Ty

I knew someone was in the cave with me the minute I woke up. At first, it was just scuffling noises, then, a dry voice called out,

"Who's there?" I decided against replying and slowly crept forward to see a shadow of someone. I grip my iron sword tight and raise it to the back of the shadows head.
It slowly turns, and I see wide eyes before it - no, he falls backwards, landing on his butt, then scrambles backwards. I watch as he curls into a ball, shaking.

"P-p-please don't k-kill me." He stutters out. Woah. I wasn't expecting that, so I slowly put my sword down.

"Hey, no, uh, I won't kill you! No way!" He looks up and I notice tears spilling from his eyes.

"Really?" He gives me and the sword a dubious look.

"Really." I reply, kicking the sword away from me. He visibly relaxes, then shakily stands.

"Are you ok?" I ask, and he starts to nod, then shakes his head.

"No....they attacked my village... I-I think...everyone's..dead." I look at him. The burnt village on the edge of the forest! He must have lived there. I can't find words, and he sits on the rocks again, so I go and sit by him.
We sit in silence for a while before I speak up.

"What's your name?" He looks up, then says,

"Sky. They called me Sky." I smile.

"I'm Ty, and I won't let anything hurt you, Sky."