Chapter 1 - Flashbacks

"Hi my name is y/n y/ln and I am excited to play for the Portland Thorns. I dreamed of playing professionally and I cannot wait to play alongside some of the greatest female footballers like Alex Morgan, Tobin Heath, Emily Sonnet, Lindsey Horan and Christine Sinclair. Go PTFC."

"Hey, you're the new keeper?" asks this 5'7" brunette girl with blue eyed girl. That's Alex Morgan. I snap out of it when she waves her hand up at my face because I am 6'0". "Oh shit sorry." I say. "It's okay, I'm Alex. British accent??" she says. "I know. To answer your question I am the new keeper. I grew up in England." I say. "We're you staring at me because I am ugly?" she asks jokingly. "No you're breathtaking, cute, pretty, beautiful, gorgeous." I say and she blushes. "You're not to bad yourself y/ln. Your accent is cute."

Two months later...
"Alex! Hey!" I yell running after her after practice. "y/nn." She says smiling. "Uh... would you like to come over, watch a movie or two?" I ask. "I'd love to but I'm all sweaty and have no clothes." She says. "It's okay you can borrow my clothes and shower in my apartment. Here I'll drive and I'll drive you back home." I say grabbing her bag. We walk to my car and I open the door for her. "Thank you." She says. Thirty minutes later. I took my shower and now I am waiting for Alex. I decided on some grey sweatpants and a shirt. I scroll on my phone. "Y/NN!" Alex tells. "YES ALEX!" I yell back. "WHAT CAN I WEAR?!" She yells. "ANYTHING YOU WANT!" I say. A little later she comes back in my hoodie with my name on the back for the Thorns and my shorts with my number. "You look like you're drowning in my hoodie." I say laughing. She sits next to me and cuddles into my side. I put on Frozen per her request. As we watch the movie she inches closer leaving no space between us and she's sitting on my lap. blanket wrapped around us. I kiss the top of her head and she interlaces our fingers. The movie ends and I go to put in the next movie when Alex turns and looks at me straddling my hips. "Fuck it." she says and kisses me. I kiss back and my hands are resting on her hips. She deepens the  kiss and only broke it because she needed air. "I've wanted to do that since the moment I saw you." She says and I smile. We've been close like super close constantly hanging out and cuddling I just didn't say anything because I didn't know if she was gay or not. "I'm glad you did because I like you... a lot." I say. "I like you too." She says. "Date? Let me take you out to dinner. Tomorrow." I say and she smiles and nods then kisses me again passionately. My hands trail down to her ass and I squeeze it lightly and she moans. "I want you." She says moving her hand into my pants. I let out a moan. "Bedroom?" I ask and she nods. I pick her up bridal style and she lets out a little giggle. I lay her down on the bed. "Are you sure baby?" I ask her. "Yes I want you y/n I love you." She says. "I love you too Alex." I say. She takes off my hoodie and shorts leaving her completely naked. I take off my shirt and I lean forward and kiss her I slowly start kissing down her body until I reach her pussy. I suck on her clit and she moans. I slowly go into her and she closes her eyes tightly. My fingers go in and out at a slow pace. She moans. "Faster." She says and I pick up the pace.  Alex is a moaning mess and so am I. She lets out a loud moan when she cums andI fall on the bed next to her. "I love you so much." She says turning and kisses me softly.

Two years later. "Alex you make me the happiest woman alive, will you marry me?" I ask. The silence is deafening as she doesn't say anything. I get up and tears well up in my eyes. "y/n I'm sorry but no. I loved you I did or at least I thought I did. I loved you as a friend, I don't think I like girls." She says. I'm in complete tears now. "This entire time... you never loved me! I was your experiment! You know what Alex, fuck you!" I yelled shoving the ring into her hands. I turn and start leaving the pier. "Y/n wait! I DID LOVE YOU." She yells. I turned and looked at her "if you loved me Alex you would've said yes when I asked..." I say.

"y/n!? wait" I hear Tobin yell. She runs towards me. "You ended your contract with the Thorns?" She asks and I nod. "Why? I thought you loved it here." She asks frowning. "I do Tobs. I just can't be here anymore. You can ask Alex why." I say. "I'll miss you Tobs. I'm moving back to England." "No no no please don't go y/n we've just been called up for the USWNT." Tobin says. "I told Jill I'm not playing for the US." I say. "I'm taking off a year." "I will miss you y/n please keep in touch." She says. "I will Tobs. Talk to Christen she likes you, do something about it I know you love her." I say and Tobin nods. I get in my car and wave goodbye.

Sitting in the airport and I have tears streaming down my face. I go to instagram and immediately delete every single post I have with Alex. I see a Facetime from Tobin. I pick up and her face appears and Christen is with her. "I'm going to kill her." Christen says which shocks me because Christen is kind and caring. "It's okay Chris." I say. "No it's not she played you for TWO FUCKING YEARS!" Tobin says angrily and I've only seen Tobs mad on the pitch. "It's okay I'm heartbroken." I say. "I just need to get away." "Where are you going?" Chris asks. "Home to England then I am going to travel to France, Spain, Italy, and Portugal to ensure I am still fluent in all their languages." I say. "Damn five languages!" Tobs says. "I traveled a lot as a kid but my mother has family in Italy and I used to stay there a lot so it's my favorite language to speak." I say. I see notifications beginning to flood my phone about me deleting all my posts with Alex. "People know Alex and I aren't together. They realized all my posts with her are gone." I say. "Good leave that piece of shit behind." Tobs says. "She's still your teammate Tobs and your friend." I say. "Not after this." Tobs says. "Y/n delete your pictures with her, start a new chapter you're strong you don't need her." Chris says. They call for my flight. "Hey I got to go I love you guys. Come visit." I say smiling and they wave goodbye and end the call. I see a call from Alex. I answer.
Y/n baby please I'm sorry I still love you

Alex I can't do this, you hurt me no you broke me. You threw everything away.

You're leaving.

Yes.

To where.

Home.

Your home is with me in Portland with the Thorns.

Not anymore Alex. Please just leave me alone... I can't do this I love you with all my heart and you just crushed it.

Come on y/n I'm sorry I love you just not the way I thought... not the way you thought.

And that's the issue Alex... I love you and saw a future with you, as my wife and we would have kids and be happy. You... you didn't want that you don't love me like I love you. You said to me after I got down on one knee I don't think I like women. You don't get anything else from me Alex so just stop.

But y/n-

But nothing Alex, I love you, I really do but you broke my heart beyond repair... Goodbye Alex.

I ended the call and started crying again, I boarded the plane and waited to finally be at home in England in my apartment in London.

One year later. I pick up my phone I took a year off and moved back to England I got a dog a Husky with blue eyes I named him Pluto.  "Hello?" I say. "Is this y/n y/ln?" someone asks. "Yes." I say. "Hello I am the manager for Arsenal WFC I was wondering if you would like to come down to our training facilities and talk about signing you as a player." He says "I know you haven't played in a year but you are a phenomenal player and we'd love to have you join the team." "I would love to visit. I will be there tomorrow morning." I say. "GREAT! Can't wait to meet you." He says.