Chapter 9 - The "Soft" Launch

Leah's POV
Y/n and I have been super close and hang out all the time. All the Arsenal girls know something is going on between us but the only people who know that we're unofficially dating are Viv, Beth and Lia. In our last game before break it was the North London derby game and we won. Y/n started again and it made me smile seeing that she looked happy and carefree in the goal. Her game face is adorable too. We've gone on some dates and spent time cuddled up together watching movies. Y/n had already bought our tickets to Italy and won't tell me what she has planned. Today is my first day without spending time with y/n because I decided to go home to Milton Keynes before flying out to Italy with y/n. I arrive at my childhood home and am greeted by my mum.
"Hey mum!" I say.
"Hi sweetie how's everything?" She says and we walk inside and sit on the couch.
"Everything is good." I say and she looks at me.
"Leah honey tell me the truth." She says.
"I'm worried... y/n hasn't asked me to be her girlfriend. I don't want to lose her." I admit.
"Le that girl only has eyes for you. Looking at her when she's with you I can see it. It's like you're the only person in the room." My mum says.
"Then why hasn't she asked?" I ask feeling insecure.
"Le the poor girl is probably stressing about the way she's going to ask you. She wants to give you the world." My mum says.
"How do you know this?" I ask.
"Mothers intuition and I can see it whenever you two are together." She says. "You picked a good one. She loves you with all her heart."
"It's not too early to say I love you right?" I ask my mum.
"When you love someone you tell them Le because you never know what could happen." My mum says.
My mum and I continue chatting. I tell her about how y/n hasn't told me any of our plans while in Italy which makes my mum laugh a bit.
"What why are you laughing?" I ask.
"I know what you're going to be doing because y/n asked me to make sure you'd love and enjoy everything she wanted to do." My mum says.
"That's unfair that you get to know." I say crossing my arms.
"Sweetie your flight is tomorrow you'll know soon enough." She says.
"Ugh... mum do you think it would be smart to tell the public about our relationship." I ask.
"That's something you need to discuss with y/n. Considering the fact she only has eyes for you I can see her gushing about you constantly to the public which is adorable." My mum says. "She would make sure everyone knows how amazing you are and how much she loves you." My phone buzzes.

princess❤️ - hey bella tell your mother i said hello! i've made dinner, call me on your way home darling i miss you

amore mio🩷 - i'll call you when i get in my car i'm leaving soon. mum says hi. i miss you too baby

"See Le nothing to worry about." My mum says and I smile. "Go home to your girl Le, call me if you need anything. Don't forget about your mum."
"Thanks mum, I love you." I say.
"Love you too sweetie. Drive safely." She says. Thinking about going home to y/n makes my heart soar. I get into my car and immediately call her. Her voice echoes through my car, her accent is predominantly British but you can hear her Italian accent as well. Her voice causes butterflies in my stomach.

Cara! I miss you.

I miss you too Romeo

Really... Romeo, Le...

Princess you're very romantic, very much a softie

Only for you, I like princess more than Romeo tesoro. If Beth finds out I said that Le no cuddles for a week!

You would never!

I'm serious... she's already calling me a softie

Okay okay she won't find out... tesoro is new

Hm yea it is amore mio

There's another one! Come on babe you know I don't know Italian