14. Like That

You turned your body towards Vash, and elbowed him in the arm. His body was leaned up against the door of the van and his head rested in the palm of his hand. You saw his eyes shift towards you before slowly turned his head to face you. His peach colored glasses barely hiding the sea blue color that took your breath away.

"I think you have some explaining to do," you whispered kindly. He turned his head to look out the window briefly, sighing before turning his head back towards you. Knowing exactly what you meant, he prepared his explanation promptly to himself.

"A long time ago, I found Rollo running away from his town. I was hired by his mother to find him," he started explaining.

"Back then, I didn't know what was happening to him. I didn't know he was chosen as a sacrifice for the wind to come back, and I didn't know that he would turn into-"

"A monster," you finished. The blonde outlaw nodded in response, trying to hide his remorse behind his peach stained sunglasses.

"When I went back there to help, I was too late," Vash finished. He turned his head away, down at his fists gripping his pants. It isn't your fault, Vash.

As you looked down, you saw his hands tightly gripping his pants, veins popping out of one. You reached out, grabbing one of his hands into both of yours. He gasped and quickly looked into your eyes, small tears slowly falling from his.

You slowly took one hand off his and hesitantly raised it up towards his face. He took a small breath before you slowly wiped a tear off of his cheek. His skin made your fingers spark again, but this time you didn't move away and neither did he. With curiosity getting the best of you, you slowly cupped your hand around his face, and allowed the sparks to flow through your palm.

"I don't blame you Vash and you shouldn't blame yourself," you whispered reassuringly, smiling brightly. He pushed his face further into your hand, making the sparks warmer and stronger.

The van abruptly stopped, catching you off guard. You felt your body lunge forward, almost completely over the center console, as you stuck your arms out to break your fall. Before your body could hit the center console, your body abruptly stopped and was forced back up against the seat, all in one swift motion.

Vash's metallic arm had stretched itself across your body, preventing you from going out the windshield. You felt your heart racing when you noticed his hand holding onto your side, the palm of his hand right over your chest. His grip around you strengthened as he searched for your gaze.

"Dawn, are you okay," he asked worriedly, staring deeper into your eyes.

You swallowed hard, only thinking about his hand grazing your breast, and nodded quickly. His slowly pulled his arm back, his fingers brushing against your chest. A small trail of tingles left behind on your chest from where his fingers grazed you.

"Nice reflexes blondie," you heard Wolfwood comment. Looking away from Vash, you turned towards the front of the van. Meryl's gleaming eyes stared back at the three of you, a huge smile covering her face. You smiled lightly, knowing what was coming.

"We're here! And look there's still stuff going on," Meryl beamed. You shifted your eyes to peer out the front windshield of the van, noticing the bustling of people all around the outskirts of the town. Bright colored flags were hung along buildings and luminescent lights covered the city.

"Woah," you whispered under your breath. Vash placed a hand on top of your knee, ripping your attention away from the bustling city.

"Let's go have some fun," Vash announced to everyone before opening the door and running out into the city. You quickly followed the blonde outlaw into the city, chasing him as you both ran to the center of the town. You both didn't wait for the others, you knew they would eventually find you.