Chapter 5 - Training

Y/n's POV
I walk into the Arsenal training center. I wave at Beth and Viv. I look for Leah but I don't see her. Today is my first day of training and I am here to impress.
"Hey y/n." Gio says walking up to me.
"Hello Gio good morning." I say smiling. I take a second to admire Gio but my attention is taken away from her when I see Leah walking in with Lia. I make eye contact with Leah and I smile but she looks down. My face drops and I head to the locker room.
"Y/n! Are you ready for training?" Manu asks grabbing my shoulder.
"Absolutely!" I say clapping my hands together. Trying to bring the smile back into my face after Leah ignored me.
Everyone heads outside and we meet with Jonas and our staff.
"Okay ladies we're going to run drills after warming up and then split off to train by positions so keepers, defenders, midfielders, and forwards. We will finish morning practice with a scrimmage then in the afternoon we have weightlifting and recovery." Jonas says.
Everyone seems to break off into little friend groups and I'm left alone. Manu comes over to me with Katie.
"I guess we will see what you're made of today y/ln." Katie says making me laugh.
"Take it easy on me I am still a bit rusty." I say.
"You looked fine when you were practicing during the warm up for Brighton." Manu says laughing.
"That was just luck." I say. We continue chatting while stretching and I keep glancing over at Leah every once in a while. We begin our drills and I end up in the same group of Leah. Every time she passes me she looks down. Did I do something wrong? I try to push it in the back of my mind but I can't as I mess up the drill. I quickly look up and see that Jonas wasn't looking. I let out the breath I didn't know I was holding in.
"Y/n are you okay?" Beth asks me.
"Yea I'm fine." I lie.
Once we finish up drills we split off into our position groups. I'm training with Manu and D'Angelo and I'm getting back into the groove of things. My dives are going well and my blocks are too. So far only one ball has hit the back of the net. Jonas calls us over to work with the strikers.
"You're going down y/n!" Beth yells from outside the box. I laugh as I walk to the goal.
"In your dreams Beffy!" I yell back.
The next fifteen minutes were fucking hilarious as all the strikers traded off shooting and us goalkeepers cycled through. Only Viv managed to get one past me and I'm glad it wasn't Beth or I wouldn't have heard the end of it.
"Okay ladies let's get into our scrimmage teams!" Jonas yells. The staff starts throwing different colored jerseys at us. I end up on a team with Beth and Katie. Leah is on the other team along with Viv. The scrimmage starts and it's a pretty even match. Viv and Beth have both had some good shots but Manu and I are playing well. About halfway through the scrimmage Katie managed to get one past Manu putting us in the lead. The game begins to get really competitive as we all want to win. The ball comes flying towards me and I dive and knock the ball out of play for a corner. It's the last play of the match so everyone comes up to the box except Manu who's in the other goal. I watch the ball fly in from the corner kick and I jump to go punch the ball away when I feel an elbow smash into my face.
"Fuck!" I say falling to the ground. I immediately cover my face.
"Y/n I am so sorry." I hear and I recognize the voice quickly. Leah. I take my hands off my face and I see blood on my goalie gloves.
"It's fine." Is all I say to Leah. I'm done trying to be nice to her I told her I liked her. I put down my walls to try to be her friend and get to know her and all she did was ignore me. I get up and walk off the field. I throw my gloves on the ground and take off my shirt. I hold it up to my nose. The medical team runs up to me. I tell them to leave me alone and I am fine. I just leave training and head inside to the bathroom. I walk into the bathroom and remove my shirt from my face. My nose is still bleeding and it looks a bit bruised. Thank god it doesn't look broken. I wash off my face with a bit of water and grab some paper towels. I stay in the bathroom until I can get the bleeding to stop but it doesn't. I decide to sit down before I get a bit dizzy. I hear the bathroom door open.
"There you are." I hear someone say. I look up and see Leah with Beth.
"I'm fine leave me alone. Is training over?" I ask.
"Yea but Jonas wants to talk to you." Beth says. I go to stand up but I almost fall over when Leah grabs my arm keeping me up right.
