mask

RAMON

Ramon laughs like crazy; that girl is really unique. She's freaking out because she just came for a swim? It's cute, though, how scared she is that she crossed a boundary. He doesn't mind her seeing him but is glad that Hades threw his mask. If she sees him without, she'll surely freak out. She's one of the only people who like him. What if she gets scared and runs away? He wouldn't bear to lose someone again. But on the other hand, this is Elowen. Would she be scared of him? Would she leave him for his looks? She's so kind. Ramon stops laughing and snaps back to reality when he sees Elowen looking away. Seems like her thoughts get the best of her too. "You alright, El?" Elowen's head snaps back to him. She smiles sweetly, a smile that he likes more than he likes to admit.

"Yeah, I was just thinking. Are you not mad that I disturbed you?" She answers.

"Of course not, this ain't a private pool. You can do whatever you want." Elowen stares a bit at him. He chuckles. "Like what you see, El?" Elowen looks away embarrassed; he could swear he even sees her blush.

"You're right; I can do whatever I want, so you won't mind if I also take a swim." He knows she just wants to change the subject. He chuckles at that.

"Do whatever you please." Elowen seems to be looking for something before she sighs.

"Something wrong?" Ramon asks.

"No, well yes. I forgot my swimsuit or bikini. Well, it'll be just in underwear then. It's the same thing anyway." Elowen shrugs and starts getting undressed. Ramon looks at her. She's truly beautiful. But no, he can't think that. He's no good for her; this is a dangerous game. He jerks his gaze from her. He isn't allowed to do this. Elowen gets in the water and starts swimming towards him. "Gosh, this water is freezing." She chuckles.

"What did you expect, El? This isn't a warm water source." He chuckles too.

"Hey, Ramon, look at that?" She points behind him. He turns around but sees nothing.

"What are you see-" He doesn't have time to finish when Elowen pushes him underwater. He gets back to the surface to find an Elowen howling with laughter. "I can't believe you actually fell for that." She says between the laughing.

"O you little-" Ramon smirks at her. She suddenly stops laughing and backs off.

"I won't do it again; I swear!" Ramon throws her over his shoulder.

"Ramon!" She laughs. Ramon laughs too.

"You thought you could get away with that?" He throws her a bit farther. He makes sure to be careful and not hurt her. She screams while laughing. Ramon laughs as she gets back to the surface. They go on for a while, pushing each other underwater, splashing each other with water, and, of course, a lot of laughing. Ramon's stomach hurts from all the laughing. He can't remember the last time he laughed that much.

After a while, they both are laying on the shore, exhausted from their little fight. They're happy, though. Ramon turns his head to look at Elowen. She's almost glowing from happiness. She really is something else. He wonders how she can look that careless while she has never seen his face. Normal people would be and were weirded out because he always wore that odd thing on his face. But not Elowen; no, she doesn't care. Well, she probably does care but doesn't let that stop her from having fun. He must've been staring for a while because she looks at him chuckling.

"Like what you see?" She repeats his words from earlier; he laughs. For a short moment, he admits to himself that he indeed likes it. He shoves those thoughts aside as quickly as they come.

"Why the mask?" Elowen looks at his mask curiously. He knows she will ask it one day or another. He sighs. He looks back at the sky that is already filled with stars.

"My face has some....unique features. People stare at the mask, but I think they would be afraid of what's under it." Ramon sighs again. He's afraid of her answer. Even though he really wants to take that thing off for her, he's afraid that she will ask him to do just that. It's like she can read his mind.

"I won't ask you to take it off, Ramon, I never will. As long as you feel comfortable, I'm fine with whatever you do. I just want you to know that I won't run away or be afraid of you. Whatever you think I'll fear, I can take it. You have a good soul; your face will never change that for me." She smiles at him. Ramon can't help but stare at this unique woman. She's too good for him, and he knows that. He can't help but feel some sparks inside of him. This woman may be his undoing; he can't let himself care about her that way. It would be dangerous for him and more importantly dangerous for her. He gets up suddenly. He needs to get away before he would do anything else that he surely would regret. He can't care; she's too good. Elowen looks confused at him.

"Did I offend you?" She asks worried while getting up too.

"No, no you didn't. I just need to get going." Hades is already standing close. He goes up to his horse and gets up. "Good night, Elowen" He says before hurrying home. He doesn't deserve someone like her, so he does what is best, run from his feelings and her.