screams

RAMON

Ramon hears someone screaming, and he jumps out of bed. Where is it coming from? He quickly runs to the room, and there she is, Elowen. She's screaming and freaking out, eyes still closed as she moves in her sleep. Ramon rushes to her side, holding her hands to stop her from kicking and hitting. He sits down on top of her, pushing her hands onto the pillow.

"Elowen, wake up!" he practically yells. "It's just a nightmare! Wake up!" He is definitely yelling and freaking out. What could scare her that bad, for Akari's sake?

"Elowen!" He yells her name as loud as he can. He feels his power rumbling through his veins due to his panic. Elowen suddenly opens her eyes, startled and panting. She looks around terrified. He has never seen her this afraid. Where is that fearless girl he knows? He doesn't like to see her like that.

"Elowen? Are you okay? You were screaming. It was just a nightmare." He smiles a bit awkwardly and loosens his grip on her hands but still holds them just to be sure. She looks at him and nods a bit while panting.

"I'm fine now, thank you." Her voice is raw from all the screaming. Ramon lets go of her hands and gets off her. He then sits next to her on the bed. "What scared you that much, El?" He keeps his voice soft, although he doesn't like that he cares that much. He just doesn't want her to be hurt or scared or anything negative, really.

"I've just had a nightmare," she says softly while fidgeting with the blanket.

"What was it about? You don't have to answer if you don't feel comfortable recalling it." He keeps looking at her. It scares him that she looks so distressed.

"I've had them for a while. Normally there's a lot of time between them, but these days they are almost every night. I see things I've never seen; it feels so real." Ramon listens carefully and waits for her to continue.

"This has been the second night I've gotten this nightmare. It's in the forest, everything is in a pink glow. There's an earthquake, strong wind, cold, and a violin is playing. Then suddenly there's a male's voice screaming, followed by a female's voice screaming." She sighs and calms her breathing. Ramon is watching her quietly. She has had those for a while. He suspects that this sweet girl before him may be more than she thinks. She still looks so scared. Before he can overthink it, he suddenly hugs her.

"Your fine; it's over now." he whispers against her hair. She hugs him back while he feels her heartbeat go back to normal. Why is he doing this? This is wrong. He shouldn't hug her, shouldn't get attached. He should just never talk to her again. He's wrong for her and will get her in danger. So why can't he stay away? Ramon feels his temper slip from frustration. All those emotions he had felt only seconds ago make him lose his temper more easily. He lets go of Elowen and forces a smile on his face.

"Try to sleep again, El." He gets up and goes downstairs. He hears her murmur goodnight. It is almost dawn, but the last stars are still there when Ramon storms outside. He is furious with himself for bringing Elowen in danger. Furious for not being able to let her go. Furious for being so selfish. He knows she will be his undoing one day, and here she is already making him lose his self-control. He takes the axe from the block of wood he was going to cut and throws it at a tree. He starts punching that same tree violently, as hard as he can.

"You really gonna hurt that poor tree because of your lack of control, Sol?" a male voice says while chuckling. Ramon looks up and glares at the owner of the voice.

"I'm not in the mood for your pestering, little brat." he hisses at Blake.

"Oo, someone woke up in a mood. What's the reason now? Oh, is it maybe that girl I heard so much about?" Blake smirks at him, making Ramon even more furious.

"If I were you, I would shut up right now, Blake." Ramon stalks closer.

"Why? I would really like to meet her. She must be such a sweetheart; I wonder why she would go with you, though. She must have a death wish." Blake smirks and crosses his arms. Ramon knows that Blake only does that to provoke him, but his temper is already boiling. He clenches his fists and stands right in front of Blake, glaring at him.

"One more word, and your eye will be blue while your hair won't only be red from dye but also from blood." he hisses furiously.

"One word? Easy. Elowen." Blake whispers before chuckling.

With that word goes the last bit of Ramon's self-control. He hits Blake's jaw in one quick second. Blake loses balance and stumbles a few steps back. Blake then chuckles and goes for the attack. Ramon dodges Blake's fist that is aiming for his nose but isn't quick enough for the one to his stomach. He groans a bit but doesn't linger for the next hit. He hits Blake in the stomach, which Blake avoids. Ramon takes advantage of the loss of attention to come up behind him and kick him in the joint of his knee. Blake falls down on one knee before swiftly turning around and pulling Ramon's ankle from under him. Ramon falls, Blake takes the opportunity and pulls him by his ankle. Ramon kicks him in the face and gets back up. They go on sparring like that, Ramon out of pure fury and Blake out of amusement. After what must have been an hour, they are both bloody and getting tired. No one won yet while the sun is up. Ramon keeps his fighting stance and eyes directed on Blake. Blake suddenly smirks.

"Ramon? What's going on?" The female voice he knows too well says suddenly from behind him. Ramon looks at Elowen for a split second, but that is a second too long. Blake hits him in the stomach and kicks his feet from under him. Ramon falls on his back and groans as his whole body protests. Blake smirks at Elowen, thinking he has won.

"So, you're Elowen, you're indeed beautiful. No wonder my brother is that furious; I'm better than him, though. I'm Blake-" Blake doesn't have time to finish because Ramon throws him against a tree. Blake, who doesn't expect the hit, is coughing. Ramon pulls him up by the collar.

"I won again, so don't cross me, Blake." Ramon snarls angrily and gives him one last hit square in the jaw. Blake falls down with a loud thud. He grins with bloody teeth before getting up and limping away. Ramon turns around to look at Elowen, who doesn't look afraid. He prefers her that way; there she is, the fearless girl he knows. She stares at him and motions for