Ty

Sorry for the previous chapter....

not.
----------
I couldn't believe it. My breath shortened into fast gasps and my eyes blurred, the crowd's roar fading into a dull thrum.

Execution. I remember it now. The horror of watching the person die, the moment they fade, the moment you loose them forever.

"You aren't from around here, are you?" A soft voice asks, breaking the thrum of soft noise and turning it to a roar, and I faze back to reality.

"Huh?" The boy wore a black hood, making it hard to see his face. He shook his head.

"Not regular travelers either. Executions are common everywhere nowadays. You lot seem...well, shocked." By now we are all looking at him, and as I look at the others I see the horror on their faces. My own must be a mirror of them. I turn back to the boy as he speaks again.

"Follow me." We look at each other again, and Sky shrugs, somewhat recovering from the initial shock. I follow him first, catching up to him as he briskly walks. I hear Jerome and Mitch mutter a few sorries as they push through the crowd to join us.
He leads us onto a less crowded side street, and keeps walking.

"Where are we going?" Mitch asks, catching up and matching my pace. I shrug and the boy keeps walking, not turning or answering.

"Where are we going?" Mitch asks again, louder and more insistent. This time, the boy answers.

"My house. Now shut up, we don't want to draw attention." Mitch falls silent and no one talks again until we're standing in front of a large, stone building.

"Welcome to my house." The boy, still wearing his hood, says, and pushes open the door which swings open silently. We enter, and I get an uneasy feeling. My hand strays to my hip and the hilt of my sword, which is slightly hidden by my pack. The boy glances at me, then stops in front of a wall.
I'm confused, until he presses his hand to the wall and a section moves away, revealing a dark hallway. The boy enters.

"Come on." He whispers, waving us in. After a second I follow, then Sky, then Mitch and Jerome. We walk for another minute, single file in the dark, tight space. The boy hits a button, and the passage it filled with a soft purple glow.

"Welcome to my room." He says, letting us in first.

----------

The room is lit only by an enchantment table in the corner, so the light is tinged purple. Bookshelves line the walls, and a cauldron and potion stands stand on one wall.

"Woah." Sky says, lightly running his fingers over the table, and the light changes to blue. Mitch and Jerome stand in the middle of the room, taking in everything with wide eyes. I feel a tap on my shoulder.

"What do you think?" His voice is quiet and I smile.

"This is really cool. I'm, uh, Ty by the way." He pulls the cloak he was wearing off, revealing purple and silver clothes, lavender eyes, and messy brown hair.

"Seto." He replies, exchanging the dark black cloak for a light purple, silver, and white one.

"Is this really your room? Do you have a bed?" Jerome asks, and Seto shakes his head.

"This isn't my bedroom. This is my workroom. Not that anyone knows about it." I glance at the cauldrons and brewing stands.

"Workroom? What do you do here?" Sky asks the question for me and Seto grins, turning around and rifling through a chest. He pulls out a rope and looks around.

"Uh, Ty, come here." I walk over hesitantly and he grabs my wrists a small smile on his face. Slowly, he wraps the rope around them a few times, loosely. I give him a nervous look.