Ty

I don't believe Sky one bit. His brow is furrowing in the way that means he's thinking hard about something. Usually too hard. I reach out and pat his shoulder, and he gives me a grateful glance until Jerome moans for the thirtieth time in the last five minutes,

"Are we theeeere yet...?" I look around, then keep walking.

"Almost there." I confirm, and push aside a bush.

"See?" A small trail leads off.

"This should bring us straight there." I say with certainty, and Mitch bounds down the trail shrieking,

"FREEEEEDOMMMMM!" Jerome laughs and runs after him, and I hear a huge thud.

"Ow." Sky and I round the corner to see them sprawled out on the ground, laughing hysterically. Mitch untangles himself and gets up, offering his hand to Jerome.

"Thanks." Jerome says as he's hauled up, but then bends over and lets loose a hiss of pain. He grasps at his wrist before straightening.

"Dude, you ok?" Mitch asks, a concerned expression on his face.

"Yea, I'm fine." Jerome replies, but I have my own suspicions.

"Was it your wrist?" I ask, pressing, and he looks at me.

"Yea....just a, uh, cut from the debris." I shrug.

"Why don't you have Sky wrap later. Don't want it getting infected." He nods, and falls back a little. I watch him, then focus on the path. For some reason, I have a hard time believing him.

----------

A few hours later the sun is almost gone, and the path seems to be getting more worn and the trees thinner. As we round the next corner, a crumbling building comes into view. We all stop, looking at it.

"Well, we've arrived." Mitch says, and Jerome nods in agreement. I look at Sky, but he seems ok for now. We walk past the old farmhouse, which is just a burnt skeleton, and continue into town.
It hasn't changed much since I've last been here, a little more overgrown, a little less on fire. The houses are being overtaken by trees and flora, and slowly crumbling.

"This is....creepy." Jerome says, the sound of his voice piercing the silence. I look at him, then back ahead to Sky.

"The baker lived here." He mutters as we pass a building with a broken awning.

"Blacksmith."

"Tailor."

"Drug Store."

"Grocery." He names the buildings as we pass them, then stops talking as we exit the main street. He just looks at the houses, until we reach the end of the road.

"That was uneventful." Jerome says, picking at his fur.

"We should find shelter." I say, glancing at Sky.

"Here's a good house! The roof is up and the walls are mostly intact." Mitch yells at us, a few houses down. We trek over and look at it, and I feel Sky stiffen.

"How about...not this one?" I say, looking at him.

"Nah, this ones great! Loo-" I slap my hand over Jerome's mouth as he starts talking.

"N-no. This ones fine." Sky says quietly, looking around. I feel something wet on my hand and pull it away quick.

"Aw, man, you are grooooss!" I wipe the spit off of my hand as Jerome, Mitch, and Sky double over in laughter. Shooting amused glares at them, I pack a ball of ash and throw it, hitting Jerome's fur.

"Gotcha!" I yell, and he laughs harder.

"Not for long! Don't touch my Bacca!" I feel a ball of ash hit my side as Mitch throws it, and I laugh too. Sky picks some up and chucks it at Mitch, hitting his head. He rubs it, smearing it like war paint on his face.

"You're on, suckers!"

---------

Hey guys.
First of all, I would like to thank you for reading this book! I have reached just over a hundred reads and I'm feeling kinda proud of myself :).

So thanks for reading my book. Please vote and comment and stuff. I need to know who to add next, after Honam city. I already have an entrance planned there ;). So please tell me - who would you like to see in this story next?