15. Dance With Me

Looking around the small town and it's bustling environment, you were thrilled to join the giant festival. Even in the late hours of the evening, the townspeople celebrated and partied as if the sun wouldn't rise in the morning. You had never seen as many people partying in this barren land in your life, even when you had longer missions out for the Eyes.

Embracing the warmth of the colors and energy of the town, you followed the group to one of the bars in the center of the square. The bar walls were open, allowing for customers to stay outside as they drank. A group of townspeople were in the center of the square, right in front of the fountain, playing loud and upbeat music.

"I can't believe this many people are out," you yelled to the group ahead of you.

Meryl turned back with a huge smile plastered across her face, replying "I know! This is exactly what we need!"

You cheered back in response, catching a shocked glance from the Priest walking next to Meryl. The Punisher still slinging his giant cross through crowds of people. Unlike him, you had left your weaponry back in the hotel, only keeping the small blade in your boots. Right before Vash and you had left the room, you decided to take off the face mask that clung to your neck, exposing your collar bones. You also left your jacket behind, hoping that it wouldn't get anymore cosmetic damages as you were out.

Pushing through people, the five of you managed to reach the bar. Scanning through the various bottles and taps, you couldn't depict what kind of night Meryl wanted.

"Five shots please! Give me your best and hardest," Meryl shouted towards the bartender. With a quick nod he turned towards the bottles, grabbing one with clear liquid inside.

"Think you can handle this, smalls," the Punisher remarked, nudging you in the arm.

You gave the Punisher a look of surprise,"You're worried about me? What about Meryl, can she handle this?"

"Nah, don't worry, she'll be fine," he responded sarcastically.

You heard glass hit the wooden countertop, watching as one slid past you into the priest's hand. He looked down into the glass, taking a deep breath before saying,"I'm worried about smalls. These people don't need a circus show tonight".

"Cheers!" Meryl screamed as you threw back the shot in the glass. Fuck, I hate vodka. The liquid inside sent a warm burning sensation down your throat and into your chest, making you squint your eyes in response.

Looking back at the black haired man you sighed,"This isn't my first time drinking, I can handle it".

The Punisher rolled his eyes behind his sunglasses as he turned away from you and raised his hand to order two more shots. Without turning towards you he snapped,"Then tonight should be interesting. Keep the attitude in check, okay smalls".

Two more glasses appeared in front of Wolfwood. Grabbing them slowly, he slid one over in front of you. You looked down at the crystal glass and up at the black haired man. Another? He slowly leaned closer towards you, his cheek slowly grazing yours.

"It's good to see you again smalls," he whispered in your ear, his breath on your skin making small tingles form down your neck. He slowly moved back, keeping eye contact with you and smiling as he took the shot. He lightly slid the shot glass further onto the table before standing up and walking towards the blonde outlaw.

You chortled to yourself, stuck in confusion, before taking your second shot. As the warmth hit the back of your throat again, you shook your head. Slowly rotating your body towards the bar top, you slid the shot glass up against your first glass.

"Two already," Roberto uttered as he sat down in the seat next to you.

You chuckled,"Meryl said to let loose, so I'm letting loose."