Ty

The wail sounds sad, like someone is mourning. I follow it, avoiding potholes filled with fire. I hear Sky following me and smile to myself. I like him a lot.
Finally, the wailing seems to be right around the corner, and then it stops, turning into muffled sobs. I stop and turn, looking at Sky before turning back around and peeking around the corner.
Two people are silouhetted by smoke, one sitting, cradling what looks like a body, the other behind him, watching. They both seem to e to short for adults, so they must be our age. Sky peeks over my shoulder, then goes and says,

"Well that is not what I expected." Glaring at him, I put my finger to my lips.

"Shut up they might hear us." I hiss over the fires. Suddenly, Sky's face goes pale and he mutters,

"They already have." I turn slightly, to find the standing figure holding a bow, pointed at Sky's head.

"I have had TOO MANY weapons pointed at my HEAD for my liking this week!" Sky shouts, clearly confusing the archer. I stifle a giggle, and yank him behind the tree we're hiding behind.

"Notchdammit Sky." I mutter, holding my sword to my chest. He simply laughs quietly.

"Hey it's true." An arrow plunks the tree right next to my head and I wince as wood is sent flying.

"HEY!" Sky sprints out from behind the tree, an distracts the guy. I go out the other way and come for behind him. He knows he's outnumbered and his eyes go wide as I tackle him, the bow landing a few blocks away as my sword goes to his throat.

"Hey." I say, just as something jumps on me from behind.