"I don't need your help Leah." I say. She looks at me softly almost looking like she's hurt by my words but she lets go.
"Here." Beth says handing me a granola bar. "You look like you're about to pass out."
I grab the granola bar and leave the bathroom. I head to Jonas' office. I knock on the door and I hear him say come in.
"I heard you needed to speak to me?" I say.
"Yes, you cannot just leave training like that and refuse help from the medical staff." Jonas says.
"I'm sorry it won't happening again. I am having a rough day." I say.
"If something is happening y/n you need to tell me." He says.
"Just some family troubles." I lie not completely because of the situation with my grandmother. He nods.
"Just let me know if anything happens. You don't need to attend afternoon training. Go to the recovery room and some staff is there waiting for you. The medical team will examine your nose then you are free to go." He says. I nod and I go to leave his office.
"Oh and y/n." He says and I stop and turn back to him.
"You'll be debuting our next game against Manchester United so you'll be in the starting eleven." He says.
"Thank you Jonas." I say.
"Phenomenal work today in training." He says and I smile. I exit his office and head up to the recovery room. The medical staff is waiting for me and they examine my nose. It finally stopped bleeding. They say it's not broken and tell me I need to ice it in order to reduce the swelling. I have an ice pack on my face as the trainers are rolling out my legs and massaging my shoulders. They begin cupping my legs, arms and shoulders when I hear Beth come in.
"Hey!" She says.
"Hi Beth." I say.
"Nose is okay?" She asks.
"Yup." I say.
"Are you and Leah okay?" She asks.
"Ask Leah she's been ignoring me." I say.
"So not good." She says.
"Yea. I'm done trying to be open. I let her in and she pushed me away and for what. I told her I liked her and I come in today and she doesn't even come up to me and say hi. Beth she avoided me all day. The first thing she said to me was the I am so sorry after she almost broke my nose." I say.
"I'll talk to her." Beth says.
"Don't even bother it's fine. I'm here to play not to fall in love again. It went so well last time I won't make the same mistake again." I say referring to me dating Alex.
"I'm sure this isn't the same y/n." Beth says.
"I don't know anymore." I say.
"I have to go for afternoon training. I'm assuming you're not coming because you're in recovery now. I'll see you tomorrow afternoon I guess for training. Congrats by the way I heard you're starting against United." She says.
"Thanks Beth." I say.
"If it's any consolation once you walked off field Leah felt horrible. She looked like she was about to cry, she didn't mean to hurt you." Beth says.
"I know." I say.
"No I mean hurt you emotionally not physically. I don't know why she ignored you but her ignoring you hurt her too y/nn." Beth says. I get sigh and let out a deep breath.
"You guys will fix things. I saw the way you guys looked at each other." Beth says. "Talk to her."
"I'll think about it." I say. "Have fun in training Beth."
"Ice that nose of yours. Can't have your face becoming uglier." She says laughing walking out the recovery room.
"Oh shut the fuck up Meado." I say.
I finish the rest of recovery in half an hour. On my way out of the training center I pass the gym and I see the girls doing weightlifting. My eyes scan the gym and I see everyone working out but I see Leah standing off in the corner. She looks like she's crying talking to Beth. I try to ignore it and shove the need to go check on her deep down within me. I pick up the pace when walking to my car trying to make sure I don't go back to see her. I get in my car and drive home. When I get home to my apartment I throw my bag down on the floor. I take a quick shower and put on some shorts and a shirt. I grab an ice pack out of the fridge and sit on my couch icing my nose. I put on the telly and watch Netflix. I end up thinking about whether I should talk to Leah than paying attention to the movie I was watching. Maybe I'll ask her if she wants to get breakfast. But I don't want to get hurt again.

A/N
I'm sorry for the short and very boring chapter. I just wanted to get something posted for you all to read. Also I'm not from England so I don't know their "slang" I guess so if anything seems incorrect that's why. I also want you all to know that I haven't been doing well lately so updates will either be really fast or really slow. I hope everyone is doing well. Thank you for all the support.