Sky

I take a shuddery breath, standing up weakly. The terror of fighting is gone, replaced by embarrassment. Mitch, the one who I was fighting, gives me a weak smile. I smile back.

"Ok, ok." Ty mutters.

"Well, we gotta get going! Gonna get dark soon! Nice to meet you!" He starts to drag me away and the furry one calls out.

"Wait!" The two come up behind us but Ty continues to walk.

"Can we come with you? We currently don't, uh, have a place to stay." Ty looks at me and then turns.

"Ok." Then, continuing to pull me along, we keep going.
We exit the village and the air becomes easier to breath, and the sun is lowering in the sky. I recognize the area of forest and begin to run, the others following. I reach the edge of the forest and sigh, staring at the familiar hills and our home.

"Whew." The furry one stops a few feet in front of me.

"You're fast. Sky, right?" I nod and he holds a hand out to shake.

"Jerome." I take his hand and we shake, then let go as the other two come out of the forest.

"Why so slow?" Jerome teases and I add a bit in.

"Yea, Ty, busy kissing your new boyfriiiiieeend?" I draw out the last word and Jerome high fives me, as Ty blushes and shoves me.

"Shut up." I laugh and shove him back, watching him stumble and fall, into a little pond. He sits up, and glares. Mitch laughs and Jerome does too.

"A little help?" He raises his hand and still laughing, I take it to help him out only to be pulled in.

"GERONIMOOO!" I hear a yell as I surface and soon Mitch is splashing into the pool as well. Jerome lurks on the edge.

"Comin in, biggums?" He jumps a little.

"Uh, well, Baccas and water don't mix very well..." Mitch grins.

"Come on, we'll teach you!" As Jerome smiles and Ty splashes me, I feel safe.