Sky

He said he wouldn't hurt me, and that he'd protect me.
Well, it's all I got.
We work side by side, collecting the necessary things to survive. Cobble, wood, food, coal, iron. We, well mostly he, talk, and by the time the sun is highest in the sky I've learned so much. Not only about him, but about the world. I knew about the war, about the neighboring county attacking us. I knew about death. I'd seen it. But things about survival had escaped me, about the best way to mark caves, to build a house, to fight monsters.
I learned Ty's real name was Tyler, he has lived alone for as long as he can remember, he is seven years old. and so much more. But then, he mentions the headphones.

"Yea, I found them just outside the forest, in a recently attacked village." I stiffen at his words, then look at him.

"It was still smoldering. There weren't any bodies though, which is weird, but hey, what can yo-" I cut him off.

"Take off the headphones." He looks at me like I'm mad.

"What?" I look at him more intensely. I have to know.

"On the inside, is there a marking like a flower, then the name Andy?" He puts down his axe and takes off the headphones, inspecting them.

"Uh, yea. Right here." I feel my knees weaken and my vision goes blurry. Oh no. I knew him. I knew Andy. He was the blacksmith.

"Huh? Sky? Are you ok?" I try to catch my breath and Ty lets me lean on his shoulder.

"That....that's my village." I mutter, then look up at him.

"No bodies? Could they be alive?" He rubs his neck.

"Well, I guess. As slaves." Taking a deep breath, I stand up. I take the dropped axe in my hands, and start swinging at trees, ignoring Ty's questions. I have to get her back.

I have to get them all back.