Chapter 41 - The Date

Alexia's POV
Y/n has profusely apologized and I'm beginning to trust her again slowly. When she arrived back from camp she ended up sleeping in her room rather than our room. It wasn't til about two days ago when I heard her knock on our bedroom door at night.
Flashback
"Ale?" I hear her whisper. "Are you awake?"
"What's wrong y/nn?" I ask.
"I can't sleep, I had a nightmare. Can you hold me please?" She asks. I open my eyes and see the taller girl wrapped in her blanket like a little burrito.
"Come here." I say opening up my arms for her to cuddle in my arms.
"I miss you." She says quietly with her head resting on my chest. I kiss the top of her head and hold her tightly as she falls asleep.

Today was date night and boy was I nervous. Alba and Mapi are at y/n and I's apartment helping me get ready while Ona and Lucy are helping y/n get ready at their apartment. I opted for a short black dress with an open back.
"Looking good hermana." Alba says as I walk out of the bathroom showered and dressed. Alba helps me dry my hair and I leave it down which is how y/n likes it.
"I'm nervous." I admit to my sister.
"What's on your mind Ale?" Alba asks.
"Do you think it's going to work out or will she leave at the end of the season like Jenni left me?" I ask.
"I don't know Ale... the girl likes you though and she will treat you better than Jenni ever did." Alba says.
"I have a feeling that she's going to leave." I admit to my sister.
"Don't worry about the future right now!" Mapi says slapping my on the back.
"Shut up you don't have to worry, you and Ingrid are practically married." I say.
"Come on Ale, y/n will be here soon." Alba says.
"You look beautiful Ale." Mapi says smiling at me.

y/n's POV
"I'm happy for you!" Ona says.
"I'm so nervous Ona." I say rubbing my palms against my black dress pants.
"She loves you." Lucy says.
"Love is a strong word." I say anxiously.
"I can see it in her eyes." Ona admits.
"I like her a lot... maybe I do love Ale, but I want to do things right and not rush into everything." I say.
"Just be yourself, Ale likes you for you. Nothing to be nervous about." Lucy says.
"I look good right." I ask standing up and spinning in front of my two best friends.
"I'd fuck you if I wasn't with Lucy." Ona says and I blush.
"Heyyyyyyyy." Lucy say pouting at her girlfriend.
"I'm sorry mi vida y/n is hot." Ona says and kisses Lucy sweetly as an apology.
"Forgiven but you can only call me hot." Lucy says.
"The hottest mi amor." Ona says kissing her again. I'm so happy for them, they're disgustingly cute together.
"You two are disgustingly cute." I say.
"Now you know how everyone feels when you and Ale are together." Lucy says and I roll my eyes.
"We aren't that bad." I say.
"Yes you are." Lucy and Ona say.
"Fine, I'm leaving!" I say walking to the door.
"Go get your girl!" Ona says.
"Don't forget the flowers!" Lucy yells at me. I grab the bouquet from their dining room table and start making my way back to Ale and I's apartment.
I arrive at the door and I raise my hand to knock. I freeze for a second and take a deep breath before knocking on the door. I hear footsteps for a bit before the door swings open. I see Alba with a smile on her face. The color drains from my face because I wasn't expecting Alba at the door. I knew she was helping Ale get ready but I didn't expect to see her. Ale and Alba are super close so I'm like one hundred percent certain she knows I kissed Leah.
"Hola Alba." I say nervously.
"Are those for me?" She asks in Catalan motioning towards the bouquet I have for Ale.
"Yes." I say quickly handing her the flowers. I mentally facepalm knowing that those flowers were for Alexia but I was too nervous.
"MAPI LOOK Y/N GOT ME FLOWERS AND DIDN'T GET ANY FOR YOU!" Alba yells down the hall.
I slowly step into my apartment and fidget with my rings as I wait for Alexia. I see Mapi run down the hall towards me.
"You didn't get me flowers?" Mapi says pointing at me.
"Next time Maps." I say with a small smile.
"Don't be nervous chica it's just Ale." Mapi says elbowing me in the ribs.
"That's why I'm nervous it's Ale and I want everything to go perfectly." I say quietly. Mali opens her mouth to reassure me but I spot Ale walking down the hall. My mouth falls open as I stare at her respectfully I might add.
"Close your mouth dumbass." Alba says in Catalan causing me to blush in embarrassment.
"Be nice Albs." Ale says walking up to me and Alba rolls her eyes.
"You look beautiful as always mi amor." I say taking Ale's hand and I kiss her forehead softly.
"And you look handsome mi vida." She says smiling at me.
"Ready?" I ask her in Catalan and she nods.
"Your Catalan sounds amazing I wonder why?" Ale says in English.
"Hmm you sound more British everyday..." I say laughing.
"Have fun you two!" Mapi yells as I walk hand in hand with Ale to her car.
I walk up to my Cupra which I finally got this morning.
"I see you got your car." Ale says and I hum.
"Fitting right in aren't you now." She says and I kiss her cheek before opening the passenger door allowing her to get in. I shut the door and walk to my side and get in handing Ale my phone to play music.
"Where are we going?" Ale asks.
"It's a surprise." I say in Catalan.
"I love it when you speak Catalan." Ale says.
"I love it when you speak with that cute English accent of yours." I say in Catalan.
I drive us to my favorite flower shop in Barcelona since Alba kinda took Alexia's as I walked through our apartment door.
"I thought we could make a bouquet together." I say sheepishly.
"Adorable." Alexia says.
"Alba actually took your bouquet..." I say chuckling nervously.
"I figured because those were my favorite, it's cute that you let her keep them." Ale says.
"I have to make a good first impression." I state with some confidence but my voice still shaking a bit.
"Don't be nervous babe it's just me." Ale says grabbing by my hands.
"I just want this to go perfectly because that's what you deserve." I say.
"Let's get some flowers." Ale says grabbing my hand and dragging me inside.
We walk into the shop and the bell rings and I see my favorite florist poke her head up from behind the counter.
*Catalan in italics
"Hi Julia." I say smiling at the old lady.
"Y/n? What are you doing back already? Did she not love the flowers?" Julia asks worried. I don't think Julia saw Alexia walk in and now Alexia is browsing the shop looking at all the flowers.
"Her sister took them and I didn't have the heart to tell her they weren't for her so we are here to make a bouquet together." I say.
"We? She's here?! Where??? I want to meet her!" Julia says.
"The beautiful blonde over there who's looking at the carnations and roses." I say happily.
"She's gorgeous. How'd you manage to get her?" Julia asks making me scoff rolling my eyes.
"The ladies love me Julia but Ale is something special." I admit. Julia and I spend a couple minutes talking and I tell her more about Alexia until I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around and see Alexia with an assortment of flowers in her hands.
"Ale meet Julia." I say introducing them.
"Hi Julia, I'm Alexia." Ale says nervously.
"It's nice to meet you Alexia, I've heard so much about you, all good things." Julia says.
"I think I got too excited and grabbed too many flowers." Ale says pouting.
"It's okay my love. You only grabbed my favorite flowers though so let's grab some of yours." I say. Julia takes the carnations from Alexia and I watch her grab some baby's breath. I take Alexia over to the Dahlias her favorite flower.
"Pick some babe." I say and I watch her eyes light up as she grabs a couple. I grab some eucalyptus and we walk over to Julia.
"You two are adorable." Julia gushes making both of us blush.
"Thank you." We both say softly handing Julia the rest of the flowers we picked. We laugh and talk about anything and everything with Julia as she teaches us how to make flower arrangements. We leave the flower shop with barely enough time to make our dinner reservation which luckily is not too far down the street.
"Thank you Julia." Ale and I say before leaving.
"Bye lovebirds hope to see you both again soon." She says.
Ale and I exit the store hand in hand with Ale carrying her flowers.
"What's for dinner?" Ale asks.
"Korean BBQ." I say and Ale jumps up and down excitedly.
"Let's hurry or we will miss our reservation at the new restaurant you've been wanting to try down the street." I say practically dragging Ale down the street. We arrive at the restaurant with little time to spare.
"Party of two for y/ln" I say in Spanish.
"Follow me." says the waiter. Ale and I get seated at our private table away from the main guests. I wanted something private, more importantly I didn't want fans coming up to us during our date. I wanted to make it just Ale and I as much as possible.
We get seated and Ale just looks at me intently.
"Do I have something on my face?" I ask feeling my face heat up as I wipe it with my napkin.
"No. You're just perfect." Ale says and I blush. "You're cute when you get all nervous." She says making me blush even harder.
"I'm not cute I'm badass." I say smirking and Ale laughs making me laugh as well. We order a bunch of meats to get started. As we put the first round on the grill I nervously decide when I want to ask this woman to be my girlfriend. I fidget with my rings as I stare directly at our brisket sitting on the little grill in the middle of our table.
"Babe you okay? What's wrong?" Ale asks.
"Nothing." I say quickly.
"Something's clearly bothering you y/n." Ale says a bit more sternly. "Look at me please."
I look up at Alexia and she looks at me intently.
"What's wrong mi vida?" She asks again.
"I'm scared." I admit.
"It's just me y/nn." She says softly.
"I know... I'm scared to fall in love again." I say.
I watch Alexia freeze at the word love and it makes my heart drop.
"I- I'm falling for you y/n, I would be lying to say I'm not. I'm falling in love." Alexia says.
"I'm falling in love with you too." I say with a smile on my face. We stare at each other for what feels like an eternity until I smell our food burning.
"Mierda we burnt the food." Alexia curses making me chuckle. We order a new plate of food and put it on the grill.
"Will you be my girlfriend? I had something more romantic planned in my mind but I just need to ask. I want to be able to call you mine. I'm sorry this is so not romantic of me." I say rambling.
"Shush y/n, yes." Alexia says cutting off my rambling.
"Yes?" I ask shyly.
"Yes I will love to be your girlfriend." She says.