36

Later that night everyone sat at a large table in the newest restaurant in National City, the only one missing from the group was James who told Lena 'Not much to celebrate! She sucked up to Cat Grant for years! She was just an assistant not long ago! Now she's the CEO! I'm not celebrating that! I'm leaving National City instead!' The news hurt Kara when Lena told her but she accepted it with grace. Lena stood up just before the main course came through and readied her short speech. "Tonight we come together to celebrate Kara! Not only is this our sixth month anniversary...but it's also to celebrate her new title as CEO! She worked her way from assistant, to reporter and finally to the newest CEO of Cat Co Magazine! Congratulations Darling!" Lena explained. "CONGRATULATIONS KARA!" Everyone shouted. "Thanks guys!" Kara replied blushing.

As the first course arrived to the table everyone began eating the delicious food. "Thank you Lena...for everything!" Kara whispered as she gently took Lena's hand in her own. "You're welcome darling! You deserve it." Lena replied. Sam looked over at the couple wondering if Lena was gonna do it now or later. "Think she'll do it?" Alex asked softly. "No idea..let's wait and see." Sam replied. Win and Jess were the first to leave the restaurant after bidding Kara another congratulations. They were followed by J'onn leaving Sam, Ruby and Alex with Kara and Lena.

"I'll be right back.." Kara stated as she got up and headed to the bathroom. "Are you gonna do it auntie Lena?" Ruby asked. "I think so...when she comes back it'll be desert time so I'm thinking of having the waiter put it in her dessert." Lena replied. "Here comes the waiter now." Alex stated. "Uh..sir? Could you put this on the desert plate for the blonde woman here?" Lena asked. "Of course Miss!" The man replied taking the ring from Lena. "Thank you!" Lena replied with a smile. "What?" Lena asked looking at everyone else. "Nothing...just didn't think you'd do it so soon.." Sam replied. "Well it is our six month anniversary. And we're living together and it just so happens to be the day she gets promoted to CEO...so what a better time to do it!" Lena stated. "I agree! That's why I'm gonna video call mom now so she can see it happen too." Alex stated pulling her phone out.

Kara came back and took her seat. "Did you order dessert?" Kara asked. "Yea, it'll be here in a little bit." Lena replied. "Alex? What are you doing?" Kara asked. "Calling mom...she wants to tell you congratulations too." Alex replied pointing the phone screen at Kara just as the desert appeared. "Congratulations sweetie!" Eliza cooed. "Thanks Eliza...oh this..ohh umm..." Kara begins babbling. "Kara...I know it's just our six month anniversary...and you've just got promoted to CEO but...I couldn't put this off any longer. Kara, from the first moment you stepped through my office I knew you were gonna change my life. And you did. We danced around our feelings for years until one night six months ago we decided to express them. Since then we took our first mini vacation together and moved in together immediately after returning. There's no one else I'd rather order Chinese food and watch Wizard of Oz with...Kara Danvers...will you marry me?" Lena asks.

Kara has tears staring down her face as nods furiously. "Yes...!" Kara squeaks out. "I knew it..." Eliza says causing everyone to start laughing as Lena puts the ring on her finger. Kara pulls Lena into a searing kiss that lasts only a few seconds before everyone is cheering for them again. "We're getting married!" Kara whispered. "We're getting married!" Lena replied.