Chapter 37 - Dumbass

Leah's POV
We've been at the bar for a bit now. Tensions are still high with me and the girls. Katie has warmed up a bit because we did shots together but I know most of the team is still mad at me. We're all at a table together I'm sat between Lia and Jen and across from Viv and Beth.
"Anyone know how y/n is doing?" Katie asks. Y/n has kept in contact with Viv and Beth but virtually no one else so everything that the girls learn is from usually Beth.
"She's okay." Viv says trying to cut the conversation short.
"Is she happy with Putellas?" Katie asks. I feel my stomach churn and my heart clench. I look down at my lap trying to avoid any eye contact.
"Alexia is y/n's friend, she's providing her support." Viv says.
"Support" Beth says giggling "they share a bed, I'm surprised they aren't together."
"Beth!" Viv says at her girlfriend.
"So they're all coupley but not together?" Caitlin asks.
"They live together." Viv says.
"That's how all lesbian romances start. I bet you they'll be together by Christmas." Katie says and other girls start chiming in with their bets but I stay completely silent. After my head begins spinning I manage to speak up.
"Can we please talk about something else?" I ask.
"No, your feelings can't dictate what we talk about." Katie states.
"Come on Katie not now." Lia says.
"No I think we should talk about this now. I want to know why you did what you did Leah. We all do." Katie says.
"If you want to step outside to talk Katie, okay." I say calmly but on the inside I'm spiraling.
"No right the fuck here Williamson! I lost my best friend because of you!" Katie yells.
"Do you know what it's like to see the girl you love with your entire being pushed up against the wall by the girl she told you not to worry about! ALEXIA'S HANDS GRIPPING HER FACE AND YOUR GIRLFRIEND PARTIALLY UNDRESSED?!" I scream at Katie.
"Leah you can't be mad because you are the one who didn't hear her out. Alexia was protecting y/n from Alex." Viv says trying to mediate the situation and many of the girls nod agreeing with her which just pisses me off even more.
"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT ME TO SAY KATIE?! I REGRET WHAT I DID AND SAID EVERY SINGLE SECOND OF THE DAY! I LOVE HER! I LOVE HER SO MUCH AND SHE IS FALLING IN LOVE WITH ALEXIA I CAN SEE IT IN HER EYES BECAUSE IT IS THE WAY SHE USED TO LOOK AT ME! I COULD HAVE BEEN FUCKING ENGAGED TO THE LOVE OF MY LIFE! DON'T YELL AT ME BECAUSE I AM FILLED WITH GUILT AND REGRET!" I yell and the entire table becomes silent.
"I'm happy y/nn is moving on with someone who deserves her." Katie says and I snap. Maybe it's the liquor in my system but I say something that shouldn't be said. I stand up and go face to face with Katie.
"You're one to talk McCabe. Tell us why did you SEVEN year long relationship with Ruesha end? You got together with Caitlin very fast. Did you cheat on Ruesha? Is that why Lia and Caitlin broke up? You're one to talk McCabe because from what I can see you're just a bloody fucking home wrecker and a cheater." I say and Katie is fuming. The alcohol really got to me because I couldn't move fast enough to dodge Katie's punch and her fist hits my face and I most definitely will have a black eye. I stumble backwards, the whole table of girls stand up. Many of them rush to hold back Katie. Lia and Jen help me as I've fallen to the floor.
"Leah... why did you say that?" Jen asks.
"Leah you're being a fucking dumbass.
Let's get you some ice." Lia says helping me stand.
"I'm fine. Leave me alone... I'm leaving tell Katie I'm sorry for saying those things." I say. I look up and everyone is looking at me disappointed. A couple of the girls are yelling at Katie for punching me but to be quite frank I deserved it. I
go to the bar grabbing myself another drink before I leave. I've been dancing with girls all night... each and every one of them baring some resemblance to the girl of my dreams who's happened to have moved on to the one she told me not to worry about. I sit on the stool and slouch onto the bar resting my head in my hands. My eye is swollen from Katie's punch. The bartender hands me my drink and I down it quickly.
"Leah?" I hear and I turn around and see Jordan.
"Jesus... what happened?" Jordan asks sitting next to me.
"Katie punched me. I deserved it though don't worry." I say.
"I heard about what happened... I'm sorry." Jordan says looking at me.
"My fault nothing to be sorry about." I mutter.
"No, y/n cheated." Jordan says.
"I don't know that anymore." I say honestly.
"I heard that she did, she was hooking up with Alexia probably is right now in Barca." Jordan says.
"Jordan shut the fuck up right now or leave." I say snapping at her.
"Okay calm down Leah let me get you home."