7. Dawn

Walking with the two boys through the back alleys of the town, you kept your head on a swivel for the July military. You walked slower than the two men in front of you, making sure not to lose sight of them, but checking every scaling building in sight. There small groups of people walking together and entering the buildings, but none of them seamed suspicious.

You glanced down one alley way when you felt the darker presence of the Punisher standing next to you. You turned and glanced up at his narrowed eyes slightly shaded by his black sunglasses, as a cigarette was burning between his lips

"By now the military police probably think that we skipped town, you can stop checking every damn nook and cranny of this shit hole," he stated lowly.

You rolled your eyes at him, purposely bumping your shoulder into him when you walked past him to catch up to Vash. Walking slightly behind the outlaw, you saw two figures out in the distance standing up against a large electric powered van.

"That's our ride," Vash explained with a smile, pointing to the two people in the distance.

You smiled back in response, feeling the priest join you again at your side, as Vash picked up the pace to get his friend's attention. The Punisher knocked your shoulder with his elbow, grabbing your attention once again.

"That handgun of yours, I've seen it before. Back then, it had a different owner," he hinted.

"I earned it," you stated confidently, looking out into the distance in front of you.

"There's only one way you can earn that gun, that's the Monte Carlo," he hinted again.

"You have to kill the owner," you both said in unison.

His once blue eyes turned near black as the realization hit him. Don't worry Wolfwood, I'm not dead.

His gaze shifted away from you, looking out to Vash and the two others. He chuckled to himself, saying something under his breath. It was too quiet for you to hear, but you hoped that he would finally forget who you were.

"Ok guys, I want you to meet our new friend," Vash expressed warmly.

You walked up next to the blonde outlaw, raising a hand with a smile on your face.

"Finally another chick, even though Wolfwood is part chick," the small girl stated.

"Hey!" shouted the priest.

She began excitedly again,"I'm Meryl Stryfe and I'm from the Bernardelli News Agency. It's a real pleasure to meet you".

"I'm Roberto, and I work for the same agency as newbie here" the older man stated dryly, taking a swig from the silver flask in his hand.

"Ignore his attitude, but if we can get an interview with you about how you met Vash, it would be really great coverage for our story. What's your name again?" Meryl questioned.

Wolfwood chuckled and expressed,"No time like the present, huh".

You sighed looking down at the sand by your boots. You hadn't thought about this, yet you had the whole walk here to do so.

You looked up at the crowd, who was anxiously waiting for a response from you. You chuckled again to yourself.

"I guess you're right Wolfwood, but if you want me to be completely honest, I don't have a name," you chimed confidently.

Everyone gasped in shock, except for the priest.

"Yeah right that's bullshit," the Punisher spat angrily.

"Well if you don't have a name, what if we gave you a name," Meryl suggested.

"There's no way you believe this bullshit Meryl," he spat again.