surrounded by dark rocks and dead trees. In the middle of it there is a sword. It's completely black. It whispers some odd words she can't understand. The sins are whispering and standing around it. Elowen approaches the sword to hear what they say. She recognizes Wrath and Envy but not the others. A woman with white hair and clear blue eyes turns around to look at Elowen with a lazy smile. She's sitting against a tree. The woman gets up and walks towards Elowen. Elowen doesn't know what to do, this was supposed to be a dream. They can't see her, can they? The woman grabs Elowen's head, pain sears through it. She screams loudly. The other sins look at the woman confused, apparently not seeing Elowen. She kicks the woman in the stomach before stumbling back. Her head feels heavy, painfull even. She falls down and starts scrambling away from the woman who just smiles lazily. In a flash, Elowen is back in the room. She's panting heavily, the 4 solar riders and Alden look worried at her. Ramon is holding her hand, his scars glowing and tearing a bit further. She looks around a bit disorientated.

"I've seen it all" she says between breaths. Ramon squeezes her hand.

"El, you were screaming. What happend?" His voice is calm but his eyes are wild. She shakes her head.

"I'm alright." She starts explaining everything she saw and what happend. They all listen attentively. Ramon has let go of her hand, his scars going back to normal. Alden speaks up once she's done.

"Sloth, she can do things to people's minds. She's the most lazy of the sins but her skills are the most lethal. She can't fight so she made up for it by learning about the mind. She must've seen you."

Ramon narrows his eyes at Alden. He crosses his arms but stays quiet. Elowen can see a death promise in his eyes. She knows that Ramon is thinking about killing sloth when he sees her.

"Atleast we now know where their rat's nest is." Blake says while standing nonchalantly next to the window. Vesper nods.

"Aviara Cove, we could've guessed. It's a dark place where the magic is awfully unstable. There are often rips there." Callisto says with a sigh.

"It's where we went to go into Asteria for that mission when my mother died. Awfully scary spot." Ramon shakes his head with a sigh.

"We'll plan how to get our hands on that sword, you can rest Elowen. You've done more than enough for now." Alden flies away with that. Vesper and the others soon follow, except for Ramon who stays behind. Elowen sits up with a grunt.

"Gosh that was scary." she chuckles a bit to take the tension out of the room. Ramon turns around to look at her with crossed arms. He looks pissed and worried both at once.

"Hey I'm fine now alright." She smiles and takes his hand. "I'm glad I helped"

Ramon looks down at her hand grabbing his, then lifting his eyes back to hers.

"You could've died, you know that?" He says calmly, his voice lethal. Elowen sees that he's clearly pissed. She squeezes his hand once.

"Maybe but I didn't, I want to help Ramon." She let's go of his hand and gets up. She can feel his eyes burning in her back as she walks out of the room. Ramon isn't the only one who is worried, Elowen is as well. Now she knows that her dreams are premonitions, that one nightmare scares her more than ever.