18. Steam

Rubbing your eye, you slowly lifted your head and torso off the comfort of the bed. The cool sand colored sheets kept you warm, as well as the velvet red comforter and pillows. Peering out the window, you saw the sun just barely beginning to rise, the sky covered in shades of blues and pale oranges.

Turning the opposite direction, you saw Vash's body and face directed towards you as he slept quietly. He looks so peaceful. His blonde hair was flowing over his face and spilling onto the pillow. Looking closer, you noticed that he had taken off his prosthetic arm created by lost tech.

Curious, you quietly removed the sheets covering your bare legs and stood up onto the hotel's carpet flooring. Slowly tiptoeing towards the blonde, you made sure not to make the floor creak and wake him in the midst of your curiosity. The outlaw slightly flinched as you got closer, convincing you to back away before he woke up and caught you.

Quietly stepping away from the beds, you aimed for the bathroom and prayed that the water would be hot in this hotel. Carefully closing the door, you turned around to face the mirror and mentally prepared yourself for your scar covered body.

Lifting your tank top off of your body and over your head, it pushed you hair back enough for you to notice small dark bruises on your neck. Are those hickies? Placing your tank top onto the ground, you inspected the small purple spots on your neck and rubbed your fingers over them. Damnit.

Walking over to the shower, you pushed open the sliding glass doors. Seeing the provided soap on the interior of the shower, you turned the handle up and waited for the water to get warm. The water trickling over your hand quickly turned hot, convincing you to take your black thong off.

Stepping into the steaming water, you allowed the water to fall onto your head and down your back. Enjoying it's warmth, you let if completely engulf you and relieve the tension in your muscles. Grabbing onto the soaps, you smothered your hair and body in it, washing away any grains of sand.

Steam filling the bathroom, you stepped out of the shower and stood in front of the mirror. With your hand you wiped away the fog covering the mirror. Waiting to notice the scars that covered your body, you realized that they had significantly faded and only the deep ones remained. Turning your body around and staring closer into the mirror, your eyes grew once noticing how few still remained.

Hastily, you wrapped a towel around your body and squeezed the rest of the water from your hair out into the shower. Turning off the light, you slowly opened the door back out into the room. A small squeak came from the door, making you wince and slowly step out into the room.

Slowly walking past the bed's and towards your bag. You grabbed another one of your black thongs, throwing the dirty one into the bag. You stood up and tossed your clean underwear onto your bed. Walking in between the beds, you shuffled through the sheets to find your bra.

"What are you doing up so early," the blonde groaned in a sleepy voice. His one arm snaked around your waist, gripping tightly onto your hip. Pulling your body into his, you fell against him sitting on the bed.

"I wanted to shower with hot water, before someone else used it up," you whispered, running your fingers through his thick blond hair. Vash gripped onto your waist tightly and rolled over to other side of the bed, bringing you with him.

"Vash my towel is going to come undone," you squeaked. Your body fell limp against his, your butt pushed up against his waist band. Holding onto your towel, you felt the blonde pull you closer to him. Now face to face with the sleepy outlaw, you felt his hand slowly running his fingers up and down your naked leg.

"Look at how pretty you are, pretty face and pretty eyes," Vash whispered lowly, continuing to lightly scratch the skin on your thigh. You felt your face turn flush from his words, making you bring your hands up to your face.

"I'm sorry if I woke you up," you whispered back. Vash lightly yawned, and blinked a few times before moving his hand further up your leg.

"Is there any hot water left," he asked politely.

Letting out a small giggle, you smirked,"You don't have to get up just because I did".

"Just wait out here for me," Vash whispered as he slowly sat up out of bed, pushing the covers off of him. As you slowly sat up, holding the towel over your body, you inched yourself towards the edge of the bed.

Walking around to the edge of the bed, the blond placed his arm down onto the bed and leveled his face inches from yours. With sleepy eyes, he lowly whispered,"Don't leave this bed, darling".

Pushing off the bed, Vash walked into the bathroom and shut the door. Was he sleeping in that black shirt? Quietly standing up, you fastened your towel around you before laying back into the bed. Covering yourself with the sheets, you lied in the outlaw's spot, absorbing the warmth he left behind.

Laying comfortable under the sheets, you closed your eyes for a quick moment. Keeping your eyes closed, you fell back half asleep. The sound of the door opening woke you up, more steam exiting from the bathroom. Sitting up to watch the blonde exit the bathroom, his blonde hair lying flat and dripping water down his face A towel was secured around his waist, his body making your eyes widened in shock.

"I thought you fell back asleep," the blonde yelped, covering his torso with his one arm. Confused, you scanned the blond's body closer, noticing the various scars and metal pieces covering his upper torso.

You threw the covers off your body and slowly walked towards the flustered outlaw. He kept his gaze away from yours as you stood in front of him, tracing the scars across his chest and stomach.

"And you were worried about my scars," you breathed, hints of shock caught in your voice. Lifting your head, you searched for Vash's eyes that continued to stay away from yours. Lifting your hand, you lightly pushed his chin, forcing him to look down to you.

"This isn't exactly something...I like girls to see. I think many of them would run away," he droned out. Bringing your hand down from his chin, you rested it onto his shoulder.

"I'm not going to run away," you whispered reassuringly,"It would be pretty hypocritical if I did".

The blonde relaxed his eyes and let out small chuckle, proving to you that you're ability to lighten the mood worked. Picking you up by wrapping his arms around your lower torso, he walked you to the side of the bed. Gripping onto to the tops of his shoulders, you laughed as he continued to hold you up in the air.

"Vash," you groaned.

"Yes, darling," he uttered.

"We need to get dressed, you know how Wolfwood is about breakfast," you whispered.

"I thought third time's the charm," he questioned jokingly. Lowering you back onto the ground, you gripped onto the top of the towel that was slowly slipping off your body. Looking into the piercing blue eyes that stared so lustfully into yours, you inched your face close.

"I'll make sure he won't interrupt again," you whispered, so close that your lips grazed his as you spoke. Slowly backing away, you watched the blonde's shoulders hunch forward as his cheeks turned flush.

"Now go get dressed," you stated, pointing towards the blond's bag. Exhaling in awe, he turned towards his belongings and listened to your command. Putting on your clothes, you would catch sneaky glances from the blond, hoping that he could see more of what was wonder the towel.

Slipping on your boots, you looked up at the ready blond man. Quickly shoving your knife into the side of your boot, you motioned to grab your things.

"We are staying here for another night, Dawn. The sand-steamer isn't close to docking at the port, so Meryl insisted that we stay for another night," Vash announced.

"When did this happen," you asked confused.

"Last night," he began explaining,"She bought another night with the rooms when she was drunk". You burst into a laughing fit, completely unaware as to how drunk Meryl got last night.

"Good, I like that shower," you responded cheerfully.