4

After mingling and getting complements on their outfits the two woman found themselves on the dance floor. Kara's arms were around Lena as they danced to every song event the slow songs. Lena held onto Kara like she was oxygen herself and if she left her she'd surely die. "Everyone's staring at us Lee..." Kara whispered. "So...let them stare." Lena whispered back in Kara's ear. Kara's heart began racing inside her body as she felt Lena move closer to her. Looking at the couple you wouldn't be able to slide a piece of paper between them they were that close.

After a few more songs passed they headed over to the food tables before finding a secluded table. "This is so much fun!" Lena whispered. "It is isn't it? I'm having a wonderful time, although this human alcohol is really kicking my ass." Kara whispered causing Lena's face to drop. She'd forgotten about the alcoholic beverages affecting Kara so badly. "I think I'm gonna go to the bathroom." Kara stated as she stood up before stumbling towards the door Lena quickly on her heels. "Hey! I've got you Kara, come on." Lena stated as she held the blonde up as they walked towards the bathroom.

Lena waited for the blonde to finish in the stall while she prepared herself for what she wanted to do. "You feeling ok?" Lena asked as Kara emerged from the stall. "Yea, thank you for coming with me. Sorry if I ruined your night." Kara stated. "You could never ruin my night Kara. In fact you make it better." Lena said as she leaned in closer to Kara who stood there like a statue. "Kara..." Lena whispered.

"Lena..." Kara replied just as Lena leaned in the rest of the way and connected her lips to the blondes. Instantly a warm feeling filled the women up with butterflies. Kara would later tell their children that she saw fireworks that night. When they pulled apart Kara still had her eyes shut. "Kara?" Lena asked. "I should go..." Kara whispered as she hastily left the bathroom. Running down the hall till she made it to her office where she sat on the floor and began sobbing into her hands. "What's wrong with me?" She cried out loud as she heard someone knocking on the door.

When no one answered Lena let hers inside Kara's office and the sight in front of her broke her heart. Kneeling down Lena pulled Kara into a hug and tried to calm the blonde down. "We...we kissed...." Kara exclaimed. "Yes we did..." Lena replied softly as she ran a hand over the blondes face wiping away her tears